22 minutes ago, Revan654 said:

WaterCool is King of the Hill currently they out perform anything on the market currently. There blocks are made out of the highest material possible. It's why most of my items inside my PC are from WaterCool(Minus MonoBlock & M2 Waterblock).

sounds good, il see if i can get them from within Sweden and if not il probably order them once i get back home in around 2 weeks

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Pictures, boxes and more!

Got home a few hours ago and the 360 rad, reservoir and pump had arived. Still need to buy a GPU, CPU and GPU blocks, tubeing, coolant, case and a bunch of fittings but im about 1/3 done with my shopping :D I got only about $400 from my work this weekend and last weekend combined so i dont really have the economic power i thought i would have. in August i should get around $800 and i guess il get the GPU then. For now i think i will get the case and run a CPU only loop but il hold out for a bit in case a great deal comes up on a GTX 1080 resonably soon for a price i can afford but i also might finish the Toaster Project and finish this thing when i get my next pay. 

pictures of the stuff i have right now:

Spoiler

IMG_20170709_231729.thumb.jpg.8a273156ef56f4ca2dd6a1b7ecdc208a.jpg

and a comparason of the fin density of the two rads:

IMG_20170709_231738.thumb.jpg.3734665893b66435275979b919c625d2.jpg

IMG_20170709_231752.thumb.jpg.abb7c01f32c5716f53dca943dd4453b2.jpg

Id love to hear what people think about what i should do so here are the options:

1: Save up $0

2: Do a CPU loop for now ~$250

3: Finish the Toaster Project ~$200

4: Get the GPU now ~$400

i will do all of them to in the end its just what order to do them in, could get another GPU too, but im not really sure what i would get that i dont feel like its a waste to slap a plext block on tbh, maybe a 980TI or R9 Fury?

thats about it for now, il make another update when i decide what il do or when there is any segnificant progress.

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

If you're waiting til August, don't rule out Vega, the only issue will be block availability on launch

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

14 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

4: Get the GPU now ~$400

Get GPU now

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

16 hours ago, stealth80 said:

If you're waiting til August, don't rule out Vega, the only issue will be block availability on launch

true, Vega has always been in my eyes but the FE isnt makeing Vega look promesing in the slightest to me tbh.

3 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Get GPU now

il get one if one comes up for a fair price probably

Builds:

Spoiler

not really update worthy but wow did i pick a chalangeing case to stuff this much watercooling into... damn. i think i have sortof a plan i guess but i wont have a proper one untill i get the case and can start testing what fits where and so on. with that said there is absolutely no way what so ever at this point in time that i am changeing the Define C for anything else(maybe if Fractal come out with an even better one :x).  anyway here is the sortof plan ish thing i made(not super acurate in the slightest, just a general plan)

define_c.jpg.0cc79b7dbb69b1f6266982f71b205a93.jpg

the blue is rads with fans, the pump in the basement and the res ontop of the basement

the red are the hot things, GPU and CPU.

yellow is the tube with the direction marked

Builds:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

-snip-

how thick is your radiator you intend to put in the front? The Strix card is super long, and you may have to janky mount the fans in the front (outside of the case, between the front panel) to make it fit. Also what pump do you plan to get, I had to make some janky feet so that it fit inside the basement (D5)

@Bananasplit_00 Are you going to get the 980 Ti or are you going to get a 1080? :D

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Some of the problems you may encouter:

RAM clearance (I have a 25 mm fan + 30 mm rad on the top), nothing apart from the lowest rams clear it in my case.

Spoiler

20170615_115137.thumb.jpg.51cf912a4ec10a36ac4e0ac23dbf3c24.jpg

GPU clearance and the tubes if you intended to run them here (my GPU is a 1080 Turbo, 26.7 cm length) with a 30 mm rad + 25 mm fan, there is about 1.6 cm left between the GPU and fan. Also you will notice my D5 pump barely clears the bottom shroud, I have custom feet to let this fit.

Spoiler

20170615_115114.thumb.jpg.080198f7024ff4ea904ec5ee871acff0.jpg

Both can be combatted by putting the fans "outside" the case so that you have the radiator in the case, but the fans outside (or vice versa), but if you plan well you can fit it all inside like I did.

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

@Bananasplit_00 Are you going to get the 980 Ti or are you going to get a 1080? :D

skipping the 980TI, just made it feel like i halfassed it. i said 1080 so 1080 or better it is.

3 minutes ago, For Science! said:

how thick is your radiator you intend to put in the front? The Strix card is super long, and you may have to janky mount the fans in the front (outside of the case, between the front panel) to make it fit. Also what pump do you plan to get, I had to make some janky feet so that it fit inside the basement (D5)

got the pump, says on the first page in the specs, and im not getting the STRIX because it didnt feel right. the front rad is 35mm+fan but dont trust that janky ass drawing lol.

as for now i think il buy the case, fittings and tubeing and do a CPU loop with just water untill august/september when il get the GPU and conect it up to the loop and il replace the coolant with the proper one. right now im trying to see think what angle fittings i may need, currently planning on:

5x 90o chrome

2x 45o chrome

12x compression fittings black

1x drain valve

90 from bottom of the 360 to the 240

90 from 240 rad into 45 on CPU block

45 from CPU block into the GPU

GPU into a 90 on the reservoir

90 from the reservoir into another 90 on the pump

drain valve connected somewhere, havent decided, probably the reservoir

5 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Some of the problems you may encouter:

RAM clearance (I have a 25 mm fan + 30 mm rad on the top), nothing apart from the lowest rams clear it in my case.

Hide contents

GPU clearance and the tubes if you intended to run them here (my GPU is a 1080 Turbo, 26.7 cm length) with a 30 mm rad + 25 mm fan, there is about 1.6 cm left between the GPU and fan. Also you will notice my D5 pump barely clears the bottom shroud, I have custom feet to let this fit.

Hide contents

Both can be combatted by putting the fans "outside" the case so that you have the radiator in the case, but the fans outside (or vice versa), but if you plan well you can fit it all inside like I did.

could i get a side view of your build? im planning on putting the tube either besides the fan or behind them. RAM should be fine, its quite low profile. seeing as GPU clearence may become a problem i might get the super small 1080 Zotac makes. cool PC though man!

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

skipping the 980TI, just made it feel like i halfassed it. i said 1080 so 1080 or better it is.

Yeah, if you want to wait, you will be able to get 1070s for less than $350, because Ethereum value is dropping :D 1080 prices should drop too

Waiting for Vega is also an option, but you will have to wait for another month after Vega's launch to get waterblocks for it :/

-snip-

front_on.thumb.jpg.bf305750cfe38928b7306de5d7eed159.jpg

Looks nice from the front, but all kinds of crazy stuff happening in the back and around the drain port (that you can't even see thanks to the cables. But there is one there.

596698f18f60f_20170615_115252(1).thumb.jpg.ae6110d17df0e6bb052072fe02d35642.jpg

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah, if you want to wait, you will be able to get 1070s for less than $350, because Ethereum value is dropping :D 1080 prices should drop too

Waiting for Vega is also an option, but you will have to wait for another month after Vega's launch to get waterblocks for it :/

il see how Vega preforms, might be garbage tbh but i also dont mind buying the card and using it without watercooling for a while tbh.

Builds:

Spoiler

il see how Vega preforms, might be garbage tbh but i also dont mind buying the card and using it without watercooling for a while tbh.

Although, idk if a 650W PSU will be enough for a 300+W Vega card (I know that TDP =/= Power Consumption, but TDP does show roughly how much power the card draws under load)

In terms of angled fittings, to reproduce my build:

7 x 90 degree

2x dual 45 degree

1 x 45 degree

1 x Ball valve

1 x T-splitter

1 x Dual rotary male-to-male

sounds excessive, but thats what it took for me.

Looks nice from the front, but all kinds of crazy stuff happening in the back and around the drain port (that you can't even see thanks to the cables. But there is one there.

looks sweet, would have stolen the floating res idea if it wasent for the fact that im using soft tubeing :D instead it gets to go where you have your second 1080 lol

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Although, idk if a 650W PSU will be enough for a 300+W Vega card (I know that TDP =/= Power Consumption, but TDP does show roughly how much power the card draws under load)

should work unless watercooling pumps stat to drain over 100W lol overclocked im counting on the CPU doing maybe 200W then 300W GPU on that is still 500W and thats 150W for other stuff to drain on and its not like im running furmark and P95 24/7 so i cant see it being a problem tbh.

In terms of angled fittings, to reproduce my build:

7 x 90 degree

2x dual 45 degree

1 x 45 degree

1 x Ball valve

1 x T-splitter

1 x Dual rotary male-to-male

sounds excessive, but thats what it took for me.

think il be fine with just those listed + a T splitter for the drain.

Builds:

Spoiler

UPDATE

More stuff arived today!

Ordered a load of stuff last friday before going to Åre for the weekend and most of it arived today! Got the CPU block, fittings, and sortof the case. with sortof the case i mean its here but because Webbhallen for some inexplicable reason decided to put it under my mothers name on the order so now i cant get it out so there will be no progress untill she comes home in a few days(could be tomorrow, could be sunday, i have no clue) and changeing the order name cost a bunch of money and would take almost the entire week anyway so il just wait. made sure all the fittings were actiually G1/4 and they were. its not like i will be able to build anything before the 22nd(earliest ETA for my tubeing) anyway but i could have gotten a feel for the case by doing a few builds in the meantime and i could have moved my system over too but nooooo Webhallen had to make my mom the recipiant just because out house is written under her name and not my name, i even had to enter my social security number and it still fucked it up. i am incredably pissed, atleast the support guy was pretty nice.

