1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah i will definatly be checking that when the time comes. thought that might become a problem but i think most cards around refrence size and a bit longer will be fine

The STRIX is 3.2 cm longer than the reference. thats like, a whole fan and a bit :P

Just now, For Science! said:

The STRIX is 3.2 cm longer than the reference. thats like, a whole fan and a bit :P

yah thats quite a bit lol. wont be getting a shot at the STRIX cards anyway unless i get that LAN PC money in soon if i even get it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

The PCB isn't that long tho -_- The cooler is longer than the PCB

tgfYghMngxt4ixFo_setting_000_1_90_end_50

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

7 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

The PCB isn't that long tho -_- The cooler is longer than the PCB

Good point, but still that overhang doesn't account for all of the 3.2 cm; I know from my build that with a reference length PCB + 25mm fan + 30 mm radiator, there is a grand total of ~1.6 cm of clearance left in the define C; So personally I wouldn't take the risk :P

minor update, the CPU loop is built, filled and running, but temps are kinda not what i expected with this much radiator space. im seeing 51C on all cores after just running Cinebench once or Unigine Superpossition... while playing Paladins though, its like 32C lol. i found that i had a large pocket of air in the loop and removed it but the temperatures didnt change a single degree -_- something is definatly up and il have to do more investigateion as soon as i get home today. also my 4.8GHz overclock wouldent boot at all, even at 1.3V, might have some setting diffrent though, just set multiplier and voltage so i probably missed some setting. 5GHz 1.3V gives me the exact same result though, freezes when loading windows and then crashes and dosent reboot. i have a bunch of pretty pictures il post when i make a proper update though

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

-snip-

Not too familiar with the 4790K, but I guess your voltage must be too low for stability?

Just now, For Science! said:

Not too familiar with the 4790K, but I guess your voltage must be too low for stability?

it ran 4.8GHz 1.275V when using the NH-D14 i had on it, only problem was heat so now i have watercooled it and overclocking at all seems to freeze it at the BIOS at the moment -_- HOW WILL I WIN THE BECHMARK SHOOTOUT IF I CANT OVERCLOCK??? :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

it ran 4.8GHz 1.275V when using the NH-D14 i had on it, only problem was heat so now i have watercooled it and overclocking at all seems to freeze it at the BIOS at the moment -_- HOW WILL I WIN THE BECHMARK SHOOTOUT IF I CANT OVERCLOCK??? :P 

Get a new board? Used Z97 boards shouldn't be very expensive....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Get a new board? Used Z97 boards shouldn't be very expensive....

yah, well im kinda not in a situation where i can do that right now, when the end of august comes around and i get paid for my hard work i have done this month i might. might be me forgetting how to tickle it the right way too but i cant remember doing anything diffrently. might try a BIOS update

Builds:

Spoiler

17 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Aha, izi pickings for me then :)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

EKWB support got back to me about the thermals and they thought it was on the high side aswell. No clue if they will send me a new block or something but i will check the thermal paste in just a bit and re-seat the CPU block. should have enough of the stuff they sent me to do that two or three times if needed. pump noise they blamed on me haveing set the fan header to PWM instead of DC but i havent found an option to change that in the BIOS soooo... anyway il post pictures when i report back on the thermals, IMO it looks awesome but thats probably just because its mine :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

UPDATE

Loop complete, here are some pictures! + more

So the loop has been complete for about 5 days at this point but i have been away for most of those for personal reasons so here are the first pictures of the loop!

Spoiler

IMG_20170727_195919.thumb.jpg.a3ac1f3823d5950551556d3c56ebc3c6.jpg

IMG_20170727_195925.thumb.jpg.d986b19f7e0add93eae1eb95fe0f71a2.jpg

IMG_20170727_200011.thumb.jpg.c80a9b1992dfa13f897c04cec98eb341.jpg

IMG_20170727_200018.thumb.jpg.5e24e4430430deb6224fd979f9bd1f28.jpg

IMG_20170801_154630.thumb.jpg.0e00ef7525abd2e60dc17ae6c3f9b615.jpg

IMG_20170801_154635.thumb.jpg.8d83742ebfef314bfd00ed083b8274a5.jpg

IMG_20170801_154705.thumb.jpg.267384be11a4d5700979abdb8cc8fcb6.jpg

IMO it looks great! The harddrive mount is not optimal seeing as its chokeing my 970 but it has really not moved the thermals of the card from what they used to be before i slapped the 4.5 slot Accellero TwinTurbo III on it. its also louder now, the GPU kicks of some sound but the PUMP. MY GOD THE PUMP. its super loud compared to what i am used to, its on par with the 10k rpm HDD in the LAN PC and thats REALLY bad. I expected a mild hum, but its like this:

on loop! its really bad :/ EK blames it on a BIOS setting i cant find but idk seeing as its exactly the same when i hook it up straight to Molex. Im also, as i have said a few times now, haveing thermal problems. The CPU is reahed 56C today but today was one of the hottest days of this year so far. Wasent thermal paste, checked that and it looks just fine:

Spoiler

IMG_20170801_213836.thumb.jpg.f5b8e0a1dfe9256566013161a46d71a3.jpgIMG_20170801_213839.thumb.jpg.17a74c7767e15756c07431bd8680fe38.jpg

managed to shake out some air from the CPU block though, like quite a segnificant amount so if the temps arent fine now il cry or something...

Anyway there is still lots to come from this project and i hope you are all looking forward too it(Also i reached out to Zotac for the lolz but i think i was ignored sadly).

Builds:

Spoiler

23 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

personal reasons so here are the first pictures of the loop!

Hide contents

Semi-passive radiator? :P

Your graphics card is probably dumping heat onto that radiator especially without a fan....Maybe you should consider either mounting the radiator or fans (in push) between the front panel and the outside of the chassis. At least that way you gain 25 mm of clearance.

Too bad about the loud pump, never used a DCP before so no comment. Hopefully its also some trapped air.

2 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Semi-passive radiator? :P

Your graphics card is probably dumping heat onto that radiator especially without a fan....Maybe you should consider either mounting the radiator or fans (in push) between the front panel and the outside of the chassis. At least that way you gain 25 mm of clearance.

Too bad about the loud pump, never used a DCP before so no comment. Hopefully its also some trapped air.

well the rads arent getting even close to hot during my benchmarkeing. after a few hours of Paladins im getting temps in the 40's last time i checked and the radiators were warm, loads of backdraft from the fans on the 240mm rad btw, feels like more air is going back into the case then out of the radiator lol. il be getting a GPU that wont need me dropping the middle fan though, this is just temporary becuse the G1 is 340mm long lol. there definatly is still a bit of air left but i have not been able to locate it nor get it out of the system, pump is a small bit quieter now that i removed some more air from the CPU block though.

Builds:

Spoiler

regarding the pump, in the first month or so, my pump made a really annoying 'ticking'/electricity arc-ing noise but hey, shaking it a tad seemed to help a bit :P 

5 hours ago, For Science! said:

Semi-passive radiator?

What's wrong with semi passive radiators? Idling, both my rads are completely passive (with 30c~ idle temps) while underload, one is 100% passive while the other one gets 50% fans and still, 45c/50c temps for CPU/GPU so...yeh? :D  

6 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

45c/50c temps for CPU/GPU so...yeh? :D  

-_- those temps are what im getting with maxed out fans and just the CPU in the loop... yay :P 

as for the pump the support guy dosent know really, its aparently "an older pump" even though im pretty sure you can still buy it -_- nice one EK lol

Builds:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

-_- those temps are what im getting with maxed out fans and just the CPU in the loop... yay :P 

as for the pump the support guy dosent know really, its aparently "an older pump" even though im pretty sure you can still buy it -_- nice one EK lol

xDxDxDxD 

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

those temps are what im getting with maxed out fans and just the CPU in the loop... yay

Oooo...did I mention I have less rad space as well? 240+240 vs 360+240 :D 

Anyway, I'm so tempted to pull my system apart when I get back from hols and redo my loop...the radiator being mounted in the front and no 'external' fan controller is pissing meh off badly :/ 

turns out im a massive idiot that cant read what the BIOS says and cant remember how you voltage in the ASRock BIOS lol. got 5GHz booting but temps getting close to god damn 80C! EKWB told me to RMA the waterblock so il probably do that. il check one final time if i maybe screwed up the jet or insert but im pretty sure i didnt mess it up.

Builds:

Spoiler

6 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

turns out im a massive idiot that cant read what the BIOS says and cant remember how you voltage in the ASRock BIOS lol. got 5GHz booting but temps getting close to god damn 80C! EKWB told me to RMA the waterblock so il probably do that. il check one final time if i maybe screwed up the jet or insert but im pretty sure i didnt mess it up.

