My Mic setup (TO BE)

Neutrideo

So, i started researching some new microphones, and i thought this would be a good setup. A  CloudLifter CL-1 PreAmp, a  Focusrite Scarlett 2I4 audio interface, and for the microphone either a AudioTechinca AT2020 or a blues spark, any thoughts?? It is for a starting youtube channel, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZCt1ro6n6MeYTw75khlepw My microphone sucks

First ditch the preamp .Get a Presonous Audiobox 2x2 and get something like a Rhode NT1

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

First ditch the preamp .Get a Presonous Audiobox 2x2 and get something like a Rhode NT1

Thanks for the advice, i am in australia, so the conversions are wierd. So ditch the CloudLifter, get a audiobox 2*2 , but the rhode, i cant afford that, the only mics i can really afford is either the blue spark or the AudioTechinca at2020

Just now, Neutrideo said:

Thanks for the advice, i am in australia, so the conversions are wierd. So ditch the CloudLifter, get a audiobox 2*2 , but the rhode, i cant afford that, the only mics i can really afford is either the blue spark or the AudioTechinca at2020

What can you afford by ditching the cloudlifter

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

What can you afford by ditching the cloudlifter

as a sound dude, i know i need a preamp, i cant listen to audio without a preamp, it will kill me but i need as cheap i can, i am working as a pet assistant at a pet store, not getting much money, barely minimum wage for a 15 year old

Just now, Neutrideo said:

as a sound dude, i know i need a preamp, i cant listen to audio without a preamp, it will kill me but i need as cheap i can, i am working as a pet assistant at a pet store, not getting much money, barely minimum wage for a 15 year old

As a guy volunteering as a sound engineer,you would be better off getting a better MIC and using built in Presonous ones( they are pretty good)and getting a better mic

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

As a guy volunteering as a sound engineer,you would be better off getting a better MIC and using built in Presonous ones( they are pretty good)and getting a better mic

Ok, thanks for your input, i will consult my audio teacher, see if i can borrow a SM58 for a couple of weeks until i can afford to buy this stuff, anyone else got any input??

2 minutes ago, Neutrideo said:

Unless your room is acousticly perfect, you should go for a dynamic mic, condenser aren't meant to be used in broadcast, or "noisy" room. I would sugest a Heil Sound PR781 or similar

ok, i literally do have a perfect acoustic room, it was for when i was recording drums, all of my roof and walls and corners are fukk of acoustic panels, it was funded by my studio, had to give everything but the panels and the drumkit back. Over 10 thousand aud worth of acoustic panneling.

1 minute ago, Neutrideo said:

ok, i literally do have a perfect acoustic room, it was for when i was recording drums, all of my roof and walls and corners are fukk of acoustic panels, it was funded by my studio, had to give everything but the panels and the drumkit back. Over 10 thousand aud worth of acoustic panneling.

That's even better than my Room.I only spent 3k.JUst get a rhodes NT1

My life

1 minute ago, Neutrideo said:

But your computer will be running close to the mic and condenser mic like the AT2020 catch every litle sound. You should try first the sm57 or sm58 if you can, they are used in studio and pro recording way more than we think.

4 minutes ago, Belzebuth said:

But your computer will be running close to the mic and condenser mic like the AT2020 catch every litle sound. You should try first the sm57 or sm58 if you can, they are used in studio and pro recording way more than we think.

I use 2 of them there just detailed enough to be useful but not to detailed as my Senheisser that it catches me evrey time i move my legs

My life

You don't need a big budget for a mic setup I'm a small YouTuber and my setup is less than $50 snow pesos so about 40-60 AUD so don't go and get the most expensive thing you can afford get a setup that can be upgraded over time 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

6 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I use 2 of them there just detailed enough to be useful but not to detailed as my Senheisser that it catches me evrey time i move my legs

You're right mic, sound different in each situation, if the OP can borrow different mic and try them out before buying, this would be perfect. 

My best broadcast experience was with a DBX 286, with a sm57. But I do understand it's for Youtube so anyway post can be made, and any mic can sound amazing if the post is made right.

1 hour ago, Neutrideo said:

A  CloudLifter CL-1 PreAmp, a  Focusrite Scarlett 2I4 audio interface

CL-1 is a nice preamp, but it is not for your application. It is used to boost really quiet dynamic microphones like SM-7 or RE-20 or some quiet ribbons. 

2 hours ago, Neutrideo said:

as a sound dude, i know i need a preamp

If you want something with really good preamps which will not break your budget, look not further that Audient interfaces. They don't have so many 5 star reviews on Sweetwater for no reason. Basically they have ported a big console preamps into their interfaces.