No Signal from Acer Monitor

Kenna

Hi there I am having a problem with my Mom's cheap acer monitor. I recently installed a graphics card into her PC and when plugging both a HDMI and a DVI cable into it, there was no resulting signal on the monitor.

I have 2 other computers I built, my main gaming pc as well as a mining rig. I took my moms computer and plugged it into my Asus PB278Q monitor and it worked fine.

I also tested the acer monitor plugging it into all 3 computers I had, none of them displayed a signal on the acer monitor. I also tried several different HDMI cable's as well as 1 DVI cable, and still no signal.

At this stage I thought it was something wrong with the monitor, but I tested it with a small TV Set Top Box (for regular tv) and It worked, also when plugging it into a old cheap acer laptop via HDMI it also worked.

I am pretty damn confused now, why this monitor is working with the acer laptop and set top box, but not the 3 desktop PC's I have in the house (all desktop's including my mom's I built)

Any Idea's. 

The acer monitor was working fine for around 2-3 months. when plugged into my Mom's Computer via a VGA cable, It was only when installing the Graphics card in it that it refused to show a signal. Also when I plugged in a HDMI cable into the motherboard out (graphics card removed) it also didn't work.

34 minutes ago, Kenna said:

Hi there I am having a problem with my Mom's cheap acer monitor. I recently installed a graphics card into her PC and when plugging both a HDMI and a DVI cable into it, there was no resulting signal on the monitor.

I have 2 other computers I built, my main gaming pc as well as a mining rig. I took my moms computer and plugged it into my Asus PB278Q monitor and it worked fine.

I also tested the acer monitor plugging it into all 3 computers I had, none of them displayed a signal on the acer monitor. I also tried several different HDMI cable's as well as 1 DVI cable, and still no signal.

At this stage I thought it was something wrong with the monitor, but I tested it with a small TV Set Top Box (for regular tv) and It worked, also when plugging it into a old cheap acer laptop via HDMI it also worked.

I am pretty damn confused now, why this monitor is working with the acer laptop and set top box, but not the 3 desktop PC's I have in the house (all desktop's including my mom's I built)

Any Idea's. 

The acer monitor was working fine for around 2-3 months. when plugged into my Mom's Computer via a VGA cable, It was only when installing the Graphics card in it that it refused to show a signal. Also when I plugged in a HDMI cable into the motherboard out (graphics card removed) it also didn't work.

When you plugged into a separate computer what did your device manager/display manager show on your main screen?

I think, forcing igpu, would help fix the problem, as it was working before with igpu. The problem i am having though, is whenever I change the setting and power off the computer the bios settings revert back to default.

I have read that this could be a problem with the battery on the motherboard.

Would replacing it help and stop the bios settings reverting back to stock, when the PC loses power.

I'm having a similar problem with an AOC monitor, it's connected into my gpu with a dvi to VGA adapter and it's not showing up on device manager or in the settings