Gettimg windows for a new pc

Eiimer

Hello all.

im trying to get windows 10 for a new pc, im installing the ISO on an usb but when it asks wich windows version i want, it gets me confused, there are 3 versions to choose; Windows 10, Windows 10 Home single language and windows 10 N, im pretty sure i dont want the windows 10 n version, but i saw a video in wich he chooses the "Windows 10" version and when i select that i get a pop up saying to verify thats the version my pc has, otherwise i would need a key, and when i select "Windows 10 Home single language" i dont get that pop up, it means that i will get a full windows 10 home version for free? Or i would need a key later? 

Thanks.

You still need a key. Windows is not free.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 minute ago, JDE said:

Oh well then, do i choose the "windows 10" version instead of the home version?

1 hour ago, JDE said:

Then why is it still 99% functional without activation....

The answer is because microsoft doesn't give a shit if an installed copy is paid for or not since they're still making money from the non activated installs of windows 10 because of all the telemetry they're harvesting from those computers and selling on.

2 hours ago, Eiimer said:

That's your choice. 

44 minutes ago, demonix00 said:

Then why is it still 99% functional without activation....

The answer is because microsoft doesn't give a shit if an installed copy is paid for or not since they're still making money from the non activated installs of windows 10 because of all the telemetry they're harvesting from those computers and selling on.

They do. If Windows is not activated, I believe the PC will restart every hour after a long enough period of time of not being activated. 

5 hours ago, Eiimer said:

Hello all.

im trying to get windows 10 for a new pc, im installing the ISO on an usb but when it asks wich windows version i want, it gets me confused, there are 3 versions to choose; Windows 10, Windows 10 Home single language and windows 10 N, im pretty sure i dont want the windows 10 n version, but i saw a video in wich he chooses the "Windows 10" version and when i select that i get a pop up saying to verify thats the version my pc has, otherwise i would need a key, and when i select "Windows 10 Home single language" i dont get that pop up, it means that i will get a full windows 10 home version for free? Or i would need a key later? 

Thanks.

5 hours ago, Eiimer said:

Read this.

https://www.windowscentral.com/you-do-not-need-activate-windows-10

Not choosing HOME, could in fact be the PRO version.
It's not impossible to just start over if you choose the wrong one either...

2 hours ago, NCIX Lampy said:

They do. If Windows is not activated, I believe the PC will restart every hour after a long enough period of time of not being activated. 

You lose the Personalize abilities,...You get a watermark in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and /possibly....you can't utilise Microsoft account services such as syncing settings between devices. Other than that, it pretty much works as expected.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz