3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Yeah, perhaps its Cryonaut or Hydronaut you have. I believe Conductonaut is the only liquid metal product they have.

would guess hydronaut, feels the most likely. either way its my new top teir paste it seems. il probably only be using it when it comes to my main computer, even my poor overclocking systems will get cheaper stuff, duknow what il use my NT-H1 for now though :P 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

4 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

would guess hydronaut, feels the most likely. either way its my new top teir paste it seems. il probably only be using it when it comes to my main computer, even my poor overclocking systems will get cheaper stuff, duknow what il use my NT-H1 for now though :P 

Meanwhile, I've gone through 2 tubes of MX4 and on my third tube so...me rike MX4 too much? :D 

To be fair, I had gone through 1.25 tubes during my mining phase 1-1.25 years ago which included a 6990, 6 or 7 7950s (at the time, best hashrate to price and it had better hashrate to power than a 290X) and triple 290Xs, was quite the mining farm (too bad I sold the 20 ETH it mined in less than either 3 or 4 weeks almost immediately as the price of ETH was dropping big time...). 

Anyway, are you doing a hardline or soft? Looks like its gunna be hardline with all those fittings :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

4 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Meanwhile, I've gone through 2 tubes of MX4 and on my third tube so...me rike MX4 too much? :D 

To be fair, I had gone through 1.25 tubes during my mining phase 1-1.25 years ago which included a 6990, 6 or 7 7950s (at the time, best hashrate to price and it had better hashrate to power than a 290X) and triple 290Xs, was quite the mining farm (too bad I sold the 20 ETH it mined in less than either 3 or 4 weeks almost immediately as the price of ETH was dropping big time...). 

Anyway, are you doing a hardline or soft? Looks like its gunna be hardline with all those fittings :P 

Nope soft, just got them all because it's pretty tight in some places. Like from the bottom of the 360 rad to the top 240 rad I'm pretty sure I can't do that one without a 90. Got them all for a packet price, probably don't need all of these but hey, they look real nice :D

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Nope soft, just got them all because it's pretty tight in some places. Like from the bottom of the 360 rad to the top 240 rad I'm pretty sure I can't do that one without a 90. Got them all for a packet price, probably don't need all of these but hey, they look real nice :D

Fair enough :P 

I mean I would have liked one or two 90/45 degree fittings, it would have allowed my build to be 100% kink free as the pump->CPU run is slightly kinked but hey, its only minimal :P 

Anyway, pfffffffftttttttt delidding? Why don't you just join the soldered IHS Master-race? No warranty voiding, same great thermal transfer ;) (if not better...)

On 2017-07-18 at 9:38 AM, Mr.Meerkat said:

Anyway, pfffffffftttttttt delidding? Why don't you just join the soldered IHS Master-race? No warranty voiding, same great thermal transfer ;) (if not better...)

i have actiually delided soldred P4's because i didnt know they were soldered xD 

Builds:

Spoiler

UPDATE

Case has arrived and more!

CASE IS HERE AND IN MY HOME!

This is so awesome, its tiny, like TINY! i never thought it would be this small... like its atleast 1/3 smaller then my current case in external mesurements! Im really happy with it though, love it! Define C really IS the best case :x Got shitloads to talk about in this update so strap the hell in or whatever, but first, unboxing pictures!

Spoiler

IMG_20170719_173153.thumb.jpg.e81c8e0353f44772b00c073e7c217454.jpg

IMG_20170719_173150.thumb.jpg.716247301ab5c990224ceaf962e92982.jpg

IMG_20170719_174333.thumb.jpg.83593b711a06a5628f4693f1f393d342.jpg

IMG_20170719_174737.thumb.jpg.f7f1d6efd4939b1e074d96928792420e.jpg

IMG_20170719_175117.thumb.jpg.937fc52deb3dfa971b717adc8cb77ece.jpg

And pictures of fans on the rads(fans not final):

Spoiler

IMG_20170719_183020.thumb.jpg.3d827239d5011469e56e393001f5d266.jpg

IMG_20170719_183330.thumb.jpg.f2265f26bf1b3d9188b74d9f5964f612.jpg

And the test fitting of some things:

Spoiler

Getting the dame drive cadge out was a pain in the ass so here are some pictures of that:

