What is going on with LTT HQ

TechFin

I have recently noticed that the sets have changed and someone's office appears to be in your front reception just wondered what was going on, was it the floods?

They're remodeling the place so half of it is filled with construction.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

They're actually building a second floor out in the set area for offices, a kitchen, and a shower.

They're doing major renovation work that will be revealed later. We Floatplane members have seen a lot of the progress behind-the-scenes. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

oh nice , any ETA of when they will be complete and we will see the full reveal?

13 minutes ago, TechFin said:

oh nice , any ETA of when they will be complete and we will see the full reveal?

I'm not sure. Floatplane will get you the updates though!

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 minutes ago, TechFin said:

Is floatplane worth it?

I mean, you can download videos for personal use (great for putting them on a NAS), get videos 1 week early, and you get random little FPC exclusives, such as updates about the "mezzanine" (which you will learn more about), and there is better interaction between people like Linus and Luke and us. So yes, I'd say it's well worth it. 

34 minutes ago, TechFin said:

Is floatplane worth it?

No, if you are happy with YT and ads. Yes, if you want to support LMG and get some bonus at the side.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, FieldGenEJ said:

They're actually building a second floor out in the set area for offices, a kitchen, and a shower.

I told him to do that. I am glad he took my advice. It never made sense to me the floor layout of the warehouse. In some video's they were so crammed inside a small room it was silly.

8 hours ago, TechFin said:

Is floatplane worth it?

Fuck yes

Yours faithfully

Just now, yathis said:

Waste of money

Oh no, $2.99 for week early stuff, higher quality videos and exclusives. Absolute waste. 

Yours faithfully

8 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

No, if you are happy with YT and ads. Yes, if you want to support LMG and get some bonus at the side.

What are these "Ad" things you speak of ? 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

Absolute waste. 

You got it

Just now, yathis said:

You got it

So's my water cooled i7 7700k, complete waste, I should have just burned my money (actually the i7 7700K is about as hot as burning money, basically the same thing)

Yours faithfully

2 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

So's my water cooled i7 7700k, complete waste, I should have just burned my money (actually the i7 7700K is about as hot as burning money, basically the same thing)

Thats what you are doing with your subscription payment.

To each derown

Wait... Content behind a paywall? 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 hour ago, Not_Sean said:

Sarcasm?

1 hour ago, Pohernori said:

Wait... Content behind a paywall? 

It's actually funny thing. It's the content they have been requested about for long time. Low quality behind the scenes stuff. Man and camera style. I guess in mind of Linus it isn't considered being so bad. Longest video is just over 5mins.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, Not_Sean said:

1rb2p0.jpg

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

12 hours ago, TechFin said:

Linus mentioned in a Floatplane forum post that they're currently planning on finishing by the end of July, which is a full month ahead of their original schedule.

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It's actually funny thing. It's the content they have been requested about for long time. Low quality behind the scenes stuff. Man and camera style. I guess in mind of Linus it isn't considered being so bad. Longest video is just over 5mins.

Well. A business is all about the money. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

1rb2p0.jpg

Really would like to see adblock that can handle inserts. I could use that when I watch TV.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So these office renovation video's are only on Floatplane club? 

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

Wait a minute... Floatplane club got exclusive videos?

Edit: Yep, exclusive videos for FPC.

17 hours ago, LinusTech said:

Those videos don't really have a place on YouTube. They are very raw and would hurt the channel algorithmically. At this time we are planning to keep these quick&dirty cell phone cam videos exclusive to the platform. 

Its behind the scenes content akin to DVD extras, not the main event. 

We did say in the past we would upload everything to YouTube but with the way YouTube plays games with the algorithm burying the channel if we put up stuff with less mainstream appeal and with us looking for ways to give extra value to Floatplane subscribers without hurting the regular content this was a single stone that hit both birds. 

In other words: "yes we said we wouldn't do this, but if we do it this way we make more money, and that's what matters".

I am honestly surprised you got any dedicated fans left since you treat them like shit so often.