Best 140mm fan for my needs

DekaRanger
Go to solution Solved by DekaRanger,
5 minutes ago, django_keyes said:

No thats fine. Well if you are going for black fans you have many choices. Noctua's NF-A14 iPPC at 2000-3000 rpm are a great choice, but it is loud. The ML140 in black is great, but it is still loud. The be quiet! Silent Wings 3 is great choice, as it is quiet. All of these fans are great, but the stand out is Noctua. There is a reasons they have been trusted for years. 

I think I will be going with the Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 2000. The only thing that concerns me is that I have read a couple of places that the Noctua iPPC has a clicking sound at lower rpm's, is this true?

Hello.

As the title states I am wondering what the best 140mm fan for my needs is. I am planning on putting 2x140mm fans in the bottom of the Corsair Air 740. I am going to purchase a filter for intake so I don't have to worry about dust coming from there. I have been looking at the Corsair ML140 Pro and the Noctua NF-A14 ippc but, I am still very confused on what is the better fan. As mentioned it will only be pulling air through a dust filter so no real restriction there(correct me if I am wrong).

Don't know what else to say except thank you in advance for taking your time on helping and unexperienced user.

Also color scheme? You don't want something that is going to throw it off. 

Also color scheme? You don't want something that is going to throw it off. 

Thank you. Completely forgot to mention things like that. I have no budget for the fans, and the color scheme is going to be blue and yellow/ red and yellow since I got rgb strips and some rgb fans. I would like mostly black fans.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing.

Just now, DekaRanger said:

Thank you. Completely forgot to mention things like that. I have no budget for the fans, and the color scheme is going to be blue and yellow/ red and yellow since I got rgb strips and some rgb fans. I would like mostly black fans.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing.

No thats fine. Well if you are going for black fans you have many choices. Noctua's NF-A14 iPPC at 2000-3000 rpm are a great choice, but it is loud. The ML140 in black is great, but it is still loud. The be quiet! Silent Wings 3 is great choice, as it is quiet. All of these fans are great, but the stand out is Noctua. There is a reasons they have been trusted for years. 

IMG_1930.JPG

I think I will be going with the Noctua NF-A14 iPPC 2000. The only thing that concerns me is that I have read a couple of places that the Noctua iPPC has a clicking sound at lower rpm's, is this true?

9 minutes ago, django_keyes said:

IMG_1930.JPG

9 minutes ago, django_keyes said:

IMG_1930.JPG

I did not thought that noctua is gonna be loud, but i guess i still want to go for NH-D14

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

7 minutes ago, DekaRanger said:

So have you watch this?

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

5 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

So have you watch this?

Yes, I have watched it. It didn't really help me a lot but thinking about it looking at specs compared to the ML140 Pro's it offers a lower db with an increased cfm which doesn't mean a lot since I won't be running them at 2k rpm but at sub 1k like linus for silence.

1 minute ago, DekaRanger said:

Yes, I have watched it. It didn't really help me a lot but thinking about it looking at specs compared to the ML140 Pro's it offers a lower db with an increased cfm which doesn't mean a lot since I won't be running them at 2k rpm but at sub 1k like linus for silence.

Yes the ML is better than SP or AF

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

48 minutes ago, Ordinarily_Greater said:

Yes the ML is better than SP or AF

I have Noctua fans and they are not loud under loud. I did not clarify enough, they are louder than the be quiet! fans. 

On 6/21/2017 at 3:49 PM, DekaRanger said:

To an extent, yes. They aren't as quiet as the normal noctuas. If you don't need the extra robustness and want quiet, I wouldn't recommend getting iPPC's over normal noctuas. If you want black fans, look at BeQuiet!'s SW3's instead.

On 6/21/2017 at 3:51 PM, Ordinarily_Greater said:

I did not thought that noctua is gonna be loud, but i guess i still want to go for NH-D14

Why the NH-D14? It's a bit old by now and isn't as acoustically pleasant as some other newer coolers due to the 2 different fans on the heatsink.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Why the NH-D14? It's a bit old by now and isn't as acoustically pleasant as some other newer coolers due to the 2 different fans on the heatsink.

Maybe that is why it is compatible with LGA 775

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :