Buying new TV, confused?

jakethesnake2x

So I'm looking to buy a new tv for my living room. I already have a pretty good 5.1 surround system set up, so not looking for any good built in sound, it is all about the picture for me.

I have been looking at two models the LG OLED65B6 and the LG OLED65E6, I was therefore wondering what the difference is between these, like is a better panel in the E compared to the B, or does E have a better chipset set or something like that. All opinions are welcome.

E6 is 3D capable, Vesa Mount is 400x200, speaker system is 2.2 Channel slight weight difference and Expensive. 

B6 No 3D. Vesa Mount is 300x200, speaker system is 4.0 Channel again slight weight difference and cheaper. 

So really do you want to shell out the extra cash for 3D capability? 

Don't really care about 3d, and haven't bought mount yet so specification doesn't matter much. But besides these few features are their any technical differences, that would favor the significantly more expensive E version compared to the B ?

• 2 weeks later...

Recently picked up the OLED55B7P for ~$1,750 on eBay.  Picture quality is great though the burn in needs to be taken into consideration as the TV won't look as good day one as it does day 7.  Between the B and E series, I'd recommend the B if you're not going for 3D and have an external speaker system. 

Between the 6th and 7th generation, believe Vincent Teoh from HDTVTest does a pretty decent review of the benefits.  His arbitrary synopsis is a 35% improvement for the 7 series vs. the 6 series.

Thanks.