Camaro ss for a teen

Go to solution Solved by Aytex,
18 minutes ago, Statik said:

OP I also want to ask, in what place does a 15 year old legally drive at 15? I'm under the impression it's 16 in the majority of the world. And what do you do that allows you to drive a 800hp car for at 2 hours a day? 

I mean, why do celebs buy Lamborghini to go like 1 mile. same reason usually, "I have a cool car"

I think some people here are in denial that this dude has rich parents that can provide this type of stuff for their children.

I mean if I was in your same situation I would say hell yea. 

And yeah there are better ways to invest your money if you were able to use the money your parents were using.

2 minutes ago, Endrivia said:

Have you ever driven a fast car?

A few: 2016 Cayman S, 2012 S4, 2017 Mustang GT, and a 2014 335 Xi...so yes. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

7 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I live in America, and I still don't understand why people want muscle cars (other than preconceived notions or not shopping around). 

People get the cars for the "name" or "brand". They may have been great cars at one point, but today's market, in my opinion, focuses on high numbers for HP and MP torque rather than handling characteristics. Most people these days don't even take cars for test drives according to a friend that works at Cox Chevrolet. They just roll of the lot with a Corvette (which I would get if it weren't so tiny inside) without giving a look at other cars like some Mazda's that have better handling and comfort. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

People get the cars for the "name" or "brand". They may have been great cars at one point, but today's market, in my opinion, focuses on high numbers for HP and MP torque rather than handling characteristics. Most people these days don't even take cars for test drives according to a friend that works at Cox Chevrolet. They just roll of the lot with a Corvette (which I would get if it weren't so tiny inside) without giving a look at other cars like some Mazda's that have better handling and comfort. 

Its quite comfortable in a corvette if you have ever drove one or sat in one, but if everyone did what you just said there wouldnt be a point to make cars like the corvette

My advice is to wait until you're 18, 19.  Because at this point you should be focusing on learning as much as you can about driving and just becoming a good driver.  Take a cheap car and do what you want, drive, drift whatever.  And then when you are 18, 19 and have all your own legal responsibilities go and buy a Camaro and have fun. 

My personal advice.  Although I'm no pro in the topic of automotives.  

Its quite comfortable in a corvette if you have ever drove one or sat in one, but if everyone did what you just said there wouldnt be a point to make cars like the corvette

Don't get me wrong, but it is comfortable. I'm just not a big fan of how low it feels in regards to the roof as I practically touch the roof when standing straight up. I'd rather a 2005 BMW M3 or 2002 Celica convertibles since they pack a punch and handle amazingly.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

8 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

... focuses on high numbers for HP and MP torque... 

What you did there, I see it. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

8 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I live in America, and I still don't understand why people want muscle cars (other than preconceived notions or not shopping around). They're not agile in the slightest, they're not luxurious, they're not particularly cheap, they're RWD, and they don't accelerate well. I'd take a $35k A4 over a $33k Mustang GT any day -- and wouldn't regret it for a second. It handles significantly better, it has a much nicer interior, it has an amazing AWD system, and it feels faster. 

So so agree with you. I also love my Audi's and even their 1.4TSI motor is a gem in the new A4. 

17 minutes ago, Endrivia said:

If you dont mind me asking what makes you think im going to die?

all of your posts come across very arrogant, just cause daddy put you on his lap and you have done a few laps of the track does not by any means make you able to daily a 500bhp rwd car. That fact alone at you seem to think you have driven a 800bhp car (Which is america 800Bhp so damn near useless) makes you able to handle 500bhp on a daily. 

You talk about respecting the cars capabilities and are quick to jump at people for mis interpreting your own posts, makes me just see the kind of driver you are. We get you at track days while we trying to setup the car. you guys think cause your car has huge power numbers that's what impresses us, Like oh look he's handling 800bhp around the track, what a legend doing 2:20's when our mates in a 1.6 Fiesta are running 2:10's (True Story, I got a video of me in a 150Bhp Fiesta sticking on a 700Bhp Supra Cause he couldn't drive in the corners, but huge loud mouth in the pits) 

If you want your Youtube videos go watch all the america muscle cars wiping out of public roads cause he decides to pull away fast smoking the rear (Something you don't do on the track so you don't know how to handle it as you prob have also never had a 150Kmph slide out) Accept the fact that you are actually a massive noob driver and be humble about it. If you think for a second that you

are a great enough driver to handle 500bhp when much much better men than you who race career Touring cars spend everyday not just up to 2 hours a day mastering the THEORY and understanding Handling dynamics not just planting the loud pedal and thinking they are the next Laude.

3 minutes ago, Endrivia said:

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

2 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

What you did there, I see it. 

