pc build for a friend

Tauwer

Go with Ryzen instead.  The Ryzen 5 1500X is currently the same price as the Core i5 6400, and you get 4 more threads, unlocked CPU, and a decent enough stock cooler for a modest overclock.

(It's the same price at SuperBiiz)

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

2 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Go with Ryzen instead.  The Ryzen 5 1500X is currently the same price as the Core i5 6400, and you get 4 more threads, unlocked CPU, and a decent enough stock cooler for a modest overclock.

(It's the same price at SuperBiiz)

in the netherlands (where i live aswell as my friend ) the 6400 is 150 and the 1500x is 187 he`s allready going 50 over budget

1 minute ago, Tauwer said:

in the netherlands (where i live aswell as my friend ) the 6400 is 150 and the 1500x is 187 he`s allready going 50 over budget

What about the Ryzen 5 1400 then?  It's still unlocked and 4 more threads.  I just don't know if the Wraith Stealth is good enough for a modest overclock.

If the 1400 isn't accessible either, the 6400 is a decent CPU.

Just now, kaiju_wars said:

What about the Ryzen 5 1400 then?  It's still unlocked and 4 more threads.  I just don't know if the Wraith Stealth is good enough for a modest overclock.

If the 1400 isn't accessible either, the 6400 is a decent CPU.

my friend is going for gaming perfomance and i think the 6400 performs better than the 1400 ? right>?

1 minute ago, Tauwer said:

my friend is going for gaming perfomance and i think the 6400 performs better than the 1400 ? right>?

This will tell more.  Granted it's vs the 7400, but it should give you an idea.

Just now, kaiju_wars said:

This will tell more.  Granted it's vs the 7400, but it should give you an idea.

ty

I haven't checked out the be quiet System Power 8 but I would be interested in the quality of this PSU. @STRMfrmXMN

-+-+- This is a reminder to clean the dust filters of your PC! -+-+-

Main PC:

Ryzen 5 1600 3.8GHz - RX 570 4GB - 2x8GB DDR4 - ASUS Prime X370-Pro - Shadow Rock 2 - Define S - Seasonic Prime Gold 650W

500GB NVME SSD - 1TB SATA SSD - 1TB HDD - Windows 10 Pro

Dorm PC:

i5 4590 - GTX 960 4GB - 2x4GB DDR3 - ASUS H81M2 - Dark Rock 3 - Define R3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Seasonic S12 430W - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

NAS:

Pentium G4400 - 4GB DDR4 - Fujitsu Esprimo P556 - 250GB SATA SSD - 2 x 4TB NAS HDD - 12V PSU - OpenMediaVault

Laptop:

Dell Latitude E6520 - i5 2430M - 2x4GB DDR3 - 250GB SATA SSD - Windows 10 Pro - Linux Mint

55 minutes ago, Tauwer said:

the mobo supports dual channel memory. I would get 2x8gb sticks instead. it's not super critical right now because he can always buy another stick later, but it would hurt the performance without running ram in dual channel mode and only having 8gb to begin with. 

edit: for example I play mass effect andromeda and my system easily uses 12gb.

54 minutes ago, GrayTech said:

I haven't checked out the be quiet System Power 8 but I would be interested in the quality of this PSU. @STRMfrmXMN

It's alright. I'd probably buy a CX550M before I bought one of those due to price but yeah, it's not awful.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||