i have a zotac 1080 ti amp extrem ed thottling at 57 c

thomas3010

i have a zotac 1080 ti amp extrem ed thottling at 57 c is this right 

Just now, thomas3010 said:

can you please elaborate with your question?

throttling? what exactly did it do? it didn't just have a popup message saying: this card is throttling at 57C

Just now, thomas3010 said:

I doubt it is "throttling" due to temps. Could you include an example of the throttling?

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ stock for now --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16Gb --- MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Formula --- GPU: MSI Gaming GTX 980ti --- PSU: Corsair AX860i  ---  Storage: Samsung 850 250gb(OS), 3x Western Digital Blue 3tb (one for game and programs, two for media), 3tb WD Green(somewhat backup) and a Crucial M550 120gb SSD (caching games and programs drive)  --- Case: Fractal Define R5 --- Cooler: Corsair H100i with Noctua 2000rpm, Industrial Fans --- OS: Windows 10 --- Monitor: Asus PB298q + AOC l2260SWD --- Mouse: Logitech G502 Spectrum --- Keyboard: Corsair K70 (Cherry MX Red) Red LED's --- Audio: Audio Engine A2's (yes the originals), Sennheiser HD 58x Jubilee Audio-Technica ATH-AD900x, Audio-Technica ATH-M50x, Ant Lion Mod Mic V4 --- Laptop: Dell XPS 9750 

yeah sorry am playing around with oc i added 45 mhz to gpu clock offset then 100 mhz to mem clock and in bench mark i see it go to 2037 then when it hits 57 it goes down to 2027 

39 minutes ago, astrosheen said:

I doubt it is "throttling" due to temps. Could you include an example of the throttling?

yeah sorry am playing around with oc i added 45 mhz to gpu clock offset then 100 mhz to mem clock and in bench mark i see it go to 2037 then when it hits 57 it goes down to 2027 

40 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

can you please elaborate with your question?

throttling? what exactly did it do? it didn't just have a popup message saying: this card is throttling at 57C

Perfectly normal operation, it is not throttling, that is GPU boost 3.0 finding the highest frequency for the given card conditions. As temp goes up the clocks will drop one tick at a time. You can try to minimize that by increasing fan speed to keep temps lower but temp, voltage and power limit will all cause clock drops as the temperature, load and conditions change. You can minimize the effect but cannot prevent the effect.

Edited by Maxxtraxx
Grammar