Onto the more fun stuff, the waterblock looks sweet and has some themal grizly paste included that i have no clue if its better or worse then NT-H1, il have to do some research on that, and the fittings also look really good, the EK fittings seem really nice and the 90o's seem really nice aswell. the drain valve il probably just put directly onto the reservoir for now, might redo it for the real thing when i get my GPU. here are some pictures:

Spoiler

IMG_20170717_230358.thumb.jpg.d5ad3114dc712dc2006a0e621331d105.jpg

IMG_20170717_123556.thumb.jpg.f6bdc57742800c40c4decee9d6ca2a0d.jpg

IMG_20170717_123529.thumb.jpg.14263f926d8dacfe621be35e73983f30.jpg

IMG_20170717_230406.thumb.jpg.5da88718476f5262da14cf59cd1a6a6a.jpg

IMG_20170717_230437.thumb.jpg.78d76317627591244b7d5573a6d20d7a.jpg

IMG_20170717_230442.thumb.jpg.e1a098de4df0e32f0d6c76ce4fcc03ed.jpg

the EK rad looked really dirty inside and smelled kinda strange too but im sure it will be fine aftter i flush everything(what should i flush it with, just distilled water or what?) other then that there isnt really anything of note right now, cant build anything because i dont have the case and tubeing. will be takeing appart the LAN PC soon(well mostly grabbing the Noctua fans) and i have realised i will probably need some sort of fan hub too, il probably just grab the cheapest thing on ebay and slap it behind the motherboard or something where you cant see it, got some money locked up in paypal anyway that i can spend :) 

thanks for reading and il keep you posted, cant really do much more then imagine at the moment sadly but within a week i should have the case and within 10 days i should have the god damn tubeing.

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Onto the more fun stuff, the waterblock looks sweet and has some themal grizly paste included that i have no clue if its better or worse then NT-H1

It's much better than NT-H1 ;)

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

-snip-

I think most have concluded that its not worth it to put liquid metal for the GPU die. I have some, but actively decided to go for Arctic MX-4 since it is non-conductive and also non-capacitative (between conductonaut, and Arctic Silver 5). If you spill the conductonaut, then RIP GPU - and the temps are not that great even, so my advice would be not to use them.

I would recommend washing the rad really well under a running hot tap for a good 10 minutes or so. Seal it and give a good shake every now and then. Green speckles and other crap should come out. Only when it stops coming out, then wash a few times with distilled water to wash out any remaining minerals from the tap water.

You can also typically run 3-4 fans off one header without the need for a hub, just use a PWM splitter. I am running 3 120mm Noctua industrials off 1 header, and 2 off another with absolutely no problem

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

It's much better than NT-H1 ;)

nice to know, now i know that my dear noctua paste is inferior paste :P 

1 minute ago, For Science! said:

I think most have concluded that its not worth it to put liquid metal for the GPU die. I have some, but actively decided to go for Arctic MX-4 since it is non-conductive and also non-capacitative (between conductonaut, and Arctic Silver 5). If you spill the conductonaut, then RIP GPU - and the temps are not that great even, so my advice would be not to use them.

I would recommend washing the rad really well under a running hot tap for a good 10 minutes or so. Seal it and give a good shake every now and then. Green speckles and other crap should come out. Only when it stops coming out, then wash a few times with distilled water to wash out any remaining minerals from the tap water.

You can also typically run 3-4 fans off one header without the need for a hub, just use a PWM splitter. I am running 3 120mm Noctua industrials off 1 header, and 2 off another with absolutely no problem

its for my CPU, which i will probably delid, for the GPU its NT-H1 all the way(the next best stuff i have is MX-2 lol), even though its probably not as non conductive as MX-2 but its a hell of a lot better

Builds:

Spoiler

nice to know, now i know that my dear noctua paste is inferior paste :P 

its for my CPU, which i will probably delid, for the GPU its NT-H1 all the way(the next best stuff i have is MX-2 lol), even though its probably not as non conductive as MX-2 but its a hell of a lot better

7 minutes ago, For Science! said:

This is not liquid metal, Thermal Grizzly also makes thermal paste :D 

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

You are right, I just so strongly associate them with the liquid metal and trigger fingered :P 

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

yah sure dosent look like liquid metal lol. cant bother digging out the tube from the packadge at the moment but it didnt say metal on there AFAIK

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah sure dosent look like liquid metal lol. cant bother digging out the tube from the packadge at the moment but it didnt say metal on there AFAIK

Yeah, perhaps its Cryonaut or Hydronaut you have. I believe Conductonaut is the only liquid metal product they have.