Mixing Metals?

To my understanding mixing metals can be disastrous in a custom loop. So, fittings, waterblock, and radiator should all be the same metal? I assume that the it doesn't matter what pump/res I use, or at least in this respect.

Nickle and copper can be mixed without issue.

It's generally Aluminum with other metals that cause the biggest issues.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Nickel and copper play nice with each other. Adding aluminum in to that will make copper and nickel very angry. They will start eating the aluminum away.

So for example, if you add an aluminum rad to a nickel and copper loop, the aluminum will corrode and your rad will start leaking at some point.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

17 hours ago, Aloe Vera said:

Definitely a good suggestion, very straight forwards to quickly understand what should and shouldn't be combined.

That list says that nickel and copper can't go together if I'm reading it correctly? 

True, however it also states that Nickel Copper Alloys and Nickel-Chrome Alloys work well with Copper. It will be a Nickel Chrome Alloy that is commonly used to make shiny water blocks and similar water cooling kits.