Low budget gamng PC build

Hello everybody :)

I'm thinking of a new computer for games for quite some time now, but budget is always the problem here.

Recently I saw a video on youtube, that shows a nice server like build under 150$ and I thought of getting something like that myself.

Ready to spend 120-200€ and build it, the only problem now is finding good parts for the job. I'm looking for a build that can run newer games like "Batman: Akham Knight" on low settings smoothly.

So I'm open for suggestions, please get me spomething guys :P

Link to video I was watching: Under $150 Budget Gaming 8 Core CPU, Motherboard & 16GB RAM

9 hours ago, M4t3X said:

Hello everybody :)

I'm thinking of a new computer for games for quite some time now, but budget is always the problem here.

Recently I saw a video on youtube, that shows a nice server like build under 150$ and I thought of getting something like that myself.

Ready to spend 120-200€ and build it, the only problem now is finding good parts for the job. I'm looking for a build that can run newer games like "Batman: Akham Knight" on low settings smoothly.

So I'm open for suggestions, please get me spomething guys :P

Link to video I was watching: Under $150 Budget Gaming 8 Core CPU, Motherboard & 16GB RAM

Try and find a cheap dell optiplex which has a core 2 quad for like under 100 euro on ebay. Then just stick in a gtx 1050.

Thank you for moving @TheRandomness

@david cassar I believe a single Core 2 Quad CPU is not in option for games I'd like to play, I could just put one on my MB as well. But it was good you mentioned it as I found a good dual CPU Dell computer. I'm going to check it today :)

Edited by M4t3X

1 hour ago, M4t3X said:

Thank you for moving @TheRandomness

@david cassar I believe a single Core 2 Quad CPU is not in option for games I'd like to play, I could just put one on my MB as well. But it was good you mentioned it as I found a good dual CPU Dell computer. I'm going to check it today :)

Well under 200 euro that is the best you could do :P You could also try and find i5 dell optiplexes which should be a bit more expensive.

Hmmm, Idno guys how does that soud to you?

Dell Precision 490

- CPU: 2x Dual Core, Intel Xeon 5050 processors (3Ghz, 4MB Cache, Hyper-threading)
- MB: (2 CPU sockets, 8 RAM slots, PCI-Express x16
- RAM: 12GB DDR2
- PSU  750W

I know this is a workstation, spent 2h on forums for it and I'm still not sure about it.. I saw the lowest RAM freq. can be 166Mhz.. What are the odds?

21 hours ago, M4t3X said:

Hmmm, Idno guys how does that soud to you?

Dell Precision 490

- CPU: 2x Dual Core, Intel Xeon 5050 processors (3Ghz, 4MB Cache, Hyper-threading)
- MB: (2 CPU sockets, 8 RAM slots, PCI-Express x16
- RAM: 12GB DDR2
- PSU  750W

I know this is a workstation, spent 2h on forums for it and I'm still not sure about it.. I saw the lowest RAM freq. can be 166Mhz.. What are the odds?

does it even have a x16 pcie express slot?

I found this in my area for a very low price as graphics card and HDD was removed, I believe it x16 there but I'm more concerned about actual hardware speeds, it's 6 years old system that was used for graphic editing. Also I looked up and first tie I see that there is 512Mb RAM limitation for graphics,,, I think this wont work for games anyway, I'll wait a bit and get an i5 unless there will be any good offer.