Hyper 212 evo fan just stopped

Tellos

Ok my hypeer 212 evo fan no longer spins. Airs still below room tempt out of my case PC seems to run fine. I have gone to a pwoer save mode reducing PC preformance and am not gonan game. I need to find a good replacement fan hwoever that is compatible fast.

Remove it from the heatsink and plug it into a different fan header, then use a program like SpeedFan to see if it spins in a different header.

@LeinadTM  I tested it showing resistance to being spun. I ordered a new one already. Typically a fan doesint resist being spun by hand.

15 minutes ago, Tellos said:

@LeinadTM  I tested it showing resistance to being spun. I ordered a new one already. Typically a fan doesint resist being spun by hand.

Fair. A new one won't hurt.

@LeinadTM I will check tomarrow real temp still says cpu stable at under 40c without it. Also all other fans work sp dpubt it is a power issue or am I wrong in thinking this? 

Just now, Tellos said:

@LeinadTM I will check tomarrow real temp still says cpu stable at under 40c without it. Also all other fans work sp dpubt it is a power issue or am I wrong in thinking this? 

It won't be a power issue, something with the fans. If the new fan doesn't work, it's likely the fan header on the motherboard.

5 hours ago, Tellos said:

@LeinadTM   if so should I worry the board is going?

Not necessarily, if nothing else has stopped working. It could just be the one fan header. I don't know how it would have broken, but don't scramble to replace the mobo unless you notice any other significant issues with it.

@LeinadTM Only thing I notice is the CPU fan is really stiff comapred to every other fan in the rig. I am wodnering if that could definitivly tell me it's not the motherboard?

I am beginnign to wonder if I shoudl be impressed or afraid my fan temps still are even on the MB sensors saying it's temps hover from 35C to 45C at hottest cores. typically averaging around 38C. THERES ONKLY CASE FANS AND A 6 inch heat sink! what air cooling power hosue did I build? all my othere PCs in the past woulda heated up to 105 and died!

better air flow in your case and you have it on powersaver is probably keeping the temps down

CPU heatsinks can still easily be cooled passively by your case fans. They won't be able to handle much TDP, but they work, which is why your system didn't overheat. But to use the system for gaming or media editing, you need that new fan.

16 hours ago, Tellos said:

@LeinadTM Only thing I notice is the CPU fan is really stiff comapred to every other fan in the rig. I am wodnering if that could definitivly tell me it's not the motherboard?

Yeah, that's definitely a sign that it's a fault with the fan.

@LeinadTM well I installed tetsed new fan, works fine and massive drop in temps. So yeah board is fine was jsut a burnht out fan. But thanks all for the info. New fan isntalled new SSD isntalled my PC is feeling better.