options at 2560x1440p at 144hz

Javiek

I am looking to get a 2560x1440p at 1440hz monitor but I am not sure of what brand to go with or what models would be good.

I am currently on a gtx1060 so i will need to upgrade to be able to utilize a higher refresh rate.

I would love to have it since this going to be a long term investment.  I know that freesync tends to be cheaper than gsync but at the moment i dont know that there is a RX gpu that can do high refresh rates at 2560x1440p.

First post on here but I can fully recommend the Asus ROG Swift PG27UQ, its a tad pricey (Around £700) but is fully worth it IMO! I've had mine for about a week now and it is nothing short of perfect

On 6/21/2017 at 3:22 PM, Javiek said:

I am currently on a gtx1060 so i will need to upgrade to be able to utilize a higher refresh rate.

Dell has a 24 and 27" 1440 144hz monitor with Gsync. I have one and a 1060. Games that run at 144fps look great. Games that run at 60+ fps also look great.

Many of the 27" 1440p 144hz IPS G-sync monitors are plagued by quality control issues. I bought a AOC AGON AG271QG monitor some while ago, and I had to RMA it almost instantly because of some wierd clouding/backlight bleed issues.

To AOC's credit the RMA process was very fast and they even sent me the new one first so I didn't have to be without a monitor. The new one I got is awesome, and I'm very happy with my purchase. Beware though as I've read about people going through 5+ monitors before getting one with an acceptable level of backlight bleed regardless of brand. Some people are more picky than others though.

The ones I looked at were:

ASUS PG279Q

ACER XB271HU

AOC AGON AG271AG

Viewsonic XG2703-GS

They all use the same panel from AU optronics, except the Acer one that has a bezel-less version of the panel. The AOC one is generally the cheapest, but in my opnion the best looking. That is personal preference though :)

If you are willing to use a TN panel many people recommend the Dell S2716DG which is cheaper than all the ones I have listed. These also don't seem to have problems with backlight bleed.

Acer xb271hu or Asus pg279q would be my choice now. I use the xb270hu and there is no blb. IPS and Gsync is a must have if you go for a Monitor like this.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

From personal experience i can only recommend the Acer XB271HU  if you want IPS, or the Dell S2716DG, which is cheaper but uses a TN panel (A pretty decent one). If you are going to spend so much money on a monitor you need to make sure you get GSync/Freesync.

The Asus PG279Q is pretty much the same monitor as the XB271HU, but has a lot of quality control issues, so i wouldn't recommend it.