Connection Drops Dramatically When Downloading!

I have a wired connection that gives about 9 ping, 500-700 download speed, and 50 upload speed according to speedtest.net. But whenever I start downloading any games from steam, my connection immediately drops to 20-100 kbps! I don't know what to do or if it has to do with the drivers and I need help Immediately. I sue to have a usb adapter before I went Ethernet.

Capture.PNG

that's normal...Whenever you download anything on the internet especially games, it uses a lot of your bandwidth and increases your ping

If you want to play games without lag, disable the download/update and enable it only when you are doing something that high ping won't matter

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

22 minutes ago, Diego_Torrealba said:

I have a wired connection that gives about 9 ping, 500-700 download speed, and 50 upload speed according to speedtest.net. But whenever I start downloading any games from steam, my connection immediately drops to 20-100 kbps! I don't know what to do or if it has to do with the drivers and I need help Immediately. I sue to have a usb adapter before I went Ethernet.

Try to reboot your router? Also, perhaps update your lan drivers. Strange issue. Is it repeatable? Have you tried to reboot?

Good luck!

Edited by Aelar_Nailo
Quoted picture :-(
As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!