"No bootable device found"

Hi! First of all, I think this is where I should be posting this, if not, just leave a comment telling me where to go (thanks in advance). Now to the problem. I bought a bunch of really nice parts (https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Tqkv7h) that work really well, all the MOBO lights turn on, it posts to BIOS, fans turn on, CPU gets hot. The problem is, when I got to BIOS, it says "no bootable device found". The HDD works in other computers (like the one that I am using right now) along with the SATA cable. In BIOS it says that there are no SATA ports that are being used and that the one time it showed up (I'm still not sure why it did but it went away after the first click) it said no media found. I've tried everything, such as trying a new PSU, swapping out both the SATA cables and a new HDD, moving RAM slots, trying new SATA ports (there are 6 on the motherboard) reseating the CPU, everything that I could find, only to get the same message. Windows 10 are on both of the HDD.

EDIT: I replaced the motherboard with the same one.

That's very strange

try updating BIOS, and then sticking in windows 10 creation media to boot off that - see if it works then.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

If he parts are second hand i would say it sounds like someone has disabled the SATA/IDE controller, Most BIOS will use the IDE call out even for SATA drive. If its brand new then it may be that the board it defective and I would take it back/send it back. I would also check different drives in the same computer just out of curiosity. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

@M.Yurizaki Sorry I forgot to mention that I just got in today the same motherboard since I requested that I just get a replacement (I got the original off of Amazon) also since I'm a pleb I don't know what RMAing a motherboard is

@RadiatingLight I'm not sure what Windows 10 creation Media is 

@fixitnow All the parts are brand new except for the GPU, which is refurbished off of Newegg

yes, it is too soon to RMA .some Drives have bios updates, go to seagate website and see you can find any bios flashes or drivers.

4 minutes ago, tafkar said:

@M.Yurizaki Sorry I forgot to mention that I just got in today the same motherboard since I requested that I just get a replacement (I got the original off of Amazon) also since I'm a pleb I don't know what RMAing a motherboard is

RMA is return for a replacement or refund, basically.

1 minute ago, Sinole said:

yes, it is too soon to RMA .some Drives have bios updates, go to seagate website and see you can find any bios flashes or drivers.

Considering that the motherboard and hard drive both use a standard that hasn't been updated in almost 7 years, I find it hard to believe the hard drive needs a firmware update. Especially since OP stated it works on another computer.

But eh. Maybe it does.

3 minutes ago, tafkar said:

@RadiatingLight I'm not sure what Windows 10 creation Media is 

@fixitnow All the parts are brand new except for the GPU, which is refurbished off of Newegg

wow dude you know that you wont boot into windows by just assembling computer. you need a windows 10 boot media

3 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Anyway, I suppose you could ensure that all of the ports are set for AHCI.

But barring that, I'm kind of stumped at the moment.

well think all he has to do is to put a boot media in and partition the derive. you are all good.

the thing is if you windows 10 pre installed on a HDD it will not boot. you can creat a boot media for free on microsoft.com . once you boot on the usb if you really have windows installed it will always boot.

@Sinole So what will happen if I install a boot media onto a hard drive that already has Windows 10 (like on the one that I am using now)?

21 minutes ago, tafkar said:

@Sinole So what will happen if I install a boot media onto a hard drive that already has Windows 10 (like on the one that I am using now)?

nothing, if it is the same edition of windows, for example you cannot install a windows 10 pro on a hard drive with windows 10 home edition.

i would suggest before you install anything register your licence on a Microsoft Account. before Microsoft account, even if you changed something like your motherboard you might have lost your windows licence or you had to call Microsoft and go through a tedious process to recover it. and id suggest you make sure you have your valid serial number.

honestly I have never bought a hard Drive with windows pre installed. if you are borrowing it from another computer. it might not work. because then you have a completely different mac address and different specs. but again Microsoft gave you the option to link your licence to Microsoft account . so you can always transfer it to your new upgraded computer. basically you can always use that licence on one computer.

@Sinole So I would just download WIndows 10 to like a flash drive and plug in a new hard drive?

12 minutes ago, Sinole said:

nothing, if it is the same edition of windows, for example you cannot install a windows 10 pro on a hard drive with windows 10 home edition.

but did you create boot media and tried to boot from that, because boot media connects firmware to software with a special magic that i donot understand.  i was swapping my frinds hard drive with ssd after we finished installing windows he remmebered he need some files from hard drive. it was a very slow drive so decryption process was taking to long. we decided to put the hard back in, but it didn't boot, same message that you got no bootable drive. so just made bootable media and booted it from that and it worked like a charm.

1 minute ago, tafkar said:

@Sinole So I would just download WIndows 10 to like a flash drive and plug in a new hard drive?

yes, if you have a valid windows on hard drive just like my friends scenario it might work for you as well. boot from flash drive and its don. you dont need flash drive ever again.

@Sinole So I downloaded the boot media onto the old HDD, do I click on anything or do I just download it and what

you have to creat bootmedia on a flashdrive, after you download you have to click it and it will ask you if you want to upgrade or make a botable drive. you choose bootable drive. the put a 8GB or more flash drive in and let ti creat bootdrive. after that connect it to your new computer with the new hard drive that has windows. but boot the flash. and it will do the magic.

@Sinole I do on the old one, but that one also has a lot of stuff on it, will it still work with the USB boot media stuff

oh then you need to buy windows licence. and use that licence to install the windows on new hard drive.

the same flash drive that you made for boot can install windows.