Total N00B need help

Guarino

I've bought a YI action camera, and in order to work with my current SD Card, i need to modify the firmware, and precisely the access frequency of the sd card, from 120Mhz to 100Mhz. I am already using a modified firmware i found online, which comes with the "changelog": 

Detailed change list:
At 0x0469E84: changed value from 0x000E2707 to 0x00E1F505 (access frequency in Hertz)
At 0x3378D90: changed value from 0xFEDC752F to 0xA89C23B3 (crc checksum)

Values are little endian encoded.

I've tried to open the firmware with an hex editor, but can't find the right lines the author modified (and which i will need to modify in the future). can someone please explain me how to do it? if i want update firmware and maintain compatibility with sd card, i have to modify this by myself.

Where does it say to change the frequency?

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

21 minutes ago, LUUD18 said:

Where does it say to change the frequency?

you can read more about it here https://github.com/irungentoo/Xiaomi_Yi_4k_Camera/issues/9

i have actually managed to find the lines, but it seems they are not constant in every single file...so i need a way to recognise the (at least the access frequency line). or maybe a different editor which will show actual code.

On 23.6.2017 at 3:14 PM, Guarino said:

I've bought a YI action camera, and in order to work with my current SD Card, i need to modify the firmware, and precisely the access frequency of the sd card, from 120Mhz to 100Mhz. I am already using a modified firmware i found online, which comes with the "changelog": 

Detailed change list:
At 0x0469E84: changed value from 0x000E2707 to 0x00E1F505 (access frequency in Hertz)
At 0x3378D90: changed value from 0xFEDC752F to 0xA89C23B3 (crc checksum)

Values are little endian encoded.

I've tried to open the firmware with an hex editor, but can't find the right lines the author modified (and which i will need to modify in the future). can someone please explain me how to do it? if i want update firmware and maintain compatibility with sd card, i have to modify this by myself.

Perhaps the endianness is not what you expect? 0x00E1F505 would show as 05 F5 E1 00 on a little-endian system, for example.