7900X Coming In Hot?!

2 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

My 5960x at 4.6 1.23v hits mid 60s with a bigger loop than what he's using so that's damn impressive for a 10 core.  I plan to use the 7900x on a loop that makes my 5960x loop look like a baby AIO.  :D

Yeah, especially for a 10 core that is NOT soldered and keep in mind, thermaltake has aluminum rads, so they aren't very good ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

Can you clarify what you mean?  He shows numerous temps.

Talking about the picture of CB and HWinfo in the thread.

If this is legit it just raises even more questions though. Why does his do ok but literally every other reviewer spikes to 90+ and throttles immediately.

2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

My bad, I thought he said less than 1.25V

Watch the video:

-snip-

He stress tested the CPU for almost an hour....

What they don't tell you is the number of blue men from the blue man group that had to be sacrificed and their blood was used to act as the coolant...I have problems...

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Can't but i'll take your word for it. I wonder why no one else could.

Because everyone else is trying to use baby ass 240-280mm AIO coolers on a 10 core part running in excess of 4.5 GHz.  Doesn't make any sense. 

That's like running a 120mm AIO on a 7700k.  Retarded.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Can't but i'll take your word for it. I wonder why no one else could.

Well, no other reviewer used a 360mm custom loop to cool it :D

StressS.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah, especially for a 10 core that is NOT soldered and keep in mind, thermaltake has aluminum rads, so they aren't the best ;)

If the entire loop is aluminum, no biggie. The thermal dissipation difference between Copper, brass, and aluminum is pretty damn small, probably a 1C difference at worse.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

13 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

7900X with a 360mm Thermaltake (probably aluminum) radiator! At 4.7GHz  with less than 1.25V the CPU only hit 74C! 

It was able to get a 2500 cinebench score! 

CinebenchS.jpg

https://www.techspot.com/review/1437-overclocking-core-i9/

with a 400€ cooling system https://www.amazon.de/THERMALTAKE-RL360-D5-Behaelter-hartplastik-Schaeuche/dp/B01LY86H15/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498568689&sr=8-1&keywords=Thermaltake+PACIFIC

Just now, tom_w141 said:

I would hardly call a kraken X62 baby ass xD its at the high end of AIOs.

I just used one yesterday.  Great cooler, but still not beefy enough to handle 10 core chips with high clock speeds.

Whether the chip is blue or red, if they are 10 or more cores running at 4.5+ GHz, you have no business running small AIOs.  

2 minutes ago, TOMPPIX said:

with a 400€ cooling system...

Yes, so what? It's a $1000 CPU, if you have enough money to buy a $1000 CPU you probably have enough money to buy a $400 cooler (although you can build a better loop with EK parts for less than $400)

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

I would hardly call a kraken X62 baby ass xD its at the high end of AIOs.

If you are trying too cool a 300+W CPU with a Kraken X62, all I can say is good luck :P

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

Btw that makes no difference. Mixing metals is bad but not for thermal reasons.

Yeah, but copper rads usually perform slightly better than aluminum rads ;)

What do you use again?

Custom loop :P

Great cooler, but still not beefy enough to handle 10 core chips with high clock speeds.

All you need is a bucket of ice water.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

All you need is a bucket of ice water.

Extremely effective trick.

Just now, tom_w141 said:

Lol no you don't :P 

What? If you get the 7900X you should get a custom loop to cool it, an AiO isn't enough.....

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

What? If you get the 7900X you should get a custom loop to cool it, an AiO isn't enough.....

Or get one of those EK predator modular loops. Get a 360mm + 280 mm and slap them all on the CPU :D

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

7 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

What do you use again?

7 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Custom loop :P

1 minute ago, tom_w141 said:

Lol no you don't :P 

He's saying that you don't use a custom loop as implied above.  

4 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

I asked what YOU use

He's saying that you don't use a custom loop as implied above.  

Oh. lol. I misread the reply xD

I may get a custom loop TBH :D

4 minutes into the video, Steve says that under max load @ 4.7 Ghz on the 7900X, on a 360mm rad-based loop that it's maxing out around 73-74 C. 

This is getting funny.