7900X Coming In Hot?!

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Quoted a reputable reviewer to warn people about the thermal issues present in stock configuration? My bad? Look through the thread I've tried hard not to discuss performance or value at all. Only the subject: Thermals and to a lesser extent power draw.

If it was AMD people would have no probs reporting it.

The reason it's one of your first news related posts is because you found something that supports your cause and you just had to get it out there first.  In keepings with your usual Intel bashing.  No biggie.  I'm just calling it like it is.

Despite you obvious rage against Intel, which you repeatedly deny time and time again, I still thing that your an OK dude when pissing on Intel isn't consuming your daily thoughts.  

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Quote me saying that in this thread. I have tried harder than any of you to discuss the topic and nothing else.

I was talking about that in general. But I really like how you ignored the rest: xD

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah, you Ryzen guys love to talk about AMD's thermal performance, but when people start talking about actual CPU performance, you just keep repeating "Ryzen is better value" and "Intel is a furnace" :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah, you Ryzen guys love to talk about AMD's thermal performance, but when people start talking about actual CPU performance, you just keep repeating "Ryzen is better value" and "Intel is a furnace" :P

Instead of highlighting the good, they'd rather bash the competition to the point of exhaustion.  It's always done under the subtle guise of trying to help people stay informed.  I love all the help.  xD

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

The reason it's one of your first news related posts is because you found something that supports your cause and you just had to get it out there first.  In keepings with your usual Intel bashing.  No biggie.  I'm just calling it like it is.

Despite you obvious rage against Intel, which you repeatedly deny time and time again, I still thing that your an OK dude when pissing on Intel isn't consuming your daily thoughts.  

I saw some news that hadn't been posted yet so I posted it. Not sure why I get hate for that when its literally what others do :P In fact I have tried it with a variety of topics but they have been posted so I don't

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I was talking about that in general. But I really like how you ignored the rest

Didn't ignore I responded to the most relevant part and hey sorry if its a sore subject but Intel cheaping out has made X299 a furnace so rather than change the subject just deal with/accept it. I haven't criticised performance and nor have I told you not to buy one so I don't see what the problem is.

So to share and interesting experience with Gamer's Nexus.  I pointed out an obvious mistake in one of their latest videos and do you know how they handle it?  They tapped dance around their justification citing that a hardware manufacture told them that it couldn't, therefore it was impossible.  Plenty of people repeatedly told them that their statement was in fact false, but they opted not to modify or note the correction.  Based on that experience, I can see why the channel, which admittedly I used to respect, continues to grow at a snails pace.  

7 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah, a $599 Intel CPU beat a $350 AMD CPU. Glory for Intel. :)

4 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Instead of highlighting the good, they'd rather bash the competition to the point of exhaustion.  It's always done under the subtle guise of trying to help people stay informed.  I love all the help.  xD

"Informing" people is the key here. ;) 

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

I saw some news that hadn't been posted yet so I posted it. Not sure why I get hate for that when its literally what others do :P In fact I have tried it with a variety of topics but they have been posted so I don't

Because you specialize in Intel bashing.  You are the most outspoken person on LTT when it comes to highlighting possible issues.  They don't necessarily need to be fact, just possible.  

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Didn't ignore I responded to the most relevant part and hey sorry if its a sore subject but Intel cheaping out has made X299 a furnace so rather than change the subject just deal with/accept it.

AMD intentionally crippled AVX on Ryzen, but no! "That's not an issue! Nobody uses AVX!"

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, Deli said:

Yeah, a $599 Intel CPU beat a $350 AMD CPU. Glory for Intel. :)

Read :P

Ryzen is a much better option if you are on a budget. X299 is for those who want the best possible performance and don't mind spending 2x more for it :P

7 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Laugh it off all you want but its not good news. You say this because you have a heavy Intel bias I guarantee not one fuck would be given if it were AMD and I'm not saying that for any other reason than when it was AMD having the same issue they got shit for it. Also you are delidder the stock thermal performance won't affect you so I don't know why you feel the need to weigh in and rather than commenting on the issue you avoid and call me sad for reporting it. lovely 1 sided news then if we can't address Intel's mistakes. The purpose of this thread is 1) to draw light to the issue and 2) Instead of being aimed at delidders like you it is aimed at those who won't like @PCGuy_5960

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

So to share and interesting experience with Gamer's Nexus.  I pointed out an obvious mistake in one of their latest videos and do you know how they handle it?  They tapped dance around their justification citing that a hardware manufacture told them that it couldn't, therefore it was impossible.  Plenty of people repeatedly told them that their statement was in fact false, but they opted not to modify or note the correction.  Based on that experience, I can see why the channel, which admittedly I used to respect, continues to grow at a snails pace.  

