Dac for under 100$

Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,
6 minutes ago, RedMatterCrafter said:

Well the front headphonejack of my pc broke a week ago and now i am constantly switching the jack at the back between my headphones and my speakers. I thougt getting an dac/amp could give me the extra port that i need and improve my soundquality.

save up the extra cash for the fulla 2, it has pre-out for your speakers and is much better than a e10K

(I am german, so sorry for my bad english)

Hi, i want a dac for my M50x's.

I don't want to spend more than 100€, which is around 110$, but less is better.

My motherboard already supports 24Bit 192kHz soundquality. But i don't know exactly what that means :D

Do you guys know some good dac's, that i can get in germany, under 100€/110$?

"Shiit Fulla 2" or "FiiO E10K Olympus 2"

got both and both are good and around that price bracked

8 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

"Shiit Fulla 2" or "FiiO E10K Olympus 2"

got both and both are good and around that price bracked

Ok thanks. Looks like i can't get the Schiit Fulla 2 in germany :(, but i can get the FiiO E10K.

Which one did you prefer?

I think it'd be better if you clarify whether you want a USB DAC or a PCIE one or even a PCI one.

Just now, imluvian said:

I think it'd be better if you clarify whether you want a USB DAC or a PCIE one or even a PCI one.

I have an itx motherboard, so only 1 PCIE for my GPU. It has to be an external one.

1 minute ago, RedMatterCrafter said:

Yes i know, but i is at 122€ :(

and worth every single penny, the E10k is crap utter crap.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

10 minutes ago, RedMatterCrafter said:

I have an itx motherboard, so only 1 PCIE for my GPU. It has to be an external one.

I am using a creative sound blaster HD. It sounds clear and not overturned, and its price tag is within your budget.

6 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

and worth every single penny, the E10k is crap utter crap.

ok, but it is not within my budget. Do you know another good dac?

1 minute ago, imluvian said:

I am using a creator sound blaster HD. It sounds clear and not overturned, and its price tag is within your budget.

ok thanks :)

1 minute ago, RedMatterCrafter said:

ok, but it is not within my budget. Do you know another good dac?

first what you are looking for is a DAC and amp combo, not just a DAC, secondly, anything under that is not worth it, thirdly you are getting one for M50x's which isn't really worth getting anything for unless you have problems with your onboard.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

first what you are looking for is a DAC and amp combo, not just a DAC, secondly, anything under that is not worth it, thirdly you are getting one for M50x's which isn't really worth getting anything for unless you have problems with your onboard.

Well the front headphonejack of my pc broke a week ago and now i am constantly switching the jack at the back between my headphones and my speakers. I thougt getting an dac/amp could give me the extra port that i need and improve my soundquality.

6 minutes ago, RedMatterCrafter said:

save up the extra cash for the fulla 2, it has pre-out for your speakers and is much better than a e10K

1 minute ago, Dackzy said:

Ok thanks, i will get the fulla 2.

2 hours ago, RedMatterCrafter said:

Ok thanks. Looks like i can't get the Schiit Fulla 2 in germany :(, but i can get the FiiO E10K.

Which one did you prefer?

def. the fulla 2. But the FiiO comes about 50$ cheaper and is fine for your headphones (which are not super great by any means to be honest :-))