Torn between two choices!

[Kickbak] Mr. Tuxedo

Hi all!

My two choices I have narrowed it down to is buying ONE Asus ROG Swift PG279Q (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017EVR2VM/?tag=pcpapi-20) or buying TWO Dell S2417DG (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IOO4SGK/?tag=pcpapi-20)

Within the next few weeks, I am building a brand new beast computer! I am a HUGE gamer but also work a lot and do quite a bit of multitasking. I am absolutely torn between my two options for monitors! I am really digging the Asus because of the quality, looks of it, and that it is indeed IPS. Keep in mind I will be gaming a lot, but I would also love to have a duel monitor setup. At the end of the day it will all come down to what I want and feel I could use more, but I just really wanted to see the out lying opinion on if you all were to choose between these two. I know the TN panel is faster, but the color isn't as superior. At the same time though, I would have two of them which would be awesome!(Rocking a system with a Ryzen 7 1700x and a 1080ti) On the other hand though, the IPS panel, though slower, would have much better quality and looks to it! My question is do you think that the response time would really be exceptionally noticeable, and that the colors would be super washed running the duel monitors?

Thanks and have a fantastic day!

In no universe should someone sacrifice a quality panel for the awful washed out abomination of TN. The response time is not worth it and the delay beyond 1ms and 6ms* is exaggerated. 

13 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

In no universe should someone sacrifice a quality panel for the awful washed out abomination of TN. The response time is not worth it and the delay beyond 1ms and 6ms* is exaggerated. 

Mostly this. 

TN is not that bad anymore, especially some of dells panels. IPS is nicer however. 

Response is no different. I've seen no difference between 5ms IPS and 1ms TN in real life. 

idk

If you push over 165hz int he games you want to play, then I would much prefer the higher refresh rate. Asus has some good quality panels in my own opinion and you can always get a second panel later on, if the same or not.

| i'm bad at games, but play them anyways |