To be fair their content is a bit too in depth for most tech users hence why LTT is growing cause it's grossly over simplified

Because you specialize in Intel bashing.  You are the most outspoken person on LTT when it comes to highlighting possible issues.  They don't necessarily need to be fact, just possible.  

we could say the same about zmuel just saying

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

AMD intentionally crippled AVX on Ryzen, but no! "That's not an issue! Nobody uses AVX!"

Nope.  As a matter of fact @tom_w141 does his absolute damdest to play that and ANY Ryzen issue down citing that they aren't common or it's not that big of a deal.  

AVX specifically impacts temperatures.  If AMD's worked correctly and if utilized, we might see some dramatically higher temps as well, but we'll never know as they removed that option from the consumer to do so.  

4 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

They don't necessarily need to be fact, just possible.

But these are facts from multiple reputable sources. *yawn* next? Are we going to get to the topic soon or are we still attacking me rather than the subject?

6 minutes ago, XenosTech said:

To be fair their content is a bit too in depth for most tech users hence why LTT is growing cause it's grossly over simplified

Yeah, it was just sad to see what I thought was such a factually based channel starting to head down the path of ego.  They literally did not want to say, "our bad" and fix it.  It was too small of a thing to lose credibility on.  

Nope.  As a matter of fact @tom_w141 does his absolute damdest to play that and ANY Ryzen issue down citing that they aren't common or it's not that big of a deal.  

AVX specifically impacts temperatures.  If AMD's worked correctly and if utilized, we might see some dramatically higher temps as well, but we'll never know as they removed that option from the consumer to do so.  

lol literally any option other than to discuss the topic at hand. Is that in the X299 handbook you have? Any topic you don't want to discuss like price, power draw or thermals just autistic screech AVX?

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

lol literally any option other than to discuss the topic at hand. Is that in the X299 handbook you have? Any topic you don't want to discuss like price, power draw or thermals just autistic screech AVX?

4 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

Why are we on avx? xD You guys just can't stay on topic are you that in denial? enjoy those temps lmao

That's right, because AVX doesn't impact temperatures, right?  Actually it's the single most cause of high temps during loads.  You don't have to worry about that though with your AMD chip because they didn't give you the option of using full AVX.  Enjoy the low temps and lower performance!

Then again, based on previous talks, AVX isn't your strong point so I understand.  

That's right, because AVX doesn't impact temperatures, right?  Actually it's the single most cause of high temps during loads.  You don't have to worry about that though with your AMD chip because they didn't give you the option of using full AVX.  Enjoy the low temps and lower performance!

Quick a negative Intel thread justify temps of 95 degrees by saying AVX. You know what? for 95 degrees? Keep your AVX512 lmao xD Oh and btw I love how you don't even know if it was an AVX load its just the Intel get out of jail card at the minute "oh price, power draw and thermals don't matter its just because of AVX"

Just now, done12many2 said:

That's right, because AVX doesn't impact temperatures, right? 

I am 99% sure that reviewers who get 95C and 300W of power draw are using Prime95 with AVX enabled. Which makes temps and power consumption skyrocket. 

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Yeah, it was just sad to see what I thought was such a factually based channel starting to head down the path of ego.  They literally did not want to see, "our bad" and fix it.  It was too small of a thing to lose credibility on.  

Their last 2 videos are anything but what they used to be. Instead of deep dive hardware benchmarking and in-depth reviews, they've reverted to childish company bashing like all the other idiots out there.

It's too bad too; me being a major Patron supporter, I'm thinking to cancel that support if they're going to resort to stupid shit.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Yeah, it was just sad to see what I thought was such a factually based channel starting to head down the path of ego.  They literally did not want to see, "our bad" and fix it.  It was too small of a thing to lose credibility on.  

I find people tend to over react to people making mistakes but t hey should have corrected it in the vid or mentioned it in a tweet or something.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

I am 99% sure that reviewers who get 95C and 300W of power draw are using Prime95 with AVX enabled. Which makes temps and power consumption skyrocket. 

Yet @tom_w141 wants to focus on the topic as if this doesn't play a role.