gtx 1060, 1070, rx 580 prices?

F g

so i live in canada right, so these cards are still in stock , but have at least gone up by 50-80$. I wanted to build a decent rig for the summer but with these stupid prices on the rise i dont think i can

so should i either

1. Get an i7 7700k and play on integrated gpu

2. wait for vega releasing in july

3. get a gtx 1080 for another 150-300$

4. or just get a 1070

Anyone else mad with these stupid bitcoin miners?

3 minutes ago, F g said:

so i live in canada right, so these cards are still in stock , but have at least gone up by 50-80$. I wanted to build a decent rig for the summer but with these stupid prices on the rise i dont think i can

so should i either

1. Get an i7 7700k and play on integrated gpu

2. wait for vega releasing in july

3. get a gtx 1080 for another 150-300$

4. or just get a 1070

Anyone else mad with these stupid bitcoin miners?

Not BTC as much as its ETH

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

Not BTC as much as its ETH

basically same thing tho right?

1 minute ago, F g said:

ye

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

6 minutes ago, F g said:

If the euro and US dollar are also the same thing to you, than I guess..

If I were you, I would wait for Vega if you have the time or get a 1070 (if you can still)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

18 minutes ago, Minibois said:

If the euro and US dollar are also the same thing to you, than I guess..

If I were you, I would wait for Vega if you have the time or get a 1070 (if you can still)

i was planning on getting a 1070 strix and over a month the price on increased about 20cad, which about 15 usd. So either ill get that for around $580 CAD, or i can get the asus dual 1070 for about 537$, (price didn't change at all)

2 hours ago, F g said:

i was planning on getting a 1070 strix and over a month the price on increased about 20cad, which about 15 usd. So either ill get that for around $580 CAD, or i can get the asus dual 1070 for about 537$, (price didn't change at all)

not sure what memory they used in the strix, the memory in the dual card doesn't seem to like overclocking much if at all so fyi if that matters to you 

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

4 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

not sure what memory they used in the strix, the memory in the dual card doesn't seem to like overclocking much if at all so fyi if that matters to you 

i might just skip the ssd in my build for an old hard drive temporary, and get a 1080 instead for an additional 30%ish performance boost

3 hours ago, F g said:

i might just skip the ssd in my build for an old hard drive temporary, and get a 1080 instead for an additional 30%ish performance boost

Keep the SSD. Plenty of games (with the exception of the most demanding AAA titles) will run well enough on an iGPU with adjusted settings. Just find something interesting to keep you busy while waiting out the mining storm.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…