Random GPU gripe ('bonus' games)

PineyCreek

Nvidia and its partners (AMD as well) have this lovely habit of offering free games when higher-end cards are purchased.  Bought my 1080Ti on Newegg, and got a free copy of Rocket League, a $60 value (which is silly, it has never cost $60.  Ever.), and now they offer Destiny 2, which in a way I was slightly looking forward to.

(when I was your age story coming up)

So when I went to a computer convention with my Dad back in the early 1990's, we got our first CD-ROM drive and sound card...the Sound Blaster 16 card (ISA interface) kit that came with a 2X CD-ROM (300 KB/s!), a pair of ok for the time speakers, and a game disc...which had Wing Commander 2 with the extra missions, Strike Commander, Syndicate Plus, and Ultima VIII: Pagan.  Now THAT was something awesome to be included in a major purchase.

well be happy you get anything extra you dont buy stuff to get free stuff, you buy stuff to get what you want to buy.

I bought the HTC vive when it came with 3 free games, and the game were trash, then they had a new deal like evey two weeks and it got better each time such as a cheaper vive + games or a vive+1070 for $1000 and now they have vive + bridge crew + $50 steam card for $750 +tax. my vive alone was $900 after tax and shipping 

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal