FPS Mice for small hands?

JakeMat

Hi all,

Am searching for a good quality gaming mouse, to be used primarily for playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. This is an fps game that requires a lot of fast and accurate mouse movements including flicking and dragging consistently at a precise sensitivity. As such, am looking for a mouse to do this task as I have small-medium sized hands and most options seem to be tailored to medium-large hands, and / or are quite heavy with a lot of unnecessary switches and other features. Budget : ~ up to 80/90 EUR.

//EDIT: Something lightweight & with a unibody design (not many different layers of e.g smooth plastic and rubbery plastic).

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions, 

Jacob

Just now, L.Lawliet said:

-Mionix castor

-Razer Deathadder

-Rival 300

I find the death adder to be a massive mouse. Caster and Rival are quite small

u know what the say about small hands?

hi

10 minutes ago, dnf said:

u know what the say about small hands?

People who bring it up have underlying self-esteem issues?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Just now, ARikozuM said:

People who bring it up have underlying self-esteem issues?

exactly

hi

I have pretty big hands and my roccat kone feels pretty small and I do like it (took some time getting used to, I had a 1life:shooter before this and it was huge). I also play CS:GO mainly but I'm pretty bad. 

HOWEVER, I'm not experienced in mice so don't really take my word for it

24 minutes ago, JakeMat said:

Hi all,

Am searching for a good quality gaming mouse, to be used primarily for playing Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. This is an fps game that requires a lot of fast and accurate mouse movements including flicking and dragging consistently at a precise sensitivity. As such, am looking for a mouse to do this task as I have small-medium sized hands and most options seem to be tailored to medium-large hands, and / or are quite heavy with a lot of unnecessary switches and other features. Budget : ~ up to 80/90 EUR.

Thanks in advance for all your suggestions, 

Jacob

I'm quite happy with my Logitech G Pro.  I wanted something simple (not a bunch of buttons) but good to play Overwatch with.  It seems to be rather popular among the pro players.  https://pcpartpicker.com/product/9cH48d/logitech-g-pro-wired-optical-mouse-910-004855

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

1 hour ago, Ricardo56 said:

I have pretty big hands and my roccat kone feels pretty small and I do like it (took some time getting used to, I had a 1life:shooter before this and it was huge). I also play CS:GO mainly but I'm pretty bad. 

HOWEVER, I'm not experienced in mice so don't really take my word for it

I also have a roccat Kone (XTD) and it feels big and a bit heavy as well as the fact that it has multiple different textured surfaces which gets uncomfortable for playing for longer periods of time with sweaty hands and the wear over time:

Image result for Roccat Kone xtd

As you can see the lighting areas are covered with clear plastic which is slippery whereas the rest is a bit smoother and less slippery but the contrast and ridges in between make it unsuitable for playing CS:GO for long periods of time (1.8k+ Hours).

35 minutes ago, L.Lawliet said:

-Razer Deathadder

are you kidding ? the deathadder is huge ... it's not a mouse, it's a rat.

the smallest razer mouse is probably the orochi 

0b7b7b359a246f35497e1962550ab352-orochi-

it is designed as a "mobile mouse" - meaning you CAN put two AA batteries in it an connect it wirelessly over bluetooth. in this mode of operation it is the best bluetooth mouse i ever used. no connection dropouts and i did not notice any input lag either. (the downside is that it drains batteries faster than most other bluetooth mice)

the batteries make it a bit heavy, wich could be uncomfortable to use at low sensitivity settings where the mouse needs to be flicked and dragged a lot. 

luckily, razer included a braided usb cable (it is not very long though - better have a usb port near your mouse pad) and the mouse can be used without batteries and operates just like you would expect from any other gaming mouse of that price range. 

it feels very comfortable despite its size (i had a deathadder myself wich i liked very much because of its large size ... and then switched to the orochi wich is tiny in comparsion - but i can use it for hours without cramping) 

so i guess it is a good small mouse for all but the people with really big hands.

the naga isn't too big either ... so that should work too

6 minutes ago, JakeMat said:

I also have a roccat Kone (XTD) and it feels big and a bit heavy as well as the fact that it has multiple different textured surfaces which gets uncomfortable for playing for longer periods of time with sweaty hands and the wear over time:

As you can see the lighting areas are covered with clear plastic which is slippery whereas the rest is a bit smoother and less slippery but the contrast and ridges in between make it unsuitable for playing CS:GO for long periods of time (1.8k+ Hours).

I have the Kone Pure (Naval storm I think). It only has this rubberry feel and I quite like it tbh h

14 minutes ago, JakeMat said:

I also have a roccat Kone (XTD) and it feels big and a bit heavy as well as the fact that it has multiple different textured surfaces which gets uncomfortable for playing for longer periods of time with sweaty hands and the wear over time

Also I'd recommend seeing if your local store will let you feel and test out the mice. In my case they didn't really let me do it as the package was sealed but I'm pretty sure some places do

Also very happy with my Roccat Kone XTD. And I also don't have massive hands. They're pretty similar to Logitech mice, except with rubber coating instead of just plastic.

The only negative thing, is that the Kone doesn't last a super long time. I think I've gone through 3 of them in the last 8 or so years. :)

Just now, Denned said:

Also very happy with my Roccat Kone XTD. And I also don't have massive hands. They're pretty similar to Logitech mice, except with rubber coating instead of just plastic.

The only negative thing, is that the Kone doesn't last a super long time. I think I've gone through 3 of them in the last 8 or so years. :)

3 mice in 8 years doesn't seem too bad to me tbh

I use a Logitech G Pro, its a smaller mouse that I absolutely love, even with larger than normal hands. Its got a top tier sensor, and comes highly recommended by Rocket Jump Ninja, the best mouse reviewer I've ever seen/watched.