I did nothing of the sort. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

As a first car HELL NO. you dont have the experience needed and would no doubt be a danger to yourself and others with a car like that at your age. The ones who always crash are the ones the think thy can handle it. Just like someone who just got their motorcycle license buying a liter bike. BAD IDEA.  Get a cheap car that you wont cry about if it gets crashed, and then focus one the nice car later.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

1 minute ago, bob345 said:

As a first car HELL NO. you dont have the experience needed and would no doubt be a danger to yourself and others with a car like that at your age. The ones who always crash are the ones the think thy can handle it. Just like someone who just got their motorcycle license buying a liter bike. BAD IDEA.  Get a cheap car that you wont cry about if it gets crashed, and then focus one the nice car later.

so so true. My first road card was a slow as hell subaru Station wagon, And I Loved it, loaded up all my mates for festivals and LAN's. got rear ended in a parking lot, Meh. had a trolly lam into the side door. and took it to the park and did some handbrake turns at like 10km/h laughing my head off. Bettsy the Beast was such a great car. Best first car

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

4 minutes ago, bob345 said:

A cheap car that needs work is even better. Eg: My car needed the head gasket replaced, which is a pain on the EJ251 motor. Learned a lot though! Now it's on to the emissions system and traction control. Kinda need those. 

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

2 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

So so agree with you. I also love my Audi's and even their 1.4TSI motor is a gem in the new A4. 

all of your posts come across very arrogant, just cause daddy put you on his lap and you have done a few laps of the track does not by any means make you able to daily a 500bhp rwd car. That fact alone at you seem to think you have driven a 800bhp car (Which is america 800Bhp so damn near useless) makes you able to handle 500bhp on a daily. 

You talk about respecting the cars capabilities and are quick to jump at people for mis interpreting your own posts, makes me just see the kind of driver you are. We get you at track days while we trying to setup the car. you guys think cause your car has huge power numbers that's what impresses us, Like oh look he's handling 800bhp around the track, what a legend doing 2:20's when our mates in a 1.6 Fiesta are running 2:10's (True Story, I got a video of me in a 150Bhp Fiesta sticking on a 700Bhp Supra Cause he couldn't drive in the corners, but huge loud mouth in the pits) 

If you want your Youtube videos go watch all the america muscle cars wiping out of public roads cause he decides to pull away fast smoking the rear (Something you don't do on the track so you don't know how to handle it as you prob have also never had a 150Kmph slide out) Accept the fact that you are actually a massive noob driver and be humble about it. If you think for a second that you

are a great enough driver to handle 500bhp when much much better men than you who race career Touring cars spend everyday not just up to 2 hours a day mastering the THEORY and understanding Handling dynamics not just planting the loud pedal and thinking they are the next Laude.

I don't think i have driven a 800hp i know i have driven a 800hp car (How you going to tell me what i have and havent driven?) And yes of course you are going to beat a supra with 700hp probably because it wasnt made for the track and how much horse power you have means nothing in the corners but you are so ignorant into thinking im going to be doing all this dumb shit while in a fast car (thinking im like every other teen in the world) And the fact you keep saying 500hp is really killing me when its actually 450hp when there is quite a difference in 50hp. And im not planing on daily driving it in the first place. Also i already have a cheap slow starter car i drive every day to work so i wont have to drive one of my parents expensive cars or my brothers car (just in case i mess up)

14 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

$20 says the OP is 16 and their parents won't let them have a Camaro.

Op, T or F?

12 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

I would say let OP dig his own grave, but considering other people have to drive with him...

On the roads I drive, it's the terrible drivers that go fast on straights, then drop down to maddeningly low speeds to take a curve. It isn't uncommon that some hot-rodder guns the gas on the bottom of the pass (with people walking around no less), then end up with me borderline tailgating said driver a minute later because he can't turn worth a damn. To add some insult, said hot-rodder can't even stay in his own lane, crossing over across the double lines or the bike lane because he doesn't know how to control his car.

20 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I did nothing of the sort. 

Lies, all cars have MP. It just takes a potion known as gasoline to replenish it.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

5 minutes ago, Lethalmonk said:

Op, T or F?

F

48 minutes ago, Endrivia said:

Have you ever driven a fast car?

True Story. My car might top out at 88 MPH. LOL So I can go back to the future. 

