HELP college student dilemma

I'm a gamer who currently has an Asus g750 JM. It served me well for a couple of years but it hasn't adapted to well with college. It's way too heavy to carry around. Initially I intended to buy an Alienware 13. It seemed like a logical choice. Good quality, lightweight, good specs, reasonable price considering what you get and a nice design. But then it hit me, I usually haven't had time for pc gaming during college. Usually when I did game, it was on a console with friends. So then I thought I would buy a non gaming ultrabook and a console. Does anyone know a good ultra book? Like one that costs a maximum of 1350 dollars. Minimum of 8gb of ram, preferably 16 gb. Pcie storage with nvme also would help a lot. Or maybe I'm thinking buying a cheapo but good enough laptop around 300 dollars and then also building a desktop and maybe buying a console. Overall my maximum combined budget would be around 2200 dollars. 

4 minutes ago, gamerstarwars said:

I'm a gamer who currently has an Asus g750 JM. It served me well for a couple of years but it hasn't adapted to well with college. It's way too heavy to carry around. Initially I intended to buy an Alienware 13. It seemed like a logical choice. Good quality, lightweight, good specs, reasonable price considering what you get and a nice design. But then it hit me, I usually haven't had time for pc gaming during college. Usually when I did game, it was on a console with friends. So then I thought I would buy a non gaming ultrabook and a console. Does anyone know a good ultra book? Like one that costs a maximum of 1350 dollars. Minimum of 8gb of ram, preferably 16 gb. Pcie storage with nvme also would help a lot. Or maybe I'm thinking buying a cheapo but good enough laptop around 300 dollars and then also building a desktop and maybe buying a console. Overall my maximum combined budget would be around 2200 dollars. 

If you're not using it in class, or you have school supplied computers to use in class, then I would suggest you to build a mini-itx machine. There's ones out there that look really sleek and you can easily throw it into your backpack.

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Mini-ITX-Computer-RC-110-KKN2/dp/B00ID2FBU6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498076450&sr=8-1&keywords=mini-itx+case

Is an example of one.

What i do/did is get a decent laptop for school (i5-i7, simple gpu or just iGPU, 240GB ssd) and game on my rig at home.

It leaves a good line between relaxing, gaming, chilling and whatever and serious work, concentrating and knowing what you are doing is important.

It's just a psychological thing, true, but it does help me a LOT. It leaves a clear line between school and home (or your equivalent of home).

I wouldn't get a 300 dollar thing, school is important and you need to have something reliable that won't start complaning after a few months because it doesn't have enough power or whatever.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon