Video Setup to Film Product Unboxing/Demo Videos

Hi Everyone,

I own an internet store that we run on Shopify, and we use paid ads on Facebook to promote our products.   

Video ads are working great for us, and we'd like to setup a pro video room to shoot better product unboxing/demo videos.

Wondering what is a must,  what kind of camera, lighting, green screen you recommend, and how to position the cameras/lights/etc so it looks amazing?

All tips are much appreciated, I know you are all super busy.

16 minutes ago, Silicuda said:

Hi Everyone,

I own an internet store that we run on Shopify, and we use paid ads on Facebook to promote our products.   

Video ads are working great for us, and we'd like to setup a pro video room to shoot better product unboxing/demo videos.

Wondering what is a must,  what kind of camera, lighting, green screen you recommend, and how to position the cameras/lights/etc so it looks amazing?

All tips are much appreciated, I know you are all super busy.

The first questions that come to mind here:

• What are the dimensions of the room you plan to use?
  • How much are you willing to spend?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

I think the first question you should you asks yourself is: can someone else do it? maybe even hire a professional (film students are well equipped to do this sort of stuff, from camera to lighting and are not really that expensive.)
Then, preferably together with a professional: set up a script. A step by step plan on how the finished product video should look like. If you only plan to use hands and no faces then you might not need a greenscreen, etc.

The quality of a video start with the pre-production, not the production. If you need more information I could help, but I need more information from you as well, more data is better (what kind of unboxings, what is the focus, how long should they take, etc.) I could even make a script for you so there is something to start with.

Saying "How to get the best video" is like saying "How to write the best song ever written." It all depends on a LOT of details.

• 1 month later...
On 6/26/2017 at 2:04 PM, Trustadz said:

I think the first question you should you asks yourself is: can someone else do it? maybe even hire a professional (film students are well equipped to do this sort of stuff, from camera to lighting and are not really that expensive.)
Then, preferably together with a professional: set up a script. A step by step plan on how the finished product video should look like. If you only plan to use hands and no faces then you might not need a greenscreen, etc.

The quality of a video start with the pre-production, not the production. If you need more information I could help, but I need more information from you as well, more data is better (what kind of unboxings, what is the focus, how long should they take, etc.) I could even make a script for you so there is something to start with.

Saying "How to get the best video" is like saying "How to write the best song ever written." It all depends on a LOT of details.

Thank you very much, love the idea about working with film students!