Only advice I can give, drive like a god damned human being. Dont be like one of those pricks I have to drive next to here in Michigan. Too many people here think the Interstate is Michigan International Speedway. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

1 minute ago, Endrivia said:

I don't think i have driven a 800hp i know i have driven a 800hp car (How you going to tell me what i have and havent driven?) And yes of course you are going to beat a supra with 700hp probably because it wasnt made for the track and how much horse power you have means nothing in the corners but you are so ignorant into thinking im going to be doing all this dumb shit while in a fast car (thinking im like every other teen in the world) And the fact you keep saying 500hp is really killing me when its actually 450hp when there is quite a difference in 50hp. And im not planing on daily driving it in the first place. Also i already have a cheap slow starter car i drive every day to work so i wont have to drive one of my parents expensive cars or my brothers car (just in case i mess up)

Ok kiddo, Your story just keeps changing. You have fun in you 100/200/300/400/450/500/800bhp whatever power you're feeling in your next post. What do we all know. its not like we were teenagers or anything. No wait I got it.. You're somehow different right ? your are unique ? special ? your circumstances make you a teenager like the world have never seen. 

Redstone:

Obsidian:

3 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Ok kiddo, Your story just keeps changing. You have fun in you 100/200/300/400/450/500/800bhp whatever power you're feeling in your next post. What do we all know. its not like we were teenagers or anything. No wait I got it.. You're somehow different right ? your are unique ? special ? your circumstances make you a teenager like the world have never seen. 

When did i ever change anything... it was never a story... and do you really think every teen is the same?

Just to put this out there you seem mad

21 hours ago, Endrivia said:

Do you think a 2016/2017 camaro ss is too much for a 16 year old to handle?

Bad idea, not enough driving experience at 16, and a 16 year old is also much more likely to do something stupid in it and end up getting in trouble, killing someone, or even killing themselves as a result than someone even a few years older.

Not to mention the insurance for that would be crazy high.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

10 hours ago, Endrivia said:

No...15 and they are getting me one. i just wanted to hear what others think

I know it sounds like the greatest thing right now, but trust me, work your way up to something fast. If you go and start with one of the best "affordable" sports cars there isn't going to be much that is worth upgrading to when you inevitably need to buy a new car. Start with something slow, yet sporty. Maybe a Focus ST or Golf GTI. I guarantee you will still have tons of fun in those and if you do wreck it you will not feel nearly as bad as if you wrecked a $50k Camaro. Then, when you have a job and are making good money buy the fast car you want. By that point you'll have plenty of driving experience and you will have "earned" the car you want. It's a much better feeling.

If I had something as fast as a Camaro SS when I was your age I would have wrecked it, as most teens that get something like that do. Hence why insurance for cars like that for people your age is through the roof.

If you need a V8, and that's totally understandable, get something older that you wont feel bad crashing. Maybe a last gen Camaro SS as they can be had for like $20k. But again, odds are you will wreck it.

PS. I get it, you like cars and all everyone shows off is their fancy new expensive cars so the only way to have fun must be to own one. But this is definitely not the case. Having something sporty-ish and cheap can be a lot more fun than even the best cars out there.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

5 minutes ago, Masada02 said:

I know it sounds like the greatest thing right now, but trust me, work your way up to something fast. If you go and start with one of the best "affordable" sports cars there isn't going to be much that is worth upgrading to when you inevitably need to buy a new car. Start with something slow, yet sporty. Maybe a Focus ST or Golf GTI. I guarantee you will still have tons of fun in those and if you do wreck it you will not feel nearly as bad as if you wrecked a $50k Camaro. Then, when you have a job and are making good money buy the fast car you want. By that point you'll have plenty of driving experience and you will have "earned" the car you want. It's a much better feeling.

If I had something as fast as a Camaro SS when I was your age I would have wrecked it, as most teens that get something like that do. Hence why insurance for cars like that for people your age is through the roof.

If you need a V8, and that's totally understandable, get something older that you wont feel bad crashing. Maybe a last gen Camaro SS as they can be had for like $20k. But again, odds are you will wreck it.

PS. I get it, you like cars and all everyone shows off is their fancy new expensive cars so the only way to have fun must be to own one. But this is definitely not the case. Having something sporty-ish and cheap can be a lot more fun than even the best cars out there.

I have a 2004 bmw 530i as a starter car until i do turn 16

I have a 2004 bmw 530i as a starter car until i do turn 16

A "starter car" generally lasts until you are done with high school and in college. I'd just keep the BMW really. It's not like you have a license yet so your experience level is still very low. If you absolutely need something new, go look at some hot hatch with a manual. Like I said before, Focus/Fiesta ST or Golf GTI. Those would be a ton of fun and the manual will make all the difference.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

1 minute ago, Masada02 said:

A "starter car" generally lasts until you are done with high school and in college. I'd just keep the BMW really. It's not like you have a license yet so your experience level is still very low. If you absolutely need something new, go look at some hot hatch with a manual. Like I said before, Focus/Fiesta ST or Golf GTI. Those would be a ton of fun and the manual will make all the difference.

I prefer auto

1 minute ago, Endrivia said:

I prefer auto

aaaahhhhhh now it all makes sense. 

Redstone:

Obsidian: