Looking for 140mm fans for a Corsair Carbide 330R Titanium

Wyre

So, I have built a bit of a Frankenstein case. It started out life as a 330R Titanium case with a damaged case side this was purchased for 11 dollars. Then I replaced the damaged case side with the windowed panel from a 300R, this cost me 20 dollars. So I have a very nice (if slightly odd) Computer case that now has another issue. The supplied fans are terrible... I mean god awful pieces of trash. At 900 RPM they vibrate hard enough to set up resonance on my desk.

So I am in the market for a full set of fans (6 in total) I would like to go PWM, but that isnt really necessary as the motherboard has built in voltage control for DC fan speed control.

Currently I am looking at the following fans:

Vardar F2-14 : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072BWC5W4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AVGUSX8EUG9VS&psc=1

Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B14-PS Black : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZXZ996G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=AEELF2HAVZFED&psc=1

The NB-eLoop B14-PS is 30 dollars each, but the EK fans are 40 for 2 fans.

I do not like the look of the Noctua fans, and two of the fans will be mounted in the window for everyone to see... So, I am really not interested in the Noctua fans. Really wish that the Gentle Typhoon was made in a 140mm variant... alas it was never to be.

Please give me some ideas, I have been looking at 140mm fans for three weeks, and I am starting to get a headache. Thank you for your time.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

Just to make sure-- are you sure that the resonance is from the fans and not from something else like hdd's? 

The stock case fans don't vibrate that much from my experience. Does stopping the fans with your hands stop the noise?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The vibrations are dependent to fan speed, I would imagine that if my two HDDs were causing this much vibration that they wouldn't be functional. It really is a very serious amount of vibration... One of the fans is already making the growling noise of a failed bearing.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

12 minutes ago, Wyre said:

The vibrations are dependent to fan speed, I would imagine that if my two HDDs were causing this much vibration that they wouldn't be functional. It really is a very serious amount of vibration... One of the fans is already making the growling noise of a failed bearing.

HDD's usually cause much more vibration than fans and it doesn't necessarily mean the drives are going bad. You should stop the fans with your hands to see if that stops the noise. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Already way ahead of you, there is no vibrations in the case when I shut all the fans down. I know that at least one of the fans is completely gone, the bearings are dead. Just need better replacements than the 7 dollar trash that came in the case.

19 hours ago, verytiny said:

phanteks ph-f140hp ii but it has 120mm fan mounts

That fan will not fit my application. It is a 140mm fan, but the screw holes will not line up with the holes in the case.

Since you are unable to see the front two fans grab two Noctua pressure fans and slap them in there for intake. The Noiseblockers look to be better case fans than the Vardars, though I couldn't tell you from experience. If you are using an AIO, grab the Vardar's for it while using noiseblockers for the other visible fan slots.  Now, with air cooling use the front and side panel for intake and the rear/top fans for exhaust. With an AIO, use the front and top as intakes with the rear and side panel fans as exhaust unless you're sticking it in an enclosed area.

Idk if they'd work for your needs of not but you could look at Corsair ML140 fans?

I've got 3 120mm ML120 fans in my main desktop and they seem decent enough.  They are PWM btw. 

My only concern is I don't know if these fans are suitable for a radiator or not.  That would be something to investigate.  

On 6/23/2017 at 9:13 PM, Wyre said:

Already way ahead of you, there is no vibrations in the case when I shut all the fans down. I know that at least one of the fans is completely gone, the bearings are dead. Just need better replacements than the 7 dollar trash that came in the case.

SW3's are great: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/bkJkcf/be-quiet-bl067-595-cfm-140mm-fan-bl067

If you need more cooling, there's a higher rpm variant available: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/bkJkcf/be-quiet-bl067-595-cfm-140mm-fan-bl067

NF-P14S are a bit cheaper but also very good: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/8r9KHx/noctua-case-fan-nfp14sredux1500pwm

If you value more performance and don't need the fans to be as quiet, Vardars are good.

If you want to go with NB eLoops, they're excellent but pricier.--the non-pwm variant also has smoother acoustics.  

14 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Idk if they'd work for your needs of not but you could look at Corsair ML140 fans?

I've got 3 120mm ML120 fans in my main desktop and they seem decent enough.  They are PWM btw. 

My only concern is I don't know if these fans are suitable for a radiator or not.  That would be something to investigate.  

ML's are fine for rads but they aren't that quiet. 

Ended up buying the fans that I dont like... but at least they are not puke and brown colored. Noctua NF-P14s @ 1200rpm