PC suddenly not as powerful

Hello I have been experiencing some trouble with my PC. It has been going on for months now but now i have decided to seek help.

For example I feel that my CPU is not as powerful as it should be. And on startup some ports on the back (motherboard) work randomly, eg one USB works, when I restart it the other one works etc.

My specs are CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1245 v3 (basically i7 4770)

MB: MSI H87-G43 GAMING (MS-7816)

GFX (i dont think thats important) : R9 280X by ASUS

Windows 10 64bit

and my power supply is IIRC 550W+ by Corsair

About the CPU issues. When running Chrome I cannot have 3 videos/streams (Youtube/Twitch) running as the same time without stuttering. I have 16GB RAM so thats not the issue. And it worked perfectly 6+ months ago.

All the parts are like 3 years old. (RAM is more)

I heard it could be the power supply dying when symptoms like this occur. But IMO it looks like MB is dying.

I have just made a fresh reinstall of Windows so it is not a software problem probably.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Thank you for your advices!

27 minutes ago, Colin Donoghue said:

What's you internet speed like 

14 MB down / 3 MB up. i'm not really that dumb :P

3 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Is windows+ chrome on an SSD or HDD, how old is it?

~3 years old Kingston HyperX FURY - 240GB

18 minutes ago, Sors said:

Have you check task manager to see if any programs have excessive CPU usage?

nothing weird

Xk1ir6H.png

3 minutes ago, honzaik said:

~3 years old Kingston HyperX FURY - 240GB

Do you have another drive to test on? 

If that doesn't work I'd run a MemTest86+ stability test.

You may not think it's your RAM but on the off chance it is you'll drive yourself insane looking for answers.

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

3 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

You may not think it's your RAM but on the off chance it is you'll drive yourself insane looking for answers.

i unfortunately dont have another ssd to test it on. maybe i dont even need it, i could reinstall chrome on my hdd (of course slower and move windows temp folder) but i think that would be really weird - do you recomend any ssd tester? i honestly dont think its my ssd since everything else is working as it should be 

i reckon i tested my ram few months ago because of this and everythink was ok, but i will do it again just in case! 

Sometimes the most overlooked thing in your PC might be the source of your problem.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

19 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Sometimes the most overlooked thing in your PC might be the source of your problem.

well would that be? CPU cooler, case?

Just now, honzaik said:

well that would be? CPU cooler?

It's a possibility, but I doubt that is the main cause of it. Using your "can't run 3 youtube/streams in Chrome without stuttering" as the base of your diagnostic. Format and reinstall windows again. With updated drivers and nothing else except Google Chrome, run the exact same video/streams you were watching and see if they are any improvements. If there is, then install other softwares one at a time and repeat the test until you see the problem. The latest software installed right before the problem occurred again might be the cause. Now if the problem happens at the very beginning then it could be hardware and for that, you have to spend money on spare parts or try changing some of the cables like your SATA data/power cable or port. Updating your bios might also fix some of those problems as well.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

It's a possibility, but I doubt that is the main cause of it. Using your "can't run 3 youtube/streams in Chrome without stuttering" as the base of your diagnostic. Format and reinstall windows again. With updated drivers and nothing else except Google Chrome, run the exact same video/streams you were watching and see if they are any improvements. If there is, then install other softwares one at a time and repeat the test until you see the problem. The latest software installed right before the problem occurred again might be the cause. Now if the problem happens at the very beginning then it could be hardware and for that, you have to spend money on spare parts or try changing some of the cables like your SATA data/power cable or port. Updating your bios might also fix some of those problems as well.

i just made a fresh install like 2 hours ago. that means its like 99% not a software problem. maybe BIOS because that did not update (but it is actually the latest one so no choice there). i will try change some sata cables but the only one that matters should be the one to the drive im currently using - ssd right? power cable is kinda odd choice but if nothing else works ok

Just now, honzaik said:

i just made a fresh install like 2 hours ago. that means its like 99% not a software problem. maybe BIOS because that did not update (but it is actually the latest one so no choice there). i will try change some sata cables but the only one that matters should be the one to the drive im currently using - ssd right? power cable is kinda odd choice but if nothing else works ok

If your board model that you provided in your OP is correct, the latest bios is B.7

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, NumLock21 said:

If your board model that you provided in your OP is correct, the latest bios is B.7

i know, it is B.7 SFxw37K.png

Just now, honzaik said:

i know, it is B.7 SFxw37K.png

Use cpu-z and monitor the cpu clock speed during your test.

Install a clean OS on your HDD and run a test from that.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

19 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Use cpu-z and monitor the cpu clock speed during your test.

Install a clean OS on your HDD and run a test from that.

https://valid.x86.fr/bu3jpn does this help? According to the bench the performance of the CPU is as it should be

22 minutes ago, honzaik said:

https://valid.x86.fr/bu3jpn does this help? According to the bench the performance of the CPU is as it should be

With your problem, you will not find the cause of your problem right away. It will take some time before you finally do. Maybe you might be luckier and find it quicker.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

This may or may not help you, but it sounds like the kind of problem that could get solved by this:

Turn it off, unplug the power and leave it unplugged for a while (hold the power button for about 20 seconds while you're at it), and then boot straight into the BIOS menu so the OS doesn't get a chance to sync the time with a server on the internet. Does the clock in there show the correct time? If it's incorrect, replace the CMOS battery with a new one, otherwise, try taking it out and back in again to reset the CMOS.

1 minute ago, Tosa said:

This may or may not help you, but it sounds like the kind of problem that could get solved by this:

Turn it off, unplug the power and leave it unplugged for a while (hold the power button for about 20 seconds while you're at it), and then boot straight into the BIOS menu so the OS doesn't get a chance to sync the time with a server on the internet. Does the clock in there show the correct time? If it's incorrect, replace the CMOS battery with a new one, otherwise, try taking it out and back in again to reset the CMOS.

On second though, I'm not sure checking if the CMOS battery is dead makes any sense, as these should be able to last about a decade or two. But it doesn't hurt to try.

20 hours ago, Megah3rtz said:

ran MemTest86+ for 10+hours no errors 

b42Ygm4.jpg

so i dont think RAM is the problem right?

15 hours ago, bosshog said:

is the ram ecc?

no the ram is not ecc but that should not matter. it passes 10h memtest

17 hours ago, Tosa said:

On second though, I'm not sure checking if the CMOS battery is dead makes any sense, as these should be able to last about a decade or two. But it doesn't hurt to try.

thanks for advice! i will try it tomorrow ;)

i just restared my pc and got this message and i remember that i have been getting this message a lot like 60% of the time when shutting down pc.

qRy7kC2.jpgdoes that mean that RAM is broken? i mean, im confused, it passes memtest with no errors but then i get this message 

Have you tried something like crystaldisk to check the hdd and/or ssd?  I recently replaced the hdd in my mother's old computer with ssd, the hdd had a massive number of errors recorded in the s.m.a.r.t. info, and was dragging the entire system down, random browser crashes, reboots, blue screens.  All good after replacing the drive.