Connect routers together

TeamLTG

Hello,

I have a setup where I have 4 routers but they have a conflict somewhere and sometimes get stuck and I have to restart them. The scheme is attached. 

R3 has ddwrt

R1,2,4 have tplink software

How can I fix the conflict?

Thanks

DSC_0216.JPG

In what kind of setup are the routers? Do you want them to transmit the same SSID on the same subnet, or are they each creating their own subnet with their own WiFi network?

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

2 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

In what kind of setup are the routers? Do you want them to transmit the same SSID on the same subnet, or are they each creating their own subnet with their own WiFi network?

Their own ssid

Just now, TeamLTG said:

Their own ssid

Well, in that case, just make sure the configuration is correct ... Each router needs to be on its own subnet (for example, if you're using a Class C network, it's 192.168.1.1 for R1, R2 would be 192.168.2.1 etc...), and that all of their networks work on different channels and their SSID's and passwords are different. 

If that doesn't work, try doing a 30/30/30 reset and reflash all of them.

3 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

Well, in that case, just make sure the configuration is correct ... Each router needs to be on its own subnet (for example, if you're using a Class C network, it's 192.168.1.1 for R1, R2 would be 192.168.2.1 etc...), and that all of their networks work on different channels and their SSID's and passwords are different. 

If that doesn't work, try doing a 30/30/30 reset and reflash all of them.

I do get the subnet part I just don't know how to do it.

4 minutes ago, TeamLTG said:

I do get the subnet part I just don't know how to do it.

You need to go into the configuration of each of the routers, and set the following settings (this is, if you're using the class C network i.e. 192.168.x.y):

R1: Set the router IP address to 192.168.0.1, subnet to 255.255.255.0, connect a cable from your MODEM to the WAN port

R2: Set the router IP address to 192.168.1.1, subnet to 255.255.255.0, connect a cable from the R2 router's 4 ports (i.e. LAN 1, 2, 3, 4) to the R2's WAN port

R3: Set the router IP address to 192.168.2.1, subnet to 255.255.255.0, connect a cable from the R1 router's 4 ports (i.e. LAN 1,2,3,4) to the R3's WAN port

R4: Set the router IP address to 192.168.3.1, subnet to 255.255.255.0, connect a cable from R1 router's 4 ports to the R4's WAN port

For the DNS servers, you can use Google's public DNS servers:

Server 1: 8.8.8.8

Server 2: 8.8.4.4

And as before, make sure each of the routers is on it's own WiFi channel and has it's own SSID and password

25 minutes ago, Mornincupofhate said:

Why would you need 4 routers? You realize switches exist right?

Considering the fact that each of his routers work on it's own SSID and subnet for a reason, i don't think a lack of ports is the issue right here

13 hours ago, Thunderzzu said:

You need to go into the configuration of each of the routers, and set the following settings (this is, if you're using the class C network i.e. 192.168.x.y):

R1: Set the router IP address to 192.168.0.1, subnet to 255.255.255.0, connect a cable from your MODEM to the WAN port

R2: Set the router IP address to 192.168.1.1, subnet to 255.255.255.0, connect a cable from the R2 router's 4 ports (i.e. LAN 1, 2, 3, 4) to the R2's WAN port

R3: Set the router IP address to 192.168.2.1, subnet to 255.255.255.0, connect a cable from the R1 router's 4 ports (i.e. LAN 1,2,3,4) to the R3's WAN port

R4: Set the router IP address to 192.168.3.1, subnet to 255.255.255.0, connect a cable from R1 router's 4 ports to the R4's WAN port

For the DNS servers, you can use Google's public DNS servers:

Server 1: 8.8.8.8

Server 2: 8.8.4.4

And as before, make sure each of the routers is on it's own WiFi channel and has it's own SSID and password

I am currently working to do that but should I change the lan ip or Wan ip

The above settings are for your LAN IP. The WAN IP should be an IP outside the routers DHCP range that it's connected to