How to 3d print at high res

Specter FXXK

So i plan to get a 3D Printer with my new desktop parts on the way And I need high res for a decent price or so if not what upgrades are needed for a high res 3D Print?

FDM I'd probably go with creatility cr-10, sla I tihnk it's the wanhao i7 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

What does "high res" mean to you? There are printers that can print with layers that are just a handful of microns tall, but I'm sure they cost more than your new build. Your average "high quality/resolution" print is at 0.1mm layers or 100 microns. Most desktop FDM printers can do that, but to go lower than .06mm, you need to go with a laser resin machine like the Form 2.

ASU

27 minutes ago, werto165 said:

FDM or SLA ? 

what is the difference?

Also this is something Im getting really soon so before I actually order my desktop parts 

1 hour ago, werto165 said:

FDM I'd probably go with creatility cr-10, sla I tihnk it's the wanhao i7 

CR-10 has really good reviews So I will get that one if that is the best for budget or so

6 hours ago, Specter FXXK said:

what is the difference?

one is fused deposition modelling, basically layering plastic that comes from a spool which is then fed through a nozzle. Typically best resolution is 0.1mm. Whereas SLA is basically a laser that cures some resin, there's a bit more work needed on these parts you can get much finer details but it really depends on what you want to print. what are you intending on making? 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Just now, werto165 said:

one is fused deposition modelling, basically layering plastic that comes from a spool which is then fed through a nozzle. Typically best resolution is 0.1mm. Whereas SLA is basically a laser that cures some resin, there's a bit more work needed on these parts you can get much finer details but it really depends on what you want to print. what are you intending on making? 

a wide range of stuff but those SLA printers are out of my budget range so a decent 200-400 one would be fine.

12 minutes ago, Specter FXXK said:

a wide range of stuff but those SLA printers are out of my budget range so a decent 200-400 one would be fine.

I have the anet a8, it's a great printer but I woudln't recommend it with the creality around now. very easy to assemble too basically 2 t braces to hold aluminium extrusion have it up and running in like 30 mins proabably. 

13 minutes ago, Specter FXXK said:

I'd also join the 3d printing group on facebook tons of helpful people if you get stuck with anything. I could also help you if you have any problems down the line. 

1 hour ago, werto165 said:

I'd also join the 3d printing group on facebook tons of helpful people if you get stuck with anything. I could also help you if you have any problems down the line. 

Okay

16 hours ago, werto165 said:

also why wouldn't you recommend creality printer? I seen and heard a lot of good reviews.

20 hours ago, Specter FXXK said:

also why wouldn't you recommend creality printer? I seen and heard a lot of good reviews.

yeah I would sorry it took so long to reply been busy. 

On 6/26/2017 at 6:35 PM, werto165 said:

yeah I would sorry it took so long to reply been busy. 

kk take your time.

7 hours ago, Specter FXXK said:

kk take your time.

Oh I misread it, I would recommend the creality haha. 

" have the anet a8, it's a great printer but I woudln't recommend it with the creality around now" it being the a8 I would recommend the creality, sorry for the confusion. 

10 hours ago, werto165 said:

Oh I misread it, I would recommend the creality haha. 

" have the anet a8, it's a great printer but I woudln't recommend it with the creality around now" it being the a8 I would recommend the creality, sorry for the confusion. 

okay will buy it then ill let you know when I have it at hands and so on.

1 hour ago, Specter FXXK said:

okay will buy it then ill let you know when I have it at hands and so on.

If you're new to 3d printing I'd recommend checking out angus' videos on 3d printing 101. Most problems come from the bed not being level in my experience. Also I would keep on eye out on simplify 3d as they're meant to be having an update soon, it's been a good year and a half so it'll probably be quite a good update. 

51 minutes ago, werto165 said:

If you're new to 3d printing I'd recommend checking out angus' videos on 3d printing 101. Most problems come from the bed not being level in my experience. Also I would keep on eye out on simplify 3d as they're meant to be having an update soon, it's been a good year and a half so it'll probably be quite a good update. 

okay

Preface: I have experience with the Turnigy Fabrikator Mini v1.5 and the Monoprice Maker Select V2 (aka Wanhao duplciator i3). I see Monoprice is offering the Maker Select Mini V2 for $200, which is a fantastic value if its build volume still suits your needs. 

For FDM printers, resolution is a combination of layer height and your nozzle diameter. I've swapped to a 0.3mm microswiss nozzle on my Maker Select V2, which when coupled with a 0.1mm layer hieght produces very sharp prints. Also worth noting to printly slowly if you're going for high quality prints.. the inertia of the extruder/bed swinging around is enough to cause a wave/echo like pattern in prints. If you see this, you're likely printing too quickly. 

My only complaint with the MP Maker Select V2 is that it doesn't have an auto-leveling bed, which is perhaps the most important and frustrating part about getting a good first layer and therefore a successful print. Especially frustrating for newbies until dialed in propery.