Cooling my computer in a hot room

Kodi4444

is there a product that I can hook up or put next to my computer to blow cold air into my computer? possibly something like a mini AC unit for PCs. I have good fans on my computer the problem is the ambient temperature is a little warm for my computer. 

Just now, Kodi4444 said:

is there a product that I can hook up or put next to my computer to blow cold air into my computer? possibly something like a mini AC unit for PCs. I have good fans on my computer the problem is the ambient temperature is a little warm for my computer. 

Cool the room using a portable AC unit or give proper airflow through it. 

The only thing I can really think of is get your PC as close to an A/C vent as possible, really nothing else you can do.  Though you could always have a tray or pan of ice water and have a fan blowing over it and into your PC.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

I would be hard to cool the entire room that why I was looking for localized cooling for my computer.

Just now, Gamessys said:

The only thing I can really think of is get your PC as close to an A/C vent as possible, really nothing else you can do.  Though you could always have a tray or pan of ice water and have a fan blowing over it and into your PC.

wouldn't that be bad because of the water?

Just now, Kodi4444 said:

It definitely would but other than that there's no real way to cool your PC since most cooling solutions can only go as low as ambient temp unless you wanna use liquid nitrogen or something.

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

14 minutes ago, Kodi4444 said:

No, just a hassle to maintain.

12 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Take your filters out if you have any, dropped 20 degrees on my old PC

Or just clean the filters. That's how I dropped temperatures on my current PC.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

2 minutes ago, dcb-z said:

No, just a hassle to maintain.

Or just clean the filters. That's how I dropped temperatures on my current PC.

I don't believe in filters, why do you think OEM office PCs don't use them?

12 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I do, I've seen too many staff at my school leave the tower on the floor and after about a month, the side intake is coated in dust. Or they'll have had the PC for 5+ years on a desk and the inside of it is choked by dust.

Plus, as someone with 3 cats, I don't want a ton of fur in my tower.

QUOTE when replying to others / Quality over Quantity in your posts / Avoid ambiguous topic titles

Desktop: "Shockwave" Core i7-5820K / GTX 970 SSC / ASUS X99 Deluxe / 16GB DDR4 / 120GB Samsung 850 EVO / 2TB WD Black Caviar
Laptop:  "Archippos"  Dell XPS 15:  Core i7-7700HQ  /  GTX 1050  /  16GB DDR4  /  512GB NVMe PCI-E SSD

33 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Because OEMs spend as little money as possible with as little maintenance in mind as possible

The room itself must be cooled if you want your computer to get cooler. The only way to have a realistic "PC-cooled-area" would be to build some kind of box with an AC that the PC sits in insulated from the hotter space around it, and that's more work than just cooling the room. If you have a window it sounds like you'd need a window AC or something

How hot temperatures are we talking anyway? If your hardware isn't hitting 90C+ during your everyday use then it's fine

20 hours ago, dcb-z said:

I do, I've seen too many staff at my school leave the tower on the floor and after about a month, the side intake is coated in dust. Or they'll have had the PC for 5+ years on a desk and the inside of it is choked by dust.

Plus, as someone with 3 cats, I don't want a ton of fur in my tower.

If only they could lift student restrictions on school computers, they'd run so much better. My computer at school works but is so much more limited then our computers for obvious reasons. 

Be Vigilant or Jump Off

On 26.6.2017 at 2:13 AM, iamdarkyoshi said:

Because there is someone to clean offices once a week at minimum. Plus OEM PCs are often part of leasing agreement and providers get money from maintenance when something gets "slow".

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv