GTX 1080TI Benq XL2411 144Hz Problem

Just upgraded to a 1080ti founders addition and discoverd that they removed the DVI Dual-D and you get a adapter. The adapter is DVI Dual-D to display port . Im lost now as my monitors do not have display ports and this adapter does not seem to be able to use 144Hz.

I have re installed all drivers, re installed windows tried every hdmi cable in the house, i have also purchased a display port to hdmi cable DMI-Male-Plug-Display-Monitor-TV-Cable

This is HDMI V1.3b compliant so should work right ?

No matter what i do i can not get in nvidia controll pannel to get to 144Hz its just locked at 60hZ. I have blown my budget on the card and will be saving for 4k Monitors in the future so that is not a option right now.

If anyone can help me i would be most appreceated thanks

have you tried right clicking the desktop, going to display settings. Then go down to display adapter properties, click the monitor tab in the new windows and change the Hz from there?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

yes mate thats what i have been trying with all the different leads. Its locked to 60Hz for some strange reason. I have tried with only one monitor connected also. Both monitors are the same make and brand

Reading online it seems you need very specific adapters. I have no experience with dvi so I'm really not much use. But the results on this google search seems to have quite a few posts regarding your issue.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=displayport+to+dvi+144hz&oq=displayp&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i57j0l3.7588j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Thank you for taking the time to reply, the problem is i have the adapter i got it with the graphics card in the box. I Have a idia i will go test the adapter on my sons 780Ti and if it gives me 60Hz with the adapter and 144Hz without we have a winner winner chicken dinner. Just wanna say if the adapter is rubbish on such a high end card thats a disgrace to the consumer.

1 minute ago, J3rkMyTurk3y said:

Thank you for taking the time to reply, the problem is i have the adapter i got it with the graphics card in the box. I Have a idia i will go test the adapter on my sons 780Ti and if it gives me 60Hz with the adapter and 144Hz without we have a winner winner chicken dinner. Just wanna say if the adapter is rubbish on such a high end card thats a disgrace to the consumer.

Good luck, let me know how it goes. And yeah you're right, I can't really see Nvidia providing an adapter that isn't really fit for the job.

yes sir you was right its the adapter i plug it in on the 780ti im locked to 60Hz i unplug it and plug in the DVI-D and i can choose 144Hz. Thanks for your time mate illl order one now

1 hour ago, J3rkMyTurk3y said:

yes sir you was right its the adapter i plug it in on the 780ti im locked to 60Hz i unplug it and plug in the DVI-D and i can choose 144Hz. Thanks for your time mate illl order one now

No worries, glad you got the the cause of the problem :)

ok i went out this morning and got a hdmi 1.4 compatible cable and still will not run 144hz

Look here

7 hours ago, J3rkMyTurk3y said:

ok i went out this morning and got a hdmi 1.4 compatible cable and still will not run 144hz

Look here

See here, there is a section specifically about this:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/729232-guide-to-display-cables-adapters-v2/?section=high_refresh_displays