Motherboard + cooling for Ryzen 1600X + OC

What motherboard do you guys recommend for the 1600 and why (heard that the MSI B350 Tomahawk is good)? I've heard good things about its stock cooler but is it good enough if I plan to overclock to... How much should I overclock?

Plan to game on a 1440p 16:9 possibly 144 Hz monitor if this CPU can get over 70 FPS high-ultra on new/future (Destiny 2) games.

Is this CPU good for an Asus Strix 1070 8gb?

the 1600X doesn't include a stock cooler.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Thankfully Ryzen CPUs are really low power so you really need not worry about power delivery on an OC motherboard.

In that price point the one I liked the most is the Gigabyte Gaming 3 https://pcpartpicker.com/product/2pnG3C/gigabyte-ga-ab350-gaming-3-atx-am4-motherboard-ga-ab350-gaming-3

Oh and you should buy the 1600. It overclocks the same and includes a handy stock cooler.

As for cooling, the Cryorig H7 for sure. Best value and good looking.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

the 1600X doesn't include a stock cooler.

my bad. I meant to write 1600

6 minutes ago, Matuka said:

What motherboard do you guys recommend for the 1600x and why (heard that the MSI B350 Tomahawk is good)? I've heard good things about its stock cooler but is it good enough if I plan to overclock to... How much should I overclock?

Plan to game on a 1440p 16:9 possibly 144 Hz monitor if this CPU can get over 70 FPS high-ultra on new/future (Destiny 2) games.

Is this CPU good for an Asus Strix 1070 8gb?

there isn't a stock cooler as stated, the stock cooler on the 1600 works great. my chip runs at 40 celsius in a 30 degree room with 50% fan speed. Grab the 1600 tho if you want to overclock, that 1600x doesn't go that far beyond the 1600. You should be able to get to 3.7 ish with the stock cooler.

Just now, cymbalist said:

there isn't a stock cooler as stated, the stock cooler on the 1600 works great. my chip runs at 40 celsius in a 30 degree room with 50% fan speed. Grab the 1600 tho if you want to overclock, that 1600x doesn't go that far beyond the 1600.

yeah yeah I know that was mistake.