Camaro ss for a teen

Go to solution Solved by Aytex,
18 minutes ago, Statik said:

OP I also want to ask, in what place does a 15 year old legally drive at 15? I'm under the impression it's 16 in the majority of the world. And what do you do that allows you to drive a 800hp car for at 2 hours a day? 

I mean, why do celebs buy Lamborghini to go like 1 mile. same reason usually, "I have a cool car"

I think some people here are in denial that this dude has rich parents that can provide this type of stuff for their children.

I mean if I was in your same situation I would say hell yea. 

And yeah there are better ways to invest your money if you were able to use the money your parents were using.

Just now, Statik said:

I asked where, because I don't know of anywhere that lets 15 year olds drive. Where are you from? And what do you do to drive 2 hours a day? That's a lot of driving for anyone nevermind a kid. And in what fucking world is a G8 800hp? I find that extremely unbelievable. What does he have in it? 

You clearly came here for everyones support for you to get a 500hp sports car. If you're gonna get one, then go for it. Not our problem. But when live kicks you in the ass one day and you realize how much its gonna cost to financially support a car like that, you're gonna be in for a treat.

You clearly weren't gonna get support as a kid getting a fucking Camaro.

In Michigan we can get our permits at 15 and drive under supervision. Also, apparently Lingenfelter can do upgrades on a G8 over 800hp.

If his parents trust him enough or they're just incredibly not-smart then it's viable that he could be getting a Camaro.

4 minutes ago, Statik said:

I asked where, because I don't know of anywhere that lets 15 year olds drive. Where are you from? And what do you do to drive 2 hours a day? That's a lot of driving for anyone nevermind a kid. And in what fucking world is a G8 800hp? I find that extremely unbelievable. What does he have in it? 

You clearly came here for everyones support for you to get a 500hp sports car. If you're gonna get one, then go for it. Not our problem. But when live kicks you in the ass one day and you realize how much its gonna cost to financially support a car like that, you're gonna be in for a treat.

You clearly weren't gonna get support as a kid getting a fucking Camaro.

You can find tons of vids online of G8's with 800+ hp and its not like we are getting it from the dealership where we are going to be paying a car note

I see no need in buying anything new or newer past about 1999.

I would actually buy my son an older truck, say a 1969 rusted out P.O.S. and we can learn together how to do body work (well I'd buy the panels after market) but I'd teach him how to weld, and build a motor.

4 hours ago, AustinJ said:

power... rwd... oversteer... ditch...

I am sure that is how that is going to go.

Just remember, never touch the brakes in a turn and everything will work out a-okay. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

2 hours ago, Endrivia said:

I have already done it

Alright. Then let me ask you this.

Why even ask this question to begin with if you're still going to go through with it, and ignore all of us regardless of what we say?

I/We can't help you, since you're not letting us. So I'm just going to end it there.

Just be careful out there. I know for sure that I will be.

Wow! That is one ugly-a$$ car! I wouldn't drive that thing just because of that.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Wow! That is one ugly-a$$ car! I wouldn't drive that thing just because of that.

I've sat in a newer Camaro as well. Feels like the thing could use a periscope to see out of.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, ARikozuM said:

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I've sat in a newer Camaro as well. Feels like the thing could use a periscope to see out of.

I haven't driven the Camaro, so I can't comment on it in particular, but I'm not a fan of American muscle from what I've experienced of it. Aside from the visibility, the performance is mediocre at best. I drove a 2017 Mustang GT, and I was really not impressed by it at all. On paper it does 0-60 in the low 4's, but it handles like a truck and feels slower than a 2012 A4 with a 0-60 time in the 6's. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Lol, as someone who started racing at 15 on circut cars in a 1800 and moved onto 2.0 than 2.0T endurance racing, I'm pretty confident in my driving. having said that and seeing the OP's post i only have 1 thing to say ..

RIP Endrivia - He lived Fast. Dumb and hopefully took no one with him in the 80mph Fireball

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

1 minute ago, Not_Sean said:

Lol, as someone who started racing at 15 on circut cars in a 1800 and moved onto 2.0 than 2.0T endurance racing, I'm pretty confident in my driving. having said that and seeing the OP's post i only have 1 thing to say ..

RIP Endrivia - He lived Fast. Dumb and hopefully took no one with him in the 80mph Fireball

I agree completely with the outcome. I also really envy you for being able to race cars that young. (Happy I won't be blowing the wheels off my car with 175hp and long gears though)

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

11 hours ago, Donut417 said:

Personally  Id start them out with a beater. Something that if it gets wreaked its not a big deal. At least until they learn to drive. 

So, a Camaro or anything else Chevy makes.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

So, a Camaro or anything else Chevy makes.

Just not a beater with 500 HP Or even 200

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

This is what's going to happen.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

2 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

This is what's going to happen.

Reminds me of my brothers driving. All be it he didn't actually damage anything.

9 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

Just not a beater with 500 HP Or even 200

My Dakota was fairly beefy.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

18 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

I agree completely with the outcome. I also really envy you for being able to race cars that young. (Happy I won't be blowing the wheels off my car with 175hp and long gears though)

Thanks man,  My dad was a Shell Alfa driver so he spent his life racing, and got me into it soon as he could. This was my first car. and it was a great place to learn, Cars must be stock (Except for Rollcage) and road legal, nothing above 2.0l so was really good close racing and I spent a year near the back learning.

Check out 4 Stroke karting in the states, we have a few series that are all about removing as many costs as possible and just having a great time racing. 

But yeah, Youngster+arrogant+Over confident+Over 120BHP= Dead.  

165195_10150121725208086_6183773_n.jpg

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

My Dakota was fairly beefy.

Which gen? I know the newest ones produced 210 hp, 235 lb-ft with the V6 and 230-260 hp on the V8, depending on the model I think.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

48 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I haven't driven the Camaro, so I can't comment on it in particular, but I'm not a fan of American muscle from what I've experienced of it. Aside from the visibility, the performance is mediocre at best. I drove a 2017 Mustang GT, and I was really not impressed by it at all. On paper it does 0-60 in the low 4's, but it handles like a truck and feels slower than a 2012 A4 with a 0-60 time in the 6's. 

America tends to have long stretches of highways with few sharp bends, so I can see why muscle cars became popular over something more nimble as was popular in Japan. I doubt most people that bought them were carving mountains, rather, speeding down the highway, or cruising through town. 

Honestly though, if a person wanted to get into trouble so badly, the cheap route would be to find an already beaten car, and take it to the nearest mountain pass. Would probably give most people enough of a fright to reconsider driving like a hooligan on city roads 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

7 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Thanks man,  My dad was a Shell Alfa driver so he spent his life racing, and got me into it soon as he could. This was my first car. and it was a great place to learn, Cars must be stock (Except for Rollcage) and road legal, nothing above 2.0l so was really good close racing and I spent a year near the back learning.

Check out 4 Stroke karting in the states, we have a few series that are all about removing as many costs as possible and just having a great time racing. 

But yeah, Youngster+arrogant+Over confident+Over 120BHP= Dead.  

165195_10150121725208086_6183773_n.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to join you at some point! Though my skills as a driver are poor at best. (Haven't hit anyone yet, but I've come close. Multiple way stops are still a little confusing to me) Never looked into kart racing, probably should though! The cheapest racing series I know of are Chump Car, 24 Hours of Lemons, and AER (Though you can spend as much as you want here) Hopefully I'll be able to fit this into my busy schedule (Should help with engineering though!)

Yep, I totally agree, as someone who fits into the young and stupid grouping. My shifting is pretty atrocious, to name one of probably a trillion fault with how I drive my car lol (Still need to get better at rev matching, I tend to rev it to 3000-3500 when I mean to go to 2100-2300)

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

1 minute ago, Zodiark1593 said:

America tends to have long stretches of highways with few sharp bends, so I can see why muscle cars became popular over something more nimble as was popular in Japan. I doubt most people that bought them were carving mountains, rather, speeding down the highway, or cruising through town. 

Honestly though, if a person wanted to get into trouble so badly, the cheap route would be to find an already beaten car, and take it to the nearest mountain pass. Would probably give most people enough of a fright to reconsider driving like a hooligan on city roads 

Don't forget bald tires.

BOINC Setup:
i5 7200U @ Stock

Core2Duo T6600 @ Stock

i3 2330M @ Stock

i5 3210M @ Stock

2 minutes ago, TheGhzGuy said:

(Still need to get better at rev matching, I tend to rev it to 3000-3500 when I mean to go to 2100-2300)

I mean it's mostly something you just get used to, but one thing I've always done when I'm not pinning it or downshifting while going fast (usually when I'm downshifting while in lower RPMs coming up to a stop), I find it helps if you just feather the peddle a few times, instead of one big rev. I find it's a lot more accurate and easier to control then trying to give it one good solid rev. Especially when the engine is running in like the 1-1.5k rpm area, you tend to need to give it a lot of throttle to bump up the RPMs.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

52 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

If you dont mind me asking what makes you think im going to die?

25 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

I live in America, and I still don't understand why people want muscle cars (other than preconceived notions or not shopping around). They're not agile in the slightest, they're not luxurious, they're not particularly cheap, they're RWD, and they don't accelerate well. I'd take a $35k A4 over a $33k Mustang GT any day -- and wouldn't regret it for a second. It handles significantly better, it has a much nicer interior, it has an amazing AWD system, and it feels faster. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, djdwosk97 said:

I live in America, and I still don't understand why people want muscle cars (other than preconceived notions or not shopping around). They're not agile in the slightest, they're not luxurious, they're not particularly cheap, they're RWD, and they don't accelerate well. I'd take a $35k A4 over a $37k Mustang GT any day -- and wouldn't regret it for a second. It handles significantly better, it's a much nicer interior, it's cheaper, it has an amazing AWD system, and it feels faster. 

Have you ever driven a fast car?

3 minutes ago, djdwosk97 said:

I live in America, and I still don't understand why people want muscle cars (other than preconceived notions or not shopping around). They're not agile in the slightest, they're not luxurious, they're not particularly cheap, they're RWD, and they don't accelerate well. I'd take a $35k A4 over a $33k Mustang GT any day -- and wouldn't regret it for a second. It handles significantly better, it's a much nicer interior, it has an amazing AWD system, and it feels faster. 

He explains it well.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580