Crash to random colour whilst gaming.

Firstly I don't know which piece of hardware or software is causing this problem so I'm giving the full story so hopefully somebody can tell me what's going on. A while back I upgraded my PC. I put in a new processor i5 2500k, motherboard ASUS B75M-A and PSU ACE 750 W. Randomly when gaming my PC would reboot and say that ASUS Anti Surge had been triggered. This persisted for a while and I did some research to find that Anti Surge has been widely regarded as a faulty feature that was useless and so turned it off. This fixed the issue for a while and I played my games normally for a few weeks without issues. I began to get new crashes where the screen would turn a random colour and I would have to hard reset the PC. These crashes became more frequent and fixes that worked temporarily no longer do work. I have tried:

Lowering clocks on GPU

Increasing fan speed on GPU

Updating GPU drivers

Increasing GPU voltage

Restoring default BIOS

I think it is a hardware problem but I'm not sure which part though I assume it is one of the new components

Specs:

ASUS B75M-A

Intel i5 2500K

GTX 970

ACE 750W

I believe you have a faulty power supply. its there to protect system from unstable power supply so you need to buy a new PSU and i recommended dont try to boot up with that PSU it could damage other components 

4 hours ago, tomtor900 said:

Firstly I don't know which piece of hardware or software is causing this problem so I'm giving the full story so hopefully somebody can tell me what's going on. A while back I upgraded my PC. I put in a new processor i5 2500k, motherboard ASUS B75M-A and PSU ACE 750 W. Randomly when gaming my PC would reboot and say that ASUS Anti Surge had been triggered. This persisted for a while and I did some research to find that Anti Surge has been widely regarded as a faulty feature that was useless and so turned it off. This fixed the issue for a while and I played my games normally for a few weeks without issues. I began to get new crashes where the screen would turn a random colour and I would have to hard reset the PC. These crashes became more frequent and fixes that worked temporarily no longer do work. I have tried:

Lowering clocks on GPU

Increasing fan speed on GPU

Updating GPU drivers

Increasing GPU voltage

Restoring default BIOS

I think it is a hardware problem but I'm not sure which part though I assume it is one of the new components

Specs:

ASUS B75M-A

Intel i5 2500K

GTX 970

ACE 750W

Well your PSU sucks so there is that.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||