New Ryzen build not posting

thtguy2255

just assembled my new Ryzen build and while the LEDs are turning on inside the case, the fans are not spinning and i see nothing on my monitor. not sure where i went wrong and any help would be deeply appreciated!!

Parts 

Ryzen 1700x

Asus Crosshair VI Hero

Corsair H115i

EVGA Nex750G

Corsair Vengeance 

Asus Strix 180 Ti

Samsung SSD

Western DIgital HHD

you're sure you've got all the GPU/CPU/MB power connectors in place? you're running the DP/HDMI cable from the GPU right? Monitor is set to correct input?

any error codes from the MB (upper right numerical LED)?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

All power connectors are in the correct place ( first time build so im 90 % i got them right ) i am running the hdmi from the gpu yes, tv is set to the proper input. although the spot where a number should be illuminated in the top right corner is not lit up what so ever.

12 minutes ago, thtguy2255 said:

All power connectors are in the correct place ( first time build so im 90 % i got them right ) i am running the hdmi from the gpu yes, tv is set to the proper input. although the spot where a number should be illuminated in the top right corner is not lit up what so ever.

should be one 4-pin next to the CPU 8-pin, the MB on the far right, the pair of 8-pins on the GPU. that should be enough to power it up.

make sure ram is seated correctly, and IN THE CORRECT SLOT PER THE MANUAL.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Yes i checked the RAM over again and they are in the correct spots as the manual states and as for the gpu pins everything is plugged in 

I can't think of any other reason why it wouldn't turn on. how long do you give it to POST?

System specs:

I wanted to like new Ryzen, but despite All of the hype that tech reviewers like, Linus created it is not a good contender for The well established core i Intel cpus. The CPU doesn't overclock that well and it has ram compatibility issues, there are not many rams that are compatible with it Ryzen. and the one that are compatible do not come with a nice granteed overclocking profile. xmp profiles are getting better and better for rams and AMD doesn't have anything like that. you probebly need to replace you Corsair Vengeance , if when you bought those they should have said AMD compatible. I know there are some Corsair Vengeance LPX that are compatible but I saw a jays 2 cent video that he couldn't overclock them at rated speed of 3000 mghz. he swapped them with Flare X. Although if your fans are not spinning i would check the motherboard first. you might need to RMA that. fan situation is very strange.

i let it sit there for a good 10 minutes or so 

12 minutes ago, Sinole said:

I wanted to like new Ryzen, but despite All of the hype that tech reviewers like, Linus created it is not a good contender for The well established core i Intel cpus. The CPU doesn't overclock that well and it has ram compatibility issues, there are not many rams that are compatible with it Ryzen. and the one that are compatible do not come with a nice granteed overclocking profile. xmp profiles are getting better and better for rams and AMD doesn't have anything like that. you probebly need to replace you Corsair Vengeance , if when you bought those they should have said AMD compatible. I know there are some Corsair Vengeance LPX that are compatible but I saw a jays 2 cent video that he couldn't overclock them at rated speed of 3000 mghz. he swapped them with Flare X. Although if your fans are not spinning i would check the motherboard first. you might need to RMA that. fan situation is very strange.

Absolute nonsense. 

You should have a look around at the recent Agesa updates that AMD has implemented - remember Ryzen was a brand new architecture, everytime a new architecture is released, there are these kind of problems. X99 was the same and so was previous iterations from both AMD and Intel.

My ram on Ryzen 1700 posts 3200Mhz XMP so I don't know what you are basing this on - if it's on release that's bad for the reasons above. 

43 minutes ago, thtguy2255 said:

just assembled my new Ryzen build and while the LEDs are turning on inside the case, the fans are not spinning and i see nothing on my monitor. not sure where i went wrong and any help would be deeply appreciated!!

Parts 

Ryzen 1700x

Asus Crosshair VI Hero

Corsair H115i

EVGA Nex750G

Corsair Vengeance 

Asus Strix 180 Ti

Samsung SSD

Western DIgital HHD

The motherboard isn't getting power if there is no LEDs lit up. Check all power connectors, 24 pin to right of board and 8 pin in upper left. If you can, could you post a picture of the inside of the PC so we can see if there's anything not plugged in

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

DOA board. hopefully this is not in the case already...

@stealth80 that's a good suggestion.

System specs:

well the LEDs are on and the lights green saying the cpu is ready to run i may double check the fan connections 

pull everything out of the case build it on mobo box again. there is a key on, Asus Crosshair VI Hero for test benching. hopefully by LED turning on you mean functional leds not the RGB ones. on top right of Asus Crosshair VI Hero there are indicator leds and a small lcd that shows numbers, if those light up, both the numbers and 3 LEDs give you a lot of valuable diagnostic info. you need to read the mobo manual or google the color code of leds and meaning of each number. Although looks like you already know what you are doing. cause you pointed to cpu led. i think it should be white to work though. its white on maximus hero intel version. but in any case i would rebuild everything out of case

you might havemissed something

so before i took this picture the red light was actually green but now its red and there is no number error code

IMG_1285.jpg

IMG_1286.jpg

wow  i have no idea what that led is, the ones I am talking about are further right and further top.

Looks like PLED light, seems you aren't getting CPU ready light (next to it) I would at this point reseat the CPU and report back how it goes

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

42 minutes ago, Sinole said:

RAM issues is fixed with the new AGESA cpu micro code update..

yes check all the pins are ok on cpu. and press the safe boot button , its red one at the very bottom.

alright i reseated the cpu and tried starting in safe boot like you said now im getting the error code finally and its error code 8 which says system agent initialization after microcode loading i have no idea what that means

ok it could be ram as i said. you have two options: 

1. download latest bios and flash it. you have the option to update bios without even cpu i think.

2. get another ram from your other computer and test. 

there is one other problem that i faced with maximums, if you don't plug 1 aio fan header to cpu fan it wont load. dont plug your aio to pump header. you got to make sure your main  cpu fan header is occupied.

24 minutes ago, Sinole said:

ok it could be ram as i said. you have two options: 

1. download latest bios and flash it. you have the option to update bios without even cpu i think.

2. get another ram from your other computer and test. 

there is one other problem that i faced with maximums, if you don't plug 1 aio fan header to cpu fan it wont load. dont plug your aio to pump header. you got to make sure your main  cpu fan header is occupied.

it's not the pump header, it's a tachometer to tell the system what the pump speed is. it is there so that the BIOS doesn't freak out thinking the CPU is not actively cooled. The H115i is powered off the SATA power bus.

System specs:

nope it has a pump header, see the diagram, he actually plugged it to right one.

Untitled.png

Asus gives you the option to creat a fan curve for your aio pump and 2 fans for a 240 or 280 aio system with those 3 fan header on top. i use it. it is nice

The H115i is powered off the Sata bus, and is controlled, via USB, for pump speed and fan curves with the Corsair Link software.

I should know, I own one.

It has absolutely nothing to do with his problem. ...but i do not see that the USB header is attached to the cold plate.

System specs: