The Samsung Note 8 Will Experience A New Type Of Explosion

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

to be honest, you can still get a galaxy s2( released in 2011) to the latest Android version easily.  

Custom ROMs, the eternal support that keeps functional hardware viable, supposedly. I've got a friend that still uses an OG Galaxy S, it runs rather well.

But I don't want the latest version of Android, I want the version that came with my phone, or Kitkat. Any and every other version can fuck off.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

3 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

to be honest, you can still get a galaxy s2( released in 2011) to the latest Android version easily.  

tfw when my Galaxy Note 2 has Nougat but not my V10

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

Custom ROMs, the eternal support that keeps functional hardware viable, supposedly. I've got a friend that still uses an OG Galaxy S, it runs rather well.

But I don't want the latest version of Android, I want the version that came with my phone, or Kitkat. Any and every other version can fuck off.

well, if you have a Samsung device you can always go to sammobile and download the OG rom that came with your device and flash that 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Just now, Tedny said:

1k for 2-3 years, sure, I can give 1k$  

is that how long you intend to use it or how long you think samsung will support it, cause i'm sure that support is only 1 year with Sammy and they'll blame it on not enough h ram as always

Smart move on Samsung's part. Everybody who bought the Note 7 pretty much loved it and said it was the best phone they'd ever used so most of them will definitely drop $1200 on a Note 8. If the Note 7 was truly as great as people said it was, it's not out of the realm of reality for people to spend $1200 for what might be the best Android experience they can have. If you get it with AT&T then after 30% down ($360) you're only looking at $30 a month for 28 months so assuming you don't change out phones every 2 years that's not bad.

-KuJoe

£1000 for something to play angry birds, put their life on Facebook, text and call?? F**k me, people are getting dumber. Sure you might get a good camera but that`s essentially a £1000 disposable camera with a phone strapped on. I`d rather get a pos £150 phone and spunk the rest on something that will last longer than 12 months.

5 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

well, if you have a Samsung device you can always go to sammobile and download the OG rom that came with your device and flash that 

Only viable after I replace it, otherwise OTA updates are forced by every usable carrier where I live. 

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Only viable after I replace it, otherwise OTA updates are forced by every usable carrier where I live. 

then just disable OTA updates...

13 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

then just disable OTA updates...

Ha. Ha ha ha.

You funny guy.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

oh! so samsung is the nvidia of the phone market? :P

i'm sorry don't go all keyboard rage ON on me :D

GPU drivers giving you a hard time? Try this! (DDU)

9 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

-snip-

You mean custom ROM?

Eh... it outs of warranty, so i guess you can give it a try.

Specs are still horrible for the time tough.

Groomlake Authority

7 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

is that how long you intend to use it or how long you think samsung will support it, cause i'm sure that support is only 1 year with Sammy and they'll blame it on not enough h ram as always

2 years 

32 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

2 years 

if you're lucky or if you like stay one version behind cause by the time they'll release the update google will have already announced the new android version 

2 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

if you're lucky or if you like stay one version behind cause by the time they'll release the update google will have already announced the new android version 

better than one plus

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

better than one plus

at least one plus let's you dream about it for 2 years and then finally announce they won'r be able to keep their promises and direct you toward their new flagship killer :P

1 hour ago, nerdslayer1 said:

-snip-

No, its the same (the OnePlus X is an exception, that one got its support kicked as soon as it got marshmallow).

I never have received more than major 1 update (the ones that lived long enough that is) in my N4's, S6 or S7 Edge. I have also only received 1 regular update so far on my "unlocked" phone, but all of the others before it were also unlocked and barely got any regular, security or new iteration update...

Groomlake Authority

4 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

No, its the same (the OnePlus X is an exception, that one got its support kicked as soon as it got marshmallow).

I never have received more than major 1 update (the ones that lived long enough that is) in my N4's, S6 or S7 Edge. I have also only received 1 regular update so far on my "unlocked" phone, but all of the others before it were also unlocked and barely got any regular, security or new iteration update...

i was talking about the one plus 2 also all the phones you stated got 2 years of support on unlocked devices, especially the Nexus. 

12 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

-snip-

Thats good to hear, but sadly my unlocked Samsung devices seem to be from a different Samsung then xD...

Groomlake Authority

11 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Thats good to hear, but sadly my unlocked Samsung devices seem to be from a different Samsung then xD...

here 

n4- released in 2012- 2014 android version update and 2 years of security update ended in 2016 

-http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000027-1386289382516-software-updates

-https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4457705?hl=en

galaxy s6-  released in 2015 currently on android N latest version of Android 

-https://www.sammobile.com/2017/03/13/whats-new-with-android-7-0-on-the-galaxy-s6-and-galaxy-s6-edge-4k-video/

S7 Edge- on android N( 7.0, android 7.1.1 coming out soon) 

i don't see what your point is, yes Samsung does update their devices, maybe not long as iPhones but they still do have support. 

17 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

-snip-

My point is, if Samsung supports their devices for two years and i had a few of their flagships, i did not see my first two N4's (which regardless of living a few months more or less due to internal defects) get an update to 5.0 until May (and then gone from me), then later the S6 which survived 1 year or so, only got an update in March of last year and how my current phone has only gotten the Nougat update and no more (no security patches, no performance improvements, nothing), even tough they all were unlocked devices.

What i meant was that Samsung by themselves in terms of update support for the general public, at least in specific Eruopean countries, are no good.

Groomlake Authority

Hi

Anyway,  I'm going for it and for sure , it's going to be cheaper where I live ( unlocked s8+ costs around 650~700 USD here )

People should stop doing currency conversions from Euros or pounds to dollars. It doesn't work that way.

Goods are more expensive in the EU (and also always includes sales tax/VAT), so it's more often the case that the numbers are the same between Euros and dollars. In other words 999 Euros means 999 dollars. Steam is one infamous example of not giving a fuck about currency values and just straight up changing the currency symbol.

Besides the price, I've been waiting for this phone. My intro into the smartphone world was the S6, and I've been wanting more ever since I got it. I wanted to upgrade to the note 7 but it exploded. I've been waiting to get a note device since I got my S6. I'm excited for it and I hope I can cover the cost to get it.

Gamma v2.2 | i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz| Dark Rock TF | ASRock Z170 OC Formula | G-SKILL TridentZ Royal 2x16Gb 3200mhz | MSI GTX 1070 Ti Titanium | Sandisk 120Gb SSD | WD Black 1Tb HDD | Corsair RMx 850w | Corsair Spec Alpha | MSI Optix G27C2/2x19" monitors/34" Insignia tv

Spoiler

Secondary rig status: Blendin Blandin | Xeon E5 2670 E3 ES | Noctua L12s | ASRock X99 OC Formula | 48Gb Ram Smoothie | EVGA 980ti Superclocked+ | ADATA SU800 | SFFTime P-Atx | 

This should be totally unsurprising for anyone who's paid any attention to recent pricing as the S8+ was ~$850 US on release and the Note 8 is basically the S8++ that should come with a built in S pen. Evan Blass says $900-$1000 which makes total sense as you'd be getting a bigger screen, bigger battery, and an s Pen.

Nothing extraordinary at all and people will spend this much for the phone, especially since note fans have been waiting awhile for a replacement.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -