Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carlos1010

Hybrid or SC Gaming?

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi all,

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Tv38TW/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-sc-gaming-acx-30-video-card-08g-p4-6173-kr

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/rQdFf7/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-ftw-hybrid-video-card-08g-p4-6278-kr 

Comparing these two GPU's which one would be the best? Why would I buy a hybrid GPU? I am only planning to do some overclocking but not alot. Is their any advantages/disadvantages of having a HYBRID GPU? Can you point me towards some videos that explain this? I am having some problems deciding between the two. Thanks in advanced!

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

Hybrid have much lower temps than regular air cards. Not sure if they run quieter but I believe they do

EVGA Hybrid is an amazing cooler, just go for the hybrid and @TheNaitsyrk is the guy with EVGA Hybrid

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

12 minutes ago, Carlos1010 said:

Hi all,

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Tv38TW/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-sc-gaming-acx-30-video-card-08g-p4-6173-kr

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/rQdFf7/evga-geforce-gtx-1070-8gb-ftw-hybrid-video-card-08g-p4-6278-kr 

Comparing these two GPU's which one would be the best? Why would I buy a hybrid GPU? I am only planning to do some overclocking but not alot. Is their any advantages/disadvantages of having a HYBRID GPU? Can you point me towards some videos that explain this? I am having some problems deciding between the two. Thanks in advanced!

If they are the same GPU, you can get more or less the same performance results. 

An Asus GTX 550ti has a higher stock clock but the reference design can achieve the same overclock as the Asus variant.

The FTW cards are the highest performing variant of the EVGA cards.

Posted · Original PosterOP
10 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

i installed the Hybrid cooler on my 1070 SC. pretty good, but i think the FTW version may have better overclock capabilities. 

8 minutes ago, H0R53 said:

If they are the same GPU, you can get more or less the same performance results. 

An Asus GTX 550ti has a higher stock clock but the reference design can achieve the same overclock as the Asus variant.

The FTW cards are the highest performing variant of the EVGA cards.

Is their any drawbacks of the HYBRID cooler? Like I am worried that the cooler might break or something. Should I get the FTW card? 

I'm part of the "Help a noob foundation" 

53 minutes ago, Carlos1010 said:

Is their any drawbacks of the HYBRID cooler? Like I am worried that the cooler might break or something. Should I get the FTW card? 

not at all. though the pump for my hybrid card has gotten louder, currently RMA-ing it 

2 hours ago, Carlos1010 said:

They are much more difficult to maintain and replace than standard air coolers.

I think that if you have the money you should get an air cooled 1070 FTW if you have the money to do so.

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

not at all. though the pump for my hybrid card has gotten louder, currently RMA-ing it 

Hybrid 1080TI SC2 is amazing. Got 2075 on the core, temps below 50 degrees. 12k on memory and I can probably go further!

9 sensors are useful. 

The only negative is the price.

Main PC:

CPU: Octodeca Core 10980XE @ 5.0Ghz 1.305V

OR

Octodeca Core 10980XE @ 4.9Ghz 1.23V

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/44422924

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark. 

RAM: Patriot Viper 4x8GB DDR4 4400Mhz C19 Kit (4000Mhz OC CL15 T1) or (3800Mhz CL12 with an overvolt)

GPU: RTX 3090 (Pending)

Case: My own case fabricated out of aluminium and stainless steel.

Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe (3500MB/S Read, 3300MB/S Write), 1x External 2TB Seagate Barracuda.

WiFi: AX200 WiFi 6 card module.

PSU: Corsair AX1600i with custom black and red cables.

Display: CRG9 Samsung Oddysey G9 120Hz Ver. 5120x1440.

Cooling: Two Custom Loops:

1st Loop: 3x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators + 1x 240mm XE CoolStream radiator with Revo D5 pump for CPU only cooling.

2nd Loop: 3x 480mm XE CoolStream radiators + 1x 240mm XE CoolStream radiator with Revo D5 pump for GPUs only cooling.

Total: 2x pumps and 8x radiators.

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX RGB.

Sound: Logitech Z680 5.1 THX Certified 505W Speakers.

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum.

Piano: Yamaha P155.

Phone: Razer Phone 2.

Camera: Logitech C922.