Lucio Themed Case Mod

I think this is in the right thread. It it isn't please let me know and I'll figure out how to move it! 

I have a very basic mATX case, with some mid-range hardware in it. I'm planning on picking up some RGB fans and RGB strips in order to give my case a green-yellow pulsing theme, like Lucio from Overwatch. I'm trying to decide what the best way is to add a Lucio (the character in Overwatch) theme to my build. Right now I'm leaning toward using a dremel tool to cut some variety of logo into the side of the case for the lights to shine through, and to show off the parts inside. I have two questions: will drilling into the side cause thermal problems? Also (and this one is more of a long shot, but might as well ask) can anyone recommend a design? The one I've linked won't work because of the eyes and mouth of the frog, but it conveys the general idea. 

il_fullxfull.1081382215_tvcu.thumb.jpg.2f8a278b74ad0dfdda6a1985a92160ba.jpg

Everything I know I learned from the internet. Also school. 

Current Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.65 ghz, Cryorig H7

MoBo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super OC

RAM: 2x8 gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @2666mhz

PSU: 650W EVGA SuperNova

Storage: 120gb SK Hynix SSD, 240gb SanDisk SSD Plus, 1 TB 2015 WD Blue

Case: Corsair Carbide 100R

Peripherals: Logitech G Pro keyboard, Razer DeathAdder Elite, Logitech G305, Logitech G600, 24" AOC FreeSync 1080p monitor x2

7 minutes ago, TraskJ said:

I think this is in the right thread. It it isn't please let me know and I'll figure out how to move it! 

I have a very basic mATX case, with some mid-range hardware in it. I'm planning on picking up some RGB fans and RGB strips in order to give my case a green-yellow pulsing theme, like Lucio from Overwatch. I'm trying to decide what the best way is to add a Lucio (the character in Overwatch) theme to my build. Right now I'm leaning toward using a dremel tool to cut some variety of logo into the side of the case for the lights to shine through, and to show off the parts inside. I have two questions: will drilling into the side cause thermal problems? Also (and this one is more of a long shot, but might as well ask) can anyone recommend a design? The one I've linked won't work because of the eyes and mouth of the frog, but it conveys the general idea. 

il_fullxfull.1081382215_tvcu.thumb.jpg.2f8a278b74ad0dfdda6a1985a92160ba.jpg

Technically speaking, you can simply have a vinyl made of that logo, and put it on a tempered glass side panel of any case of your choosing. Or, find a company that does glass etching, and have them etch that logo in it. It would have a smokey, less-transparent look on the design, but it would look pretty amazing. As for airflow, no, having cuts in the side panel shouldn't hurt airflow to any degree, just be mindful of your pressure (you want neutral or slightly positive) to keep dust from coming in to the case.

And it's obligatory that I say this... "Look at this build, it's gonna be great"

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

26 minutes ago, MageTank said:

Technically speaking, you can simply have a vinyl made of that logo, and put it on a tempered glass side panel of any case of your choosing. Or, find a company that does glass etching, and have them etch that logo in it. It would have a smokey, less-transparent look on the design, but it would look pretty amazing. As for airflow, no, having cuts in the side panel shouldn't hurt airflow to any degree, just be mindful of your pressure (you want neutral or slightly positive) to keep dust from coming in to the case.

And it's obligatory that I say this... "Look at this build, it's gonna be great"

*claps* A+ reference!

Everything I know I learned from the internet. Also school. 

Current Desktop:

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.65 ghz, Cryorig H7

MoBo: Asus Prime X470-Pro

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super OC

RAM: 2x8 gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @2666mhz

PSU: 650W EVGA SuperNova

Storage: 120gb SK Hynix SSD, 240gb SanDisk SSD Plus, 1 TB 2015 WD Blue

Case: Corsair Carbide 100R

Peripherals: Logitech G Pro keyboard, Razer DeathAdder Elite, Logitech G305, Logitech G600, 24" AOC FreeSync 1080p monitor x2