Help with selecting a new monitor

TristanK

Hi people of LTT forum :),

So here is the story. I am thinking of purchasing a new monitor. I want to go with 32 in at 2560x1440. I am looking at Hp Omen 32 and Benq BL3200PT. What do you think of those 2. Do you have any other suggestions at that screen size and resolution? i will go as high as 550€ no more.

Thanks for any info 

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

What do you use your computer for. Gamers have different priorities then content creators.

5 hours ago, Trustadz said:

What do you use your computer for. Gamers have different priorities then content creators.

no content creation. Just gaming and system work

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

I'm not really up to date with the monitor market as of this moment. My experience with benq is really really bad though. They tend to be the cheapest, both in quality and price, but more in quality.

If you are possible to actually see the monitors in real life before you buy one, do it. The specsheets are unreadable and unreliable as everyone has a different way of testing. Also, search for (youtube) reviews on any monitor you buy.