Boot-looping

lawilson97

So, simply put, I've just built a computer and it was working moments ago.

Z77-D3H, 3570K, 8GB RAM.

What happens is, I press the power button, it turns on for a while and then turns off. It then turns on again, makes the standard post beep and goes into the Gigabyte UEFI... except it's just the blue background with the Gigabyte UEFI logo in the top-middle. No text or anything to choose. It then shuts down and repeats the first start up... it kind of switches between the two.

I've tried clearing the CMOS both by touching the pins and removing the battery for 30 seconds. I've also tried applying new thermal compound and re-mounting the CPU fan (stock cooler).

No idea what to do!

The photo is from a J2C video, it's as far as I'm getting and then it turns off.

I had just updated my BIOS which seemed to go completely fine, so I'm really unsure.

1.jpg

Yeah, sounds like you might've bricked your mobo.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

6 minutes ago, dcb-z said:

Yeah, sounds like you might've bricked your mobo.

So there's no way I can restore from the Dual BIOS?

The manufacturer page says you can but I haven't found it in the manual.

YES, I DID IT! I held the power and reset buttons down for about 15 seconds, pressed the power button and it went into the DualBIOS restore - wish me luck!

SUCCESS! OMG you guys are amazing, thank you so much!! And I was just looking at motherboards to buy online :D