IMG_20170719_175749.thumb.jpg.04a9bf19ad2dd648e77ea85cef063d4f.jpg

IMG_20170719_175807.thumb.jpg.e9e1edc6149e8653f9d8f32901679f1c.jpg

IMG_20170719_180236.thumb.jpg.9cad59cf7ba3cdbf2f9e5bc4be85be98.jpgIMG_20170719_180423.thumb.jpg.9eaa6605826f042571041d76bfb0b76c.jpgIMG_20170719_180936.thumb.jpg.afac4b1770734db6cbddeb80940b8d2a.jpg

Its not a lot of pictures, i just thoghts id upload all of them, onto the more fun ones!

IMG_20170719_194312.thumb.jpg.9f015c3fea50a42f9e1cf4f56bd1bdf7.jpg

IMG_20170719_194207.thumb.jpg.d949ad6559d53a37d3e70560707585c6.jpg

IMG_20170719_194202.thumb.jpg.8da793cd832e4483e84e50cae7022f1d.jpg

IMG_20170719_194325.thumb.jpg.160ae6ef7a52290ac41475e3cea8b532.jpg

IMG_20170719_194315.thumb.jpg.bb2e1d1414c55a592d7c8465755850c8.jpg

And now onto something else, i previously drew a crude drawing of the loop but here are the two options i have thought about, id like to know which one you think i should go for, im thinking number one but i thought id ask anyway.

Spoiler

Option 1:

define_c.jpg.png.fd92690f3efbaa9db286974a2d19441b.png

Option 2:

define_c..png.jpg.7ce1a2da7ef9ca0fdb2784d9f21a5975.jpg

Green is pump and reservoir

Red is CPU and GPU

Blue is rads and fans

Yellow is tubeing

Will be assembeling a system with the rads, an AM3 motherboard and another PSU just to get a feel for the case seeing as i have atleast 3 more days before my tubeing gets here, its my current overclocking toy for when i want to play with an old Athlon or whatever, it uses my old SSD currently which surprisingly seems compleatly fine... Anyway that will be the next update and that will either come later today or tomorrow(duknow might build through the night or whatever because who needs sleep am i right?). Another thing i thought id mention is that i THINK i have sold the LAN PC finaly, should get $350 from that which would land me at a current total of $550 which is enough to buy a 1080, but i havent gotten the money yet. This will mean i loose my two idustrial Noctua NH-F12(well im pretty sure they were NF-F12 equivlents) but i can get decent fans for a few dollars a pop on the used market, if i find some nice matching ones i might do all around push pull lol. Anyway i have a lot of stuff comming up either way and il be getting a 1080 anyway but next up right now is building a CPU loop(just cut out the GPU from the options basically)! And once thats done il be doing overclocking and benchmarking of my I7 4790K, 5GHz im on my way baby! 

Thats all for this moment, more should be comming pretty soon! For all updates on everything follow my profile too, i talk quite a bit about this build in my status updates too :) 

Builds:

Spoiler

Ah yes, needing 600mm of rad space to cool your i7 eh? 

Needing to delid your Intel CPU eh? 

Sounds like someone has a nice heater dere ;) 

Anyway, option one will use less tubing so probably look cleaner so...option one? :D 

I'm doing the same thing in a Define Nano S. They really are great cases.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

If you want a rear exhaust, Option 1 will be better, although it may cover your ram.

29 minutes ago, For Science! said:

If you want a rear exhaust, Option 1 will be better, although it may cover your ram.

5 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Ah yes, needing 600mm of rad space to cool your i7 eh? 

Needing to delid your Intel CPU eh? 

Sounds like someone has a nice heater dere ;) 

Anyway, option one will use less tubing so probably look cleaner so...option one? :D 

Have had to go for number 2, front rad won't fit otherwise. As for exhaust that will be handled by the top rad. And for the needing 600mm of rads, I will be slapping a RX Vega or GTX 1080(maybe TI) in there too that needs to keep cool and then overclocking. :P

4 hours ago, arnavvr said:

I'm doing the same thing in a Define Nano S. They really are great cases.

