Help with OWNcloud

I'm currently working on setting up my personal cloud.
I intend on using OWNCloud installed on LinuxServer.

However, I'm new to this and keep encountering issues. 
If anyone has any experience setting up OwnCloud, any help would be appreciated.

I want to be able to transfer and access files on the server, via any computer on my network. OwnCLOUD requires a login, so if there's any way I can assign individual logins to different users (Active Directory?), that would be great. 

If it's just files you will be doing, than you should take a look at seafile. It's easy to setup, it works better than OwnCloud (or NextCloud) and after setup, you will have an admin account from which you can add users/groups, storage quota's per user, and many more functions.

You will also have dropbox-like clients for Linux, Windows, Mac, Android and iOS

Take a look at the manual, it will give you an idea about all the features

Edited by 101dmrs
Added link to manual

Be safe, don't drink and sudo

Laptop: ASUS K541UA (i5-6198DU, 8GB RAM, 250GB 850 EVO) OS: Debian Buster (KDE)

Desktop: i7-7700, ASUS Strix H270F, 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD from laptop, some HDD's, iGPU, some NIC's, OS: Debian Buster (KDE)

2 hours ago, 101dmrs said:

If it's just files you will be doing, than you should take a look at seafile. It's easy to setup, it works better than OwnCloud (or NextCloud) and after setup, you will have an admin account from which you can add users/groups, storage quota's per user, and many more functions.

You will also have dropbox-like clients for Linux, Windows, Mac, Android and iOS

Take a look at the manual, it will give you an idea about all the features

Thanks, I'll for sure check that out. OwnCloud has been difficult.