razer kraken pro v2 vs kraken 7.1 v2

hello, i am confused between the razer kraken pro v2 and the razer kraken 7.1 v2 as i am able to buy both at the same price. but the 7.1 has a usb connector and  i want to use my headphones with my phone too. people say that the headsets with usb connectors tend to be better then the 3.5mm audio jack one on audio quality as it has the amp and dack inbuilt but  i have a good mobo the asus crosshair vi which has the supremefx sound card, so will the 7.1's audio  be better OR  the kraken pro v2 with supremefx. i dont know that i will be needing  the 7.1 surround sound or not are there any benefits? (I now what is 7.1 surround sound)

17 minutes ago, Abhinavp said:

hello, i am confused between the razer kraken pro v2 and the razer kraken 7.1 v2 as i am able to buy both at the same price. but the 7.1 has a usb connector and  i want to use my headphones with my phone too. people say that the headsets with usb connectors tend to be better then the 3.5mm audio jack one on audio quality as it has the amp and dack inbuilt but  i have a good mobo the asus crosshair vi which has the supremefx sound card, so will the 7.1's audio  be better OR  the kraken pro v2 with supremefx. i dont know that i will be needing  the 7.1 surround sound or not are there any benefits? (I now what is 7.1 surround sound)

3,5mm are better if you have somewhat decent onboard audio, otherwise the usb ones might be the way to go, though the usb soundcardsa really low end. I'D go for the 3,5mm variant

12 minutes ago, Tiwaz said:

3,5mm are better if you have somewhat decent onboard audio, otherwise the usb ones might be the way to go, though the usb soundcardsa really low end. I'D go for the 3,5mm variant

and also the 7.1's dont have in-line volume adjuster!

i will definitely go with the razer kraken pro v2!!!

thanx 

• 2 months later...

Well, first the stuff I know - The v2 does not have RGB lighting on the ear cups @volcanzo.

Second, analog signal (3.5mm, XLR, etc) is always better than digital (USB etc) IF, as Tiwaz said, the signal is kept clean by having a good soundcard, amp/dac, etc.

However... Ugh, don't buy Razer headsets. They're cheaply made, I find them uncomfortable, the mic is garbage, and the sound quality is middle of the road at best.

Their 7.1 surround sound software is good, but last I checked its also free and works with anything you buy... so... not exactly extra points. (Of course 7.1 sound doesn't necessarily help every game equally either)

Anyway, I wrote this last month @Abhinavp https://antlionaudio.com/blogs/news/dont-buy-gamer-headsets that really outlines the issues. Obviously I am wayyyy bias (See my signature) but as I point out in the very first paragraph this article is about the general categories of gamer headsets vs. headphones and mics, not about our specific product.

Good luck with your new cans either way though!

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

On 9/12/2017 at 10:58 PM, AAJoe said:

Well, first the stuff I know - The v2 does not have RGB lighting on the ear cups @volcanzo.

Second, analog signal (3.5mm, XLR, etc) is always better than digital (USB etc) IF, as Tiwaz said, the signal is kept clean by having a good soundcard, amp/dac, etc.

However... Ugh, don't buy Razer headsets. They're cheaply made, I find them uncomfortable, the mic is garbage, and the sound quality is middle of the road at best.

Their 7.1 surround sound software is good, but last I checked its also free and works with anything you buy... so... not exactly extra points. (Of course 7.1 sound doesn't necessarily help every game equally either)

Anyway, I wrote this last month @Abhinavp https://antlionaudio.com/blogs/news/dont-buy-gamer-headsets that really outlines the issues. Obviously I am wayyyy bias (See my signature) but as I point out in the very first paragraph this article is about the general categories of gamer headsets vs. headphones and mics, not about our specific product.

Good luck with your new cans either way though!

Thank you for the info bro!