Lel, are you sure you didn't do outlet as inlet and inlet as out? :D 

On the brightside isn't EK based in Europe? Cheaper and faster shipping, quicker turn around and 100% no import taxes to slap your arse silly (if you are shipping it to their HQ). 

Lel, are you sure you didn't do outlet as inlet and inlet as out? :D 

Unless my pump runs backwards I'm pretty sure I have this set up right lol(I know it's not, you can see the flow direction in the reservoir) 

On the brightside isn't EK based in Europe? Cheaper and faster shipping, quicker turn around and 100% no import taxes to slap your arse silly (if you are shipping it to their HQ). 

Yah I don't know how to RMA this thing but I need to get it out of my computer first and reinstall my NH-D14... Il double check the inside once I get it out but I really can't see how I have messed that up in any way. I did notice two or three bent finns when I opened it up initially but they were on the edge and I didn't think they would nuke performance this bad. 

Builds:

Spoiler

39 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I did notice two or three bent finns when I opened it up initially but they were on the edge and I didn't think they would nuke performance this bad. 

considering the number of fins there are, I highly doubt it would affect it that much...

Ah well, I can only wish you good luck and hope that I win ;) 

Reading a bit more about 4790K, aren't you guys a bit ambitious with expectations? Sounds like you need the golden chip to hit 5 GHz and that the thermals on water will about be in the 80's even for 4.8 GHz

4.8 GHz @ 1.32 V, temps in the 80's using AIDA64

http://www.digitalstorm.com/unlocked/intel-4790k-overclocking-review-and-benchmarks-idnum295/

Intel-4790K-overclock-temp.jpg

54 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Reading a bit more about 4790K, aren't you guys a bit ambitious with expectations? Sounds like you need the golden chip to hit 5 GHz and that the thermals on water will about be in the 80's even for 4.8 GHz

Hey, his expectations are actually quite tame compared to mine...I'm hoping for 5GHz on a fucking ryzen chip...RYZEN CHIP xD 

Ah well, I'm sure I'll beat him...with 7 cores and SMT disabled (only for the single core cinebench run tho) :D 

2 hours ago, For Science! said:

Reading a bit more about 4790K, aren't you guys a bit ambitious with expectations? Sounds like you need the golden chip to hit 5 GHz and that the thermals on water will about be in the 80's even for 4.8 GHz4.8 GHz @ 1.32 V, temps in the 80's using AIDA64

http://www.digitalstorm.com/unlocked/intel-4790k-overclocking-review-and-benchmarks-idnum295/

they areny using as much rad space though, sure i expected this to be a bit hot, but i also have a quite late batch chip that does(well boots atleast) 4.8GHz on 1.275V and 5GHz at 1.335V. sure its going to get up there in temps but it feels strange to me that with one of the best waterblocks on the market not be able to have it at stock and stay under 50c(~20C ambient ish, dont have a proper messurement but its that or lower) at 100% load for just a minute or two. and even EKWB support found it strange that my temps were bad so i think something is up atleast. i know that rad space dosent matter after a you add enough of it, you hit a wall so to say, but the temperatures seem off atleast. maybe il just keep it and see what happens when i get my 1080 and watercool that in the same loop.

3 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

considering the number of fins there are, I highly doubt it would affect it that much...

Ah well, I can only wish you good luck and hope that I win ;) 

yah i didnt think that it would impact it more then a handfull of C but it seems quite strange that its getting this hot. also have fun loosing :) 

2 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Hey, his expectations are actually quite tame compared to mine...I'm hoping for 5GHz on a fucking ryzen chip...RYZEN CHIP xD 

Ah well, I'm sure I'll beat him...with 7 cores and SMT disabled (only for the single core cinebench run tho) :D 

i can probably get over 5GHz before i thermal throttle, im winning anything single core :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Yeah, just replace the coolant in your loop with a liquid known as liquid nitrogen. Then use 1.7V and hope that the VRM doesn't explode :D

10 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i can probably get over 5GHz before i thermal throttle, im winning anything single core :P 

Delid this bad boy :D And if you can, get a motherboard like the AsRock Z97 OC Formula it will allow you to OC the CPU even further and it's yellow, so it fits nicely with the theme ;)