d

FoxAxe

Yes it is and you made a double post, this does happen here.....sometimes.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

yeah, it's more than enough and psu seems good quality. but why beefcake cooler and z270 board with locked i7?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Yes it'll be enough though it's a little low quality considering how high end your build is. I would go for at least a GQ or Seasonic G series psu, preferably a G2/G3 or something like am Rmx or Rmi.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

GTX 1080 = 180W

i7 7700 = 95W

maybe 100W for the rest

like 400W maybe, and the PSU is around 85% efficient so yeah it's enough 

85% efficiency has nothing to do with how much power it will output but rather how much power it will consume in order to achieve 600 watts

Also side note, why a locked CPU with an overclockable mobo and such a nice CPU cooler? It seems kind of a waste...

4 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

Dont use pure power..its their budget line up.

Pure-silent-shadow-dark.

Get something like Corsair Cxm Grey unit or Evga g2 if u have the money it cost around <$80 USD for G2

CXM isn't that much better. I would rate electrical performance at about the same (CXM has better ripple but pure power 10 has better regulation) but they both use sleeve bearing fans.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, FoxAxe said:

What do i gain if i change pure power 10 600w for one of your suggestions? Im trying to get the price as low as possible

-better electrical performance (basically it makes your other components like your motherboard for example less likely to die over time)

-better components, like capacitors for example (makes your psu more likely to last longer without dying)

-longer warranty (pretty obvious)

-better fan (the pure power 10 has a sleeve bearing fan which don't usually last that long)

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, FoxAxe said:

Well i can get i7 7700 non k for 295euros and of i buy the i7 7700k it will cost me sroumd 360euros worth it?

you should get a b250 or h270 chipset instead f z270 

2 minutes ago, FoxAxe said:

Well i can get i7 7700 non k for 295euros and of i buy the i7 7700k it will cost me sroumd 360euros worth it?

Possibly, yes.

The thing is, right now you're paying less for a locked CPU, but you're paying more for a motherboard that supports overclocking and you're paying more for a good CPU cooler that is unneeded (if you don't want to go with a stock cooler for noise reasons, a 50 euro or so cooler is unnecessary, a 25-30 euro one like the be quiet shadow rock would be enough).

Because right now you could instead get a 7700+b250 or h270 mobo+shadow rock and save probably around €70 or so and still end up with about the same performance.

Or you could pay the extra for a 7700k, assuming you're interested in overclocking, and probably overclock to around 4.8 or 4.9 ghz which might give you a performance boost in a few games.

Because right now you're basically sitting in the middle of the road, getting the worst from both sides (higher cost and can't overclock).

Basically if you're interested in overclocking and keeping the CPU for maybe another 2-3 years at least I would recommend you go for the 7700k instead, otherwise I would recommend you downgrade the mobo to a b250 or h270 one and get a cheaper CPU cooler like the be quiet shadow rock and save some money.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, FoxAxe said:

I will consider that how much chraper is it in average?

It depends on how low you're willing to go on the mobo, if you're willing to go down to an entry level ish b250 mobo you could save as much as €50, if you wanted to still have some more features and io and what not you could go to an h270 mobo and save €20-€30. Add in another €20-€30 for the costs saved by getting a cheaper CPU cooler.

Do this:

Or this:

@DocSwag

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Home Server:

Spoiler

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Jorgen297 said:

is this true lol? cuz if it is i can run more GPUs on my pc

Yeah usually how it works is you have a 600 watt psu drawing 600/.85 watts from the outlet. Otherwise what would be the point of even giving a psu a psu wattage it can't even achieve? That being said it's not recommended to run a psu near its maximum power draw as if you have a weird influx in power draw your computer will crash.

Do not say this thread is gonna be locked because of duplicate posts!

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

17 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

is this true lol? cuz if it is i can run more GPUs on my pc

Efficiency of the psu... lets say your PC components are drawing 100w of power. If you have a PSU that is 80% efficient, it will really draw 125w from the AC outlet.

@OP 600w is perfectly fine as long as its not a complete crap PSU, be quiet is good. Otherwise I'd recommend the EVGA G2, comes with 7 years of warranty and amazing customer service.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16817438054

Threads merged.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

1 hour ago, FoxAxe said:

Could you list me some relly good 90-70 power supplies 600w min 

And what do you think of Corsair VS650? Its on sale for 58.89 euros and its seems like a relly good deal

Is it reliable?

And if i buy it off amazon. De do i get the warranty and what kind of warranty does it get?

I already addressed your issue in a PM but no, do not buy the VS650 for your system.

2 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Yeah usually how it works is you have a 600 watt psu drawing 600/.85 watts from the outlet. Otherwise what would be the point of even giving a psu a psu wattage it can't even achieve? That being said it's not recommended to run a psu near its maximum power draw as if you have a weird influx in power draw your computer will crash.

Nope.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

I already addressed your issue in a PM but no, do not buy the VS650 for your system.

Nope.

Can you be more specific as to what I said that you disagree with? I mean the thread seems to agree with what I said so idk what you meant.

21 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Can you be more specific as to what I said that you disagree with? I mean the thread seems to agree with what I said so idk what you meant.

The 80 PLUS efficiency ordeal. Lots of random info was being tossed around so I threw down the big hammer.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

1 hour ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

The 80 PLUS efficiency ordeal. Lots of random info was being tossed around so I threw down the big hammer.

Yeah I was just trying to correct them on the 600w being 600w no matter the efficiency