Help me, I can't like babies.

TommyTwommy
22 hours ago, berny22 said:

I really want to like babies, but I just can't..

Don't worry, I had two of them and I really didn't like that stage either. They aren't any better as toddlers for that matter. I'm so glad that one of mine is clear of those stages now and the other is very nearly.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

Don't think off a baby like bald wrinkly small person, think off him/her like the offspring of your cousin. Your little cousin. The person who will say uncle to you in a couple years time.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

On 6/23/2017 at 3:41 AM, berny22 said:

I'm the kind of person who doesn't really get happy for others when it comes to that kind of stuff..

not because I don't want to, or because I'm jealous, envious or something.. probably cuz I'm a bit retarded I guess..

I mean if someone won the lottery I wouldn't be happy for that person bcz I'd be envious.. but really this has nothing to do with that, I just don't have that "feeling happy for others" feeling built into me.. when someone gifts me something I'll be like "ok thanks" I won't be like "OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH IDK HOW TO THANK YOU blah blah."

When I meet someone I'll just say "hi." I won't be like omfg I haven't seen your for so long (haven't seen him for since yesterday), how are you doing, how is life?

I know stuff I just said might not be related to the topic, but what I'm going for here is that I'm not really a sensitive kind of person.

You are either a sociopath or lying to yourself about your feelings of jealousy.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 6/24/2017 at 6:24 PM, Misanthrope said:

You are either a sociopath or lying to yourself about your feelings of jealousy.

Lol, well I'm surely not lying about the jealousy part.. I mean what is there to jealous of anyways? Sociopath? I'm far from that..

Sociopath symptoms:

lack of shame - I'm pretty shameful

constantly lying - I lie very little and I hate people who constantly and obviously lie...

extremely charming and generous — at least at first - I'm never extremely charming or generous as I already said..

manipulative - I actually haven't done anything of this kind in my life

violent - I might be the least violent man on earth lol.. I never got into a fight and never felt the urge to hit somebody..

huge ego - i actually think I lack selfrespect

few real friends - well, this is somewhat true..

CPU & COOLER - INTEL i9 12900K | NZXT KRAKEN X62

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

GPU - ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 TUF

RAM - 2x16GB KINGSTON FURY 3200MHZ

PSU - PHANTEKS REVOLT PRO 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

SSD #1 - CORSAIR SN850 1TB

SSD #2 - CORSAIR SN850X 4TB

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

CASE - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500A D-RGB

MOUSE #1 - LOGITECH G502 X Wireless

KEYBOARD - AKKO 5108B PLUS

SPEAKERS - SVS PB-1000 + 2x ADAM A3X

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

1 hour ago, berny22 said:

Lol, well I'm surely not lying about the jealousy part.. I mean what is there to jealous of anyways? Sociopath? I'm far from that..

Sociopath symptoms:

lack of shame - I'm pretty shameful

constantly lying - I lie very little and I hate people who constantly and obviously lie...

extremely charming and generous — at least at first - I'm never extremely charming or generous as I already said..

manipulative - I actually haven't done anything of this kind in my life

violent - I might be the least violent man on earth lol.. I never got into a fight and never felt the urge to hit somebody..

huge ego - i actually think I lack selfrespect

few real friends - well, this is somewhat true..

If I was to be graceful to you I might conclude you could be socially awkward maybe even have social anxiety and you shield yourself behind being edgy and being "down" on kids. That'd be fine just who you are but if that is the case, you will dislike this but it will change with age: As you grow older you probably will have at least one long term relationship and having a kid will sound increasingly as less of a shit idea.

If you end up having a kid though, Biology will take over and you won't be able to do much about it: Even the most bitter fucking asshole in the world changes his attitude about his own kid, we're programmed that way.

-------

Current Rig

-------

13 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

If I was to be graceful to you I might conclude you could be socially awkward maybe even have social anxiety and you shield yourself behind being edgy and being "down" on kids. That'd be fine just who you are but if that is the case, you will dislike this but it will change with age: As you grow older you probably will have at least one long term relationship and having a kid will sound increasingly as less of a shit idea.

If you end up having a kid though, Biology will take over and you won't be able to do much about it: Even the most bitter fucking asshole in the world changes his attitude about his own kid, we're programmed that way.

I'm actually not shielding anything with not liking kids. I really do not like them. I read the symptoms of social anxiety, and I can actually find myself there.

I really do not like any of these, I mean I don't freak out as it says in the article, but I'm not enjoying myself either:

Being introduced to other people
Being teased or criticized
Being the center of attention
Being watched while doing something

but who likes being criticized or in the center of attention?

Interpersonal relationships, whether friendships or romantic

I actually have no problems with my friendships or relationships.. I think I'm completely ok when it comes to that..

Most social encounters, especially with strangers

I don't find it hard to talk to people, friends, strangers or my boss.. there are some people I don't like talking to, but I'm sure everyone does..

Meeting people in authority ("important people")

As I said above I don't have problems with this, unlike most people..

I'm not socially awkward though.

CPU & COOLER - INTEL i9 12900K | NZXT KRAKEN X62

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

GPU - ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 TUF

RAM - 2x16GB KINGSTON FURY 3200MHZ

PSU - PHANTEKS REVOLT PRO 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

SSD #1 - CORSAIR SN850 1TB

SSD #2 - CORSAIR SN850X 4TB

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

CASE - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500A D-RGB

MOUSE #1 - LOGITECH G502 X Wireless

KEYBOARD - AKKO 5108B PLUS

SPEAKERS - SVS PB-1000 + 2x ADAM A3X

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

On 6/23/2017 at 4:35 AM, Volbet said:

What does you not liking infants have to do with you not feeling happy about your cousin having a child?

Surely, you can feel happy for someone without you yourself finding happiniess in the same thing. 

Like, I was happy for my neighbours when they bought a car eventhough I don't personally want a car. 

but you probably don't despise cars...

If I'm understanding OP correctly I feel the same way, but I'd fake the happiness if I'm ever in the situation

I really don't like being around younger kids or babies, I've grown too accustomed to not having to be around them and not having to deal with the plethora of dependencies and annoyances involved. It doesn't help that one of my worst nightmares for years has been to have an unplanned child. 

I plan on having at least one child of my own in my life but at this point in my life I like to keep my distance.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

8 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

but you probably don't despise cars...

I would argue that the phenomenology of our feelings are the same, even though I might not feel disgust.

Our feelings both result in not wanting the object our feelings are aimed at.

And neither of our feelings result in destructive behavior aimed at the object.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes