New GTX 1080 and fps drops

Hello guys, hope you guys enlight me. I've just got my new GTX 1080 since thursday and since then I've been trying things nonstop but can't find the problem, I hope the problem isn't the CPU nor GPU :/. The thing is when playing Black Desert I have high FPS, 110-120 @ 1080p, but the problem is I have several FPS drops when playing no matter what zone or what Im doing, it drops from 120 to 30-40 fps suddenly for half a second but its so so annoying. I don't have this problem with other games I've tried like Overwatch, GTA V and ME: Andromeda. Before the GTX 1080 I had a RX 480 hard overclocked but didn't had this problem.

I fear its the PSU(mine is NOX Urano VX 750W) but as I said I had this RX 480 overclocked which consumed a lot as well and no problems. I also tried underclocking the gpu core and memory but doesn't seems to fix the problem either. I also tried upping the voltage of the gpu with evga precision x but nothing either. I have also tried formating my PC. I also ran Furmark withouth problem, and on HWMonitor everything have enough voltage( +12V at 12+).

I leave my PC specs:

CPU: Ryzen 1700

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming 

PSU: NOX Urano VX 750W 

Motherboard: ASRock X370 Killer SLI

Memorys: DDR4@3200

open NVidia control panel and set power management mode to prefer maximum performance

Am having this exact same issue with BDO. And everygame only difference is am running a Ryzen 1600 and 2667 ram at 1440p same video card except mine is a ggigabyte GTX 1080 G1gaming . this issue is very annoying and I have not found a solution ive been looking for weeks. Sucks having a beast system and not be able to use it properly 

34 minutes ago, verytiny said:

open NVidia control panel and set power management mode to prefer maximum performance

Yeah I already tried that but its the same

28 minutes ago, Mckinney said:

Am having this exact same issue with BDO. And everygame only difference is am running a Ryzen 1600 and 2667 ram at 1440p same video card except mine is a ggigabyte GTX 1080 G1gaming . this issue is very annoying and I have not found a solution ive been looking for weeks. Sucks having a beast system and not be able to use it properly 

Its so weird budd :( I only have this problem with BDO the other games works perfectly

I switched from Black desert to archeage and its doing the exact same thing. Kinda wanna find a fix before I play since I notice it now

On 24/6/2017 at 6:25 PM, Mckinney said:

I switched from Black desert to archeage and its doing the exact same thing. Kinda wanna find a fix before I play since I notice it now

Hey budd, hope this helps you. Follow the instructions from this page and it helped me! BTW do the settings on the global 3d programs not invidividual for BDO. Also I didn't had to install those old drivers they said, new drivers for me, and didn't disabled Cool n Quiet. But I did all the rest and it worked!

https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212282889-FPS-Issues

EDIT;

Nope its random asf, still stuttering :(