ROG X299 mobos release date?

Hello there, does anyone know when the high end ROG mobos for X299 are going to be available (Apex and Rampage VI)?

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

2 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

Just curious, why x299?

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

2 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

Hello there, does anyone know when the high end ROG mobos for X299 are going to be available (Apex and Rampage VI)?

If it's anything like previous releases like z270 and x99, it will be withing a couple of weeks for some and over a month for others.  

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

Just curious, why x299?

Because it's performing really well and I can afford to cool it.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K  MOBO: ROG MAXIMUS XII FORMULA GPU: 2080ti Hall of Fame 10th anniversary limited edition  PSU: Asus ROG THOR 1200W  COOLER: Optimus foundation black acetal RADS: 3x EKWB CoolStream PE 360  LOOP: EKWB torque HDC fittings / EKWB ZMT 15,9/9,5mm / EKWB CryoFuel Clear MONITOR: Acer predator X34

1 minute ago, TheRedViper said:

Okay. No idea on release dates, I just know value is much worse than X99 when it came out when mobos are factored in

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

3 minutes ago, TheRedViper said:

Sounds like you are going into it smartly man.  

I'm in the dilemma of which Asus x299 board to get at release.  I really want the Apex, with the Extreme being a close second, but it looks like I'll be going with the Deluxe due to availability at launch.  If anything, I'll sell it when the Apex or Extreme drop. 

2 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

Okay. No idea on release dates, I just know value is much worse than X99 when it came out when mobos are factored in

As far as I know, Threadripper is going to have the same issue regarding mobos pricing at launch.

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

Sounds like you are going into it smartly man.  

I'm in the dilemma of which Asus x299 board to get at release.  I really want the Apex, with the Extreme being a close second, but it looks like I'll be going with the Deluxe due to availability at launch.  If anything, I'll sell it when the Apex or Extreme drop. 

Yeah, Apex and Rampage are the only mobos I really look into right now especially due to 4 slot spacing availability between sli setups and overclocking potential, but I guess we wont seem them soon.

Just now, TheRedViper said:

Yeah, Apex and Rampage are the only mobos I really look into right now especially due to 4 slot spacing availability between sli setups and overclocking potential, but I guess we wont seem them soon.

CPU overclocking on any of the higher end Asus boards will be exactly the same.  The only difference in overclocking will be in memory overclocking with the Apex.  The 4 DIMM slot configuration instead of 8 allows for better memory trace routing for better memory performance.  Other than that, they will all OC the CPU exactly the same.  

As you've said, slot spacing is really nice on the Apex and Extreme.