Confused on what kind of cooling I should go with

Hello all!

I am looking to make my first build later this year, and one of the last things I am going back and forth on is whether I should use Air cooling or Liquid cooling. My current build uses the Corsair H100i v2 with Corsair - Air Series AF120 Quiet Edition (2-Pack) 39.9 CFM 120mm Fans. When it is all said and done, this cooling setup with cost around $140-$150. A buddy of mine enjoys building computers, and suggested I get this combo to have the benefits of better overall cooling and quieter fans than the ones the v2 comes with. 

Over the last couple of years, it seems that air coolers and AIO coolers have gotten closer in overall cooling quality as well as volume. My question is this: Due to the quality of air coolers and AIO coolers getting closer and closer to one another, is there a better quality solution than the cooling solution I have posted above for my build with an AMD 1600 that will maintain similar to better cooling and similar to better dB rating? If so, what would you suggest?

I have a cube case, the Thermaltake v21, so the size of cooler can't be massive. Additionally, I would be overclocking.

well the titans of air cooling like noctuas d15 and the darkrock pro do definitely put up similar performance to AIO coolers, Thermaltakes site says support for up to 185mm cooler (which is more than almost all air coolers) Depends on color preference and personal taste. they give quite a few different options and links to cooler comparisons here, https://us.hardware.info/category/19/cpu-coolers/recommendation  

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W