The S cases have a bit more internal room to play with but they really are a awesome cases :)

Builds:

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

. And for the needing 600mm of rads, I will be slapping a RX Vega or GTX 1080(maybe TI) in there too that needs to keep cool and then overclocking. :P

Scuse me? If I can run my 480mm loop with 240 being 100% passive and the other half having 50% fans while having 50c~ CPU and 55C~ GPU temps, you really going to suggest that you'll need more than me? 

Ohhhhhhh wait, Ryzen is so much more power efficient that Intel's offerings, that's why xD. After all, you do have quite the heater in your system...(and yes, I'll going to continue tossing shade about Intel cuz...I need to win? :D

27 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Scuse me? If I can run my 480mm loop with 240 being 100% passive and the other half having 50% fans while having 50c~ CPU and 55C~ GPU temps, you really going to suggest that you'll need more than me? 

Ohhhhhhh wait, Ryzen is so much more power efficient that Intel's offerings, that's why xD. After all, you do have quite the heater in your system...(and yes, I'll going to continue tossing shade about Intel cuz...I need to win? :D

At least I have a chip that can go past 4GHz and a vastly better GPU, have fun outside of synthetics LOL

Builds:

Spoiler

18 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

At least I have a chip that can go past 4GHz and a vastly better GPU, have fun outside of synthetics LOL

Sorry? Who's the one talking about synthetics when I have the worse GPU? :D 

Frankly upgrading from a RX470 to a Fury was almost pointless in my case however it does allow me to maintain 160fps in R6S rather than 100-110 which justifies it...just. 

I mean the only thing I use my GPU for is R6S, don't play anything else that's demanding enough that my laptop with its iGPU can't maintain 60fps+ :P 

1 minute ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Sorry? Who's the one talking about synthetics when I have the worse GPU? :D 

Frankly upgrading from a RX470 to a Fury was almost pointless in my case however it does allow me to maintain 160fps in R6S rather than 100-110 which justifies it...just. 

I mean the only thing I use my GPU for is R6S, don't play anything else that's demanding enough that my laptop with its iGPU can't maintain 60fps+ :P 

I need a better GPU then the 970, every Paladins update makes the game harder to run, used to get 140+ fps maxed out at all times at 1440p and could run it maxed out on my laptop, now I have to play on low on my laptop and I'm getting dips well into the 60s on my main PC... God damn LoRez refusing to optimize 

Builds:

Spoiler

UPDATE

The test build, that i barely took photos of building lol

So, assembled a test build, and it was god damn hard. This case is TINY and is not something i would recomend to anyone else doing this first time like me. That dosent mean i love it any less but its been a bit difficult to get to where i am, haveing to remove and rebuild a few times resulting in a build time of somewhere north of 5h for this concept without tubes. Im happy i did it though seeing as i wouldent want to be figuring out things like the harddrive mount when doing the real thing. The harddrive mount is a real treat though, enjoy that one lol. Anyway onto the pictures i actiually have!

Spoiler

Motherboard is in:

IMG_20170719_201145.thumb.jpg.30bd65c28457cc1b012487db73a62a00.jpg

and then i didnt take any more pictures before i finished the entire thing, but here you go:

Spoiler

IMG_20170720_183035.thumb.jpg.eb2d49e0541b2149d1b89395fbb33b21.jpg

Im not shitting you when i say thats the only place i managed to mount the harddrive. the entire basement is full of cables, fittings and the pump and there was no space in the back either to mount it... it looks OK? its not the worst thing i have ever done in terms of mounting shit where its not suposed to be, that would probably be the LAN PC 3.0, but this is getting there, maybe LAN PC 4.0 power button level? anyway here are the rest of the pictures:

IMG_20170720_183000.thumb.jpg.aeb7afbc49fcaeb1443a38ae5de070bd.jpg

IMG_20170720_180043.thumb.jpg.c09e16b0c5b8601c7714f185f16c1adb.jpg

IMG_20170720_180037.thumb.jpg.bb609c2293cebfd858e5e2a6846e2ec3.jpg

IMG_20170720_180034.thumb.jpg.d027a46a34e2ce549a5aca81a02172cc.jpg

IMG_20170720_180020.thumb.jpg.ca8d78315f59ed605207d9d82fba9073.jpg

IMG_20170720_180014.thumb.jpg.b213dbbdadecad6f72f28f68ca9909a2.jpg

IMG_20170720_180002.thumb.jpg.f1ea16139906aaefdd1a3d0b5b5298d4.jpg

IMG_20170720_175953.thumb.jpg.b0b66b48d1eb9afc7a7defd8ec008f84.jpg

IMG_20170720_183122.thumb.jpg.0984d0fd66a88f0bc2dd3959b1ee19b9.jpg

IMG_20170720_183115.thumb.jpg.b7306ecfb30d4ec5540b27bcca4e8dee.jpg

IMG_20170720_183111.thumb.jpg.00ba46bcf73fc74a547a1523a6a8ee37.jpg

IMG_20170720_183102.thumb.jpg.db6e820e2b4e010cf401761e9677c235.jpg

As you can see i did put in some effort to make a anti vibration mount for it that should work pretty decently to be honest so it might not be too bad.

I have thought about some other things i want to do with this build too, i want to paint the SoundBlaster Z and replace its LED and i want to get some white lighting for the inside top and bottom aswell because i think that could look really cool. As for the GPU i looked at the Zotac Arctic Storm 1080 and it looks so good but idk about that price... the 1080 model costs more then a basic 1080 TI  so unless Zotac feel like sponsoring with one of their cards thats out of the question(who knows, its their colors :P) anyway i dont think this dude that was buying the LAN PC understood what he was doing, i asked him for shipping details and he asked where it would arive... i answared but he didnt respond after that even though he entered a contract to buy it -_- would really like those $350 right now because a 1080 Strix is going low at the moment.

anyway have fun laughing at the build and if you think you know a better mount for the harddrive let me know.

Builds:

Spoiler

Get a 2.5" drive and mount it in the back where its supposed to go :P that mounting is an eyesore!

Just now, For Science! said:

Get a 2.5" drive and mount it in the back where its supposed to go :P that mounting is an eyesore!

yah i have a 1TB 2.5" actiually but idk how good it is and its currently the main disk of my NAS. il take a look if there are any nice 1TB 2.5" disks i could get for not all too much. im using over 500GB of my current drive though and coppying all that will be hell

Builds:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

would really like those $350 right now because a 1080 Strix is going low at the moment.

Get a 1080 FE, because it's easier to find water blocks for them. :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Get a 1080 FE, because it's easier to find water blocks for them. :D

there are litteraly none of those on the used market. NOBODY buys them here lol

Builds:

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

there are litteraly none of those on the used market. NOBODY buys them here lol

Which 1080s can you find? Because some 1080s use an FE PCB ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Which 1080s can you find? Because some 1080s use an FE PCB ;)

yah i know, but you know, i also dont even have $200 because i ate a hotdog lol. right now its a gameing X, two STRIX cards, an FTW2 and a Waterforce Xtreme which seems to be Gigabytes take on the EVGA Hybrid. 

Builds:

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i want to get some white lighting for the inside top and bottom aswell because i think that could look really cool

I find the light penetration from the top and bottom are not so good because the radiator will block the top one, and your GPU will likely block the bottom one. Left and right on the inside of the side panel I found were the best for illumination if you can live with the cable chaos when you unmount the side window.

Or alternatively mount it on the rear of the case like I did, and another on the front radiator, depending on your angle you won't see the strip and get a nice ambient feel.

Btw I uploaded a post-build log for my watercooling in which you can find in my sig, so if its any help, take a look :) the define C

I find the light penetration from the top and bottom are not so good because the radiator will block the top one, and your GPU will likely block the bottom one. Left and right on the inside of the side panel I found were the best for illumination if you can live with the cable chaos when you unmount the side window.

Or alternatively mount it on the rear of the case like I did, and another on the front radiator, depending on your angle you won't see the strip and get a nice ambient feel.

il probably get two lightstips at around 35cm long and play around with the placement untill im happy. still need to get some fan splitters and a few other things like the god damn GPU lol

Builds:

Spoiler

Before you pull the trigger on any GPU, I URGE you to check your length clearance, I am almost certain a STRIX will collide with your fans in the front rad.

Before you pull the trigger on any GPU, I URGE you to check your length clearance, I am almost certain a STRIX will collide with your fans in the front rad.

yah i will definatly be checking that when the time comes. thought that might become a problem but i think most cards around refrence size and a bit longer will be fine

Builds